CSNbbs
NOON game time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: LSU (/forum-243.html)
+----- Thread: NOON game time (/thread-8871.html)

- mattva03 - 05-14-2003 11:13 AM

I know there is really nothing we can do as fans, but it really pissed me off when i saw that LSU sold out to CBS and the Georgia game is going to start at noon. This takes so much away from what LSU football is. :mad:

- Swamp Fox - 05-14-2003 12:17 PM

That's the first I've heard of that. Is it a done deal? That really screws up our plans. How long of a drive is it from New Orleans to Baton Rouge timewise on a gameday? Man, that sure puts a damper on party plans for Friday night if we have to get up early Saturday. Plus, I was looking forward to being in Red Stick on a Saturday night. It would have been my first time.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have more time to party on Saturday night. Still sucks though. 04-cheers

- SouthLink02 - 06-01-2003 06:43 PM

I don't think that CBS will do this on the UGA weekend. According to the papers in Baton Rouge, CBS has the dates down for its double header either the UGA/LSU week or like 2 weeks later, I forgot the date. Well, I looked up the games for both weeks. If CBS did the double header on the LSU/UGA weekend, ESPN wouldn't have a good game at night. If they did it the other weekend, there are 3 solid SEC games. I think either CBS won't do this OR they will do it the other weekend.

- DawgNBama - 06-09-2003 03:16 PM

Should be a good one. What a lot of Dawg & LSU Tiger fans don't realize is that back in the day, this used to be a pretty heated rivalry. I remember hearing about there being a big road sign with Hairy beating the LSU Tiger with a giant club. :eek:

- GDawgs88 - 06-10-2003 12:39 PM

The Dawgs rule during the day. Remember that.

- SouthLink02 - 06-10-2003 03:57 PM

GDawgs88 Wrote:The Dawgs rule during the day. Remember that.
Ya, if LSU plays UGA during the day, I see UGA winning pretty well. But at night is a different story.