CSNbbs
5 straight wins over ECU basketball! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: 5 straight wins over ECU basketball! (/thread-99495.html)

Pages: 1 2

5 straight wins over ECU basketball! - Bronco_USA - 03-09-2006 07:16 AM

This is 5 straight wins over ECU basketball for UCF! 02-13-banana

... - Hummell - 03-09-2006 07:41 AM

Congratulations. That's an amazing feat.

- KnightLight - 03-09-2006 07:56 AM

I just don't understand how any Carolina College can be BAD in Basketball, year after year after year.

Does ECU KNOW that its located IN NC?

KL

PS. I don't think UCF has a 5 game winning streak vs even a Div II team!

- Lethemeul - 03-09-2006 08:09 AM

KnightLight Wrote:I just don't understand how any Carolina College can be BAD in Basketball, year after year after year.

We don't understand why we continue to suck either.

KnightLight Wrote:PS. I don't think UCF has a 5 game winning streak vs even a Div II team!

You kinda do. We're D-1 in name only.

I wonder how much cash we'd have to drop to get Huggins? 05-stirthepot

- william146 - 03-09-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:I just don't understand how any Carolina College can be BAD in Basketball, year after year after year.

not making excuses, but the fact that EC is located in NC is probably why it's so bad in basketball to begin with. when recruits are heading to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, Charlotte, Winthrop (near Charlotte in SC), UNCW, etc, it's hard to get them here. we've sucked in basketball for a looonnng time, mainly because the school and the town are driven mainly by football, so most of the focus and resources go there.

again, not making excuses. we may not be able to out-recruit the ACC teams, but we should be out-recruiting and beating teams like Western Carolina and Gardner-Webb, which we haven't lately. hopefully that'll change soon.

- ManiacMark - 03-09-2006 08:45 AM

You are shaming yourself and your program by starting this thread.

You beat ECU in basketball. Oh my God. So you are probably going to win a natl champ next year.

I dont know what you look like, but I hope you do not look as dumb as you are.

Next time, think before you type.

Re: 5 straight wins over ECU basketball! - ShelbyCoBlazer - 03-09-2006 08:52 AM

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:This is 5 straight wins over ECU basketball for UCF! 02-13-banana

Congratulations, maybe next time you can bring your band, cheerleaders 04-jawdrop and some fans to YOUR conference tourney 05-mafia

Re: 5 straight wins over ECU basketball! - ROM - 03-09-2006 09:15 AM

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:This is 5 straight wins over ECU basketball for UCF! 02-13-banana

I know it's all in good fun -- however, is this something to be bragging about? How can we brag about beating ECU when we lost to Sam Houston State, Birmingham Southern, and South Dakota State. UCF also lost to Southern Miss, Marshall twice (no offense to Marshall fans, but ECU beat Marshall once this season), and SMU spanked us by 22 pts.

Its great that they did so well last night, but they were playing ECU, not Duke.

Its great to win though and I hope they can continue to improve and carry this momentum further into the tournament. Tonight will be a good test.

- ecuacc4ever - 03-09-2006 09:31 AM

william146 Wrote:
Quote:I just don't understand how any Carolina College can be BAD in Basketball, year after year after year.

not making excuses, but the fact that EC is located in NC is probably why it's so bad in basketball to begin with. when recruits are heading to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, Charlotte, Winthrop (near Charlotte in SC), UNCW, etc, it's hard to get them here. we've sucked in basketball for a looonnng time, mainly because the school and the town are driven mainly by football, so most of the focus and resources go there.

again, not making excuses. we may not be able to out-recruit the ACC teams, but we should be out-recruiting and beating teams like Western Carolina and Gardner-Webb, which we haven't lately. hopefully that'll change soon.
Don't forget Davidson, either.

- StillJonesing - 03-09-2006 09:38 AM

Congrats, you beat a CAA team in transition 4 years ago, and beat our worst team in 20 years 3 times this season. Great feat.

We had a new coach, 2 injured starters in the first 7 games, three transfers last season ( to Pitt, Xavier and Juco) as well as a decommit we were counting on (went to Marquette). We are clearly in transition. Stokes/McCarthy and Holland are going to get it tured around. No excuses not to. We have great support and facilities that are so much better than these other schools in NC not in the ACC and hell look around CUSA we were dead last and had the 4th best support here. No excuses not to have a program. We just didn't have the players this year. 6-8 190 center and a 6-7 175 lb PF doesn't cut it.

Re: 5 straight wins over ECU basketball! - GrayBeard - 03-09-2006 09:41 AM

We are one of the worst teams in the country. Good for you! 03-yawn

- ultraviolet - 03-09-2006 09:48 AM

I beat up a first grader 5 straight times. None of my fellow 6th graders seemed impressed. 01-wingedeagle

- Scourge of the 7 Seas - 03-09-2006 09:54 AM

Some people just get their jollies kicking ECU when we are down. We'll be alright in due time. Down the road we will be the ones doing the kicking.

Question: Is finishing 5th in C-USA this year REALLY that much more glamorous than finishing 12th?

Question: Is anyone in the basketball world actually taking notice of the bottom half of C-USA right now?

Crow all y'all want UCF fans, but your program is not perceived any better than ours is at this point in time. Chew on that while y'all enjoy those monumental victories over the Pirates this year. lmfao

- Scourge of the 7 Seas - 03-09-2006 09:55 AM

UCF Blows.

- Jugnaut - 03-09-2006 09:59 AM

there's no need to start a thread like this. We won, lets not rub it in. To all pirate fans, I apologize for this on behalf of UCF fans everywhere.

- Scourge of the 7 Seas - 03-09-2006 10:00 AM

No need to apologize, its who y'all are. We expect low rent behavior from Knight fans.

- The Knight Time - 03-09-2006 10:01 AM

Scourge of the 7 Seas Wrote:Crow all y'all want UCF fans, but your program is not perceived any better than ours is at this point in time. Chew on that while y'all enjoy those monumental victories over the Pirates this year. lmfao

Our 3-0 record vs. ECU this year might say otherwise.

We aren't perceived as the better program, we are the better program.

- Scourge of the 7 Seas - 03-09-2006 10:07 AM

The Knight Time - I knew that you would be too stupid to get my point. Must be that fine commuter college education at work.

The fact that y'all beat us three times and will still not be perceived nationally as a better program IS the point, DUNCE! As far as the basketball world goes, we are one and the same.... that is dregs of the sport at this point and time.

- PiKappWags - 03-09-2006 10:34 AM

North Carolina Basketball is the ACC. Its beyond just drilled into your head from birth. Its Duke or UNC from day 1... with the only brave even deciding loyalty in NCState or Wake Forest.

Every other school in North Carolina atleast plays the ACC teams. We can't even tell a recruit that he'll atleast get a chance to put it to UNC or Duke. I dont know details but we've got to beg UNC-Duke-and State to Play us. We must have those games on the schedule every other year atleast. Drop the pride - who cares if they dont come to Greenville. Its the other schools in NC we need to have coming to Greenville. We could schedule one outstanding OOC schedule and never play anyone outside of the state. Bring in Appalachian, UNC-G, UNC-C, UNC-W, Davidson...

Since Ive been at ECU - Ive seen us play Wake once, NCState once... And thats since 2000. There is no reason for a NC basketball player to come here besides our fans.

- blah - 03-09-2006 12:09 PM

ultraviolet Wrote:I beat up a first grader 5 straight times. My friends seemed rather unimpressed for a bunch of 6th graders. 01-wingedeagle
lmfao lmfao lmfao

Gotta let them know who's boss....