CSNbbs
Is there another UH board?? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: Houston (/forum-445.html)
+----- Thread: Is there another UH board?? (/thread-97588.html)

Is there another UH board?? - TigerinTX - 01-12-2006 09:22 PM

This one is a bit light. While a Memphis fan, interested in reading the thoughts of other uni's in the C-USA. Thanks.

- lauramac - 01-12-2006 09:46 PM

There's coogfans.com (but I think they're a little down in the dumps over there today).

- TigerinTX - 01-12-2006 10:09 PM

Thanks lauramac. Wish I knew how to use the features of this message board, but WTH.

Visited the board. Either they are apathetic or down. Not much going on. My brother & I are considering going to the Rice-Memphis game. Any suggestions for before game activities - New to Houston?

- lauramac - 01-12-2006 10:26 PM

Hmm. If you wanted to get adventurous & try some BBQ brisket, Goode Company is up Kirby and it's tasty. I know "beef BBQ" is heresy to some Memphis folks, so there's also Goode Company Seafood across the way -- also good eatin'.

Rice is a wet campus; Willy's Pub is in the basement of the Student Center, well within walking distance of Autry Court. Off-campus places where you can get a drink include BW-3 (or is it just "Buffalo Wild Wings now? I forget; beer 'n wing joint on Rice Boulevard), Two Rows (brew pub/restaurant in the Village Arcade, they also brew root beer!), and the Gingerman (bar with a wide selection of beers, across the street from the Village Arcade).

Please stop by the Rice board on here too -- I'm sure folks over there will be very willing to help you out!

[EDIT] Dumb me, I forgot to mention Valhalla -- the Graduate Student Association lounge, another bar underneath the big lecture hall in the Chemistry building.

- uhmump95 - 01-13-2006 09:52 AM

I used to have thread posted of UH related sites.

I am pretty much the only Coog who posts on the Houston boards. My other Coog comrades like to make a$$es of themselves on the main board.

You must have hit Coogfans at a down time.

Top topics of merit are:

1. Football staff
2. The loss to Rice
3. Why we can't get any productivity out of our big man?
4. texas envy

I think that covers it.

- RiceDoc - 02-02-2006 05:49 PM

TigerinTX Wrote:Thanks lauramac. Wish I knew how to use the features of this message board, but WTH.

Visited the board. Either they are apathetic or down. Not much going on. My brother & I are considering going to the Rice-Memphis game. Any suggestions for before game activities - New to Houston?

Try the Rice v. Central Missouri State baseball game at 2.

- NavyCrimson - 03-03-2006 03:03 PM

Which is the most popular message board for the coogs now?

thx in adv -

- uhmump95 - 03-03-2006 06:27 PM

Right now the most popular UH board would be Coogfans.com. They are the old guard.

The up and coming UH board is Coogfun.com. I am trying to get them to move and take over this UH board, so there will be some activity.

- NavyCrimson - 03-04-2006 12:54 PM

thank you

- cusa-fans - 03-16-2006 10:05 PM

When in doubt check http://www.cusa-fans.com for additonal team boards. My preference is http://www.CoogFun.com BTW.