CSNbbs
Can't wait until 05 for the new CUSA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: Can't wait until 05 for the new CUSA (/thread-87361.html)

- 93eastrockeagle - 05-11-2004 01:53 PM

Congratulations Golden Knights,

First, let me welcome you to a great conference which I feel will only get better with the addition of UCF and the other new schools.
I think there is a common thread that connects all of the schools in the new and improved CUSA. We all had to fight for every inch of ground afforded us and forged a tradition of winning against the odds. That kind of tenacity is frowned upon by powers that be, but the winds of change are blowing.
With the new graduation rates rules passed by the NCAA, programs like Cinn., USF(usuall suspects Florida), and Louisville will face the same obstacles that "smaller" schools have faced for years. This will definitely level the playing field in all sports beginning in 2006. The next few years are crutial for CUSA as the new landscape of college athletics takes shape.
I personally think CUSA stacks up well with any of the major conferences. Just look at all of the tremendous coaches around the leage and the list of accomplishments over the last 10 years. Our hour is at hand,and I see the Big East as a soft target with guarenteed ESPN coverage.
So go do us proud UCF and Kick that bunch of bush league Bull's Arse! GO EAGLES! GO UCF! And GO CUSA 05!

- BlackNGold - 05-11-2004 04:09 PM

awh shux! thank yaw!