CSNbbs
WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school (/thread-871414.html)

WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - usmbacker - 02-27-2019 06:35 PM

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Ty-Storey-to-transfer-to-from-Arkansas-Western-Kentucky-WKU-129536195/

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Ole Blue - 02-27-2019 07:35 PM

Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Jack Bauer - 02-28-2019 11:20 AM

Probably be a good fall camp competition between him and Steven Duncan. Don’t see any other qb winning the spot.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - usmbacker - 02-28-2019 12:01 PM

(02-28-2019 11:20 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  Probably be a good fall camp competition between him and Steven Duncan. Don’t see any other qb winning the spot.

More on this. I didn't know WKU plays the Hogs next year.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/feb/28/qb-storey-headed-for-the-hilltoppers-20/?sports

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - WKUFan518 - 02-28-2019 02:21 PM

(02-27-2019 07:35 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.

Was thrown into a system where he was not a fit similar to our QBs last season under clown junior....He is not mobile and the pigs HC wants a mobile QB....I think he will be a really good fit for what Helton wants to do....I think he will be our starting QB this season....

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - usmbacker - 02-28-2019 03:41 PM

(02-28-2019 02:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(02-27-2019 07:35 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.

Was thrown into a system where he was not a fit similar to our QBs last season under clown junior....He is not mobile and the pigs HC wants a mobile QB....I think he will be a really good fit for what Helton wants to do....I think he will be our starting QB this season....

I saw him play in high school. He was a great player. He had offers from Alabama and Auburn coming out of high school. He was in a bad situation at Ark. Beilema was a disaster as a HC and then Morris comes in and he was just as bad last year. I think he will be very good for you guys.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - WKUFan518 - 02-28-2019 05:44 PM

(02-28-2019 03:41 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 02:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

I saw him play in high school. He was a great player. He had offers from Alabama and Auburn coming out of high school. He was in a bad situation at Ark. Beilema was a disaster as a HC and then Morris comes in and he was just as bad last year. I think he will be very good for you guys.

I agree, I don’t think competition will be close between him and Duncan...Lots of WKU fans are in love with Duncan, I think he has a ways to go ...Duncan has arm but he makes a lot of bad decisions, a season learning new offense he could be the answer year his final two seasons...

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Fort Bend Owl - 02-28-2019 08:58 PM

We had a transfer QB from the SEC who was our starter this past season before he got hurt. Of course our Vandy transfer hadn't played nearly as much as the WKU transfer. Sometimes they work out, and sometimes they don't.

How many grad transfers has everyone announced thus far? We have 4 (3 OL and a QB), but the difference between this year's and last year's is that all of the guys coming in (a) have actually played for their former teams, and (b) in 3 of the 4 cases were highly decorated players for their former teams. We still could get 1 or 2 more, but I get the sense that both players (running backs from UT and Stanford) are still trying to figure out if they will get playing time for their current schools before deciding whether or not to transfer to a different school. That seems to be how it works these days in the college game.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - THUNDERStruck73 - 02-28-2019 09:50 PM

Man, we have this stud transfer from FCS Wagner..... oh, wait...

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - ghostofclt! - 03-01-2019 07:44 AM

clt says this is a click bait chat page title

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - SouthernMiss3613 - 03-01-2019 12:39 PM

It is good that he has some solid starting experience.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Lizard Breath - 03-01-2019 12:46 PM

Not a good qB

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - dahbeed - 03-01-2019 01:31 PM

(03-01-2019 12:46 PM)Lizard Breath Wrote:  Not a good qB

I’ve never watched him play a down. I will accept that our head coach who I do like thinks he can produce here. He has more riding on it than I do.

From the folks that seem to know a lot about him they describe him being in a system ill suited for his strengths. I watched that happen here for the last two years with our squirreldick coach tryna make RPO RPO RPO qbs out of dropback passers so I understand what these folks are describing.

Many people but mostly Middle fans said Mike White sucked because of his numbers at USF and would never be able to replace Brandon Doughty. As usual (Middle fans) they were wrong. They’re used to that though.

Hell, Mike White might have been better than Brandon to be honest.

A whole lot of it for any player is fit. Square peg, round hole. Not bueno. Square peg, square hole. Bueno.

I like Duncan. At worst this guy pushes him. And maybe Duncan pushes this guy. At the end of the day I’m just thrilled to not have Squirreldick Jr as our head coach. I’ll let Helton make the QB decisions.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - DogsWin1 - 03-02-2019 09:25 AM

Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - HogDawg - 03-03-2019 11:08 AM

(03-02-2019 09:25 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.

LOL! 03-lmfao

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - Franko - 03-03-2019 11:19 AM

(03-02-2019 09:25 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.
That was Cole Kelley, they played 3 QB's against North Texas and Storey was not one of them.

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - HogDawg - 03-03-2019 12:11 PM

(03-03-2019 11:19 AM)Franko Wrote:  
That was Cole Kelley, they played 3 QB's against North Texas and Storey was not one of them.

I'm not so sure that's a good sign either. If Storey was only 4th on THAT QB depth chart, it's not a good sign. 07-coffee3

RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school - BlueRaiderBoy - 03-03-2019 12:45 PM

Since this is the speculation and fantasy page; how about this? Former "scrambling" MT QB star Joe Craddock, now Offensive Coordinator at Arkansas, decided to dump the Arky QB and "persuaded" the "non-scrambling" "immobile" QB, (who was not going to start for the Razorbacks anyway) to transfer to MT's arch enemy 03-nutkick so we can sack the dude frequently in the next chapter of "100 miles of Hate". 03-lmfao