CSNbbs
"The Marcus Camby" fund. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: "The Marcus Camby" fund. (/thread-93761.html)

- St. Patrick Eagle - 10-19-2005 08:00 AM

Apparently Marcus can't afford nice clothes on his 45 million dollar contract. He said that the dress code won't happen unless the players are given a stipend across the board. Not surprising that Marcus would have a tough time buying his own clothes considering he cheated in college and had clothes(among other things) bought for him. Can anybody tell me when the collective bargaining agreement is up? Is there any chance of a strike/lockout, that would cause the waste of time that the NBA is to go away?

- Wavebacker - 10-19-2005 08:07 AM

St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:Apparently Marcus can't afford nice clothes on his 45 million dollar contract. He said that the dress code won't happen unless the players are given a stipend across the board. Not surprising that Marcus would have a tough time buying his own clothes considering he cheated in college and had clothes(among other things) bought for him. Can anybody tell me when the collective bargaining agreement is up? Is there any chance of a strike/lockout, that would cause the waste of time that the NBA is to go away?
I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was. I'll let Memphis fans answer that one.

- UCF_AlumniLXA - 10-19-2005 08:24 AM

Wavebacker Wrote:
St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:Apparently Marcus can't afford nice clothes on his 45 million dollar contract. He said that the dress code won't happen unless the players are given a stipend across the board. Not surprising that Marcus would have a tough time buying his own clothes considering he cheated in college and had clothes(among other things) bought for him. Can anybody tell me when the collective bargaining agreement is up? Is there any chance of a strike/lockout, that would cause the waste of time that the NBA is to go away?
I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was. I'll let Memphis fans answer that one.
Jesus... another thread going to be sent down the drain.... Would you let this stuff go.... :bang: :bang:

- oldtiger - 10-19-2005 08:34 AM

Wavebacker Wrote:I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was..........
Check your PMs.

- SPECoog518 - 10-19-2005 08:34 AM

Wavebacker Wrote:I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was. I'll let Memphis fans answer that one.
I will say that those ignorant statements certainly do bely a mentality under which a certain coaches players aren't held responsible for things that are commonly expected from a person living in this society.

- Sophandros - 10-19-2005 08:36 AM

Wavebacker Wrote:
And Ned Fowler was Hot Rod's coach, and many of us, including me, think that he got the shaft in that situation.

- TxTiger79 - 10-19-2005 08:54 AM

SPECoog518 Wrote:
Wavebacker Wrote:I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was. I'll let Memphis fans answer that one.
I will say that those ignorant statements certainly do bely a mentality under which a certain coaches players aren't held responsible for things that are commonly expected from a person living in this society.
[Image: MGM_2_1.jpg]

[Image: broken_record.jpg]

[Image: 0471654655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

- OwlSD - 10-19-2005 11:32 AM

Camby doesn't need to worry... the NBA might help its poor starving millionaires pay for their clothes!

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2195141' target='_blank'>This</a> is what David Stern had to say about Camby's remarks:

Quote:Stern kidded that certain players might receive a special stipend to buy new clothes.

"We don't know where the cutoff is -- maybe if you earn less than $8 million, you'll get a scholarship from the commissioner," Stern said.

The joke was in reference to the comment made last week by Denver Nuggets center Marcus Camby, who reportedly told The Rocky Mountain News that he didn't see players complying with the new rules unless every player received a clothing allowance. Camby is scheduled to make more than $7 million in salary this season.

- CaneFan - 10-20-2005 05:11 PM

Silly, Marcus, this is the NBA. He must be thinking he is still at U-Mass.

- oldtiger - 10-20-2005 05:36 PM

oldtiger Wrote:
Wavebacker Wrote:I thought you might mention who Camby's college coach was..........
Check your PMs.
Check your PMs