CSNbbs
Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. (/thread-870784.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Noodles - 02-18-2019 09:05 PM

03-nutkick

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Fort Bend Owl - 02-18-2019 09:36 PM

Um, I think that was Ole Miss. Sorry to burst your bubble. I do think ODU should get some votes, but they deserve them ahead of y'all.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - va-eagle - 02-18-2019 09:40 PM

(02-18-2019 09:36 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Um, I think that was Ole Miss. Sorry to burst your bubble. I do think ODU should get some votes, but they deserve them ahead of y'all.

OP is correct...

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Noodles - 02-18-2019 09:41 PM

Sorry, but we got a vote. Ole Miss and Miss St. also got votes. We are #36. Official.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - eaglenjxn - 02-18-2019 10:11 PM

After looking under the list of voters, I’ve got a theory about where that vote might have come from.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Fort Bend Owl - 02-18-2019 10:22 PM

Put this in the other thread too but I should apologize here as well.

Oh sorry, Ole Miss had one vote in the AP poll so I thought that's what you were referring to.

Now in looking at that, I see UNT has 9 votes. How do both of those teams get votes over ODU?

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Monarchist13 - 02-18-2019 10:30 PM

And I'm sure Doc Sadler being a voter is just a coincidence.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - cmett003 - 02-18-2019 10:36 PM

NT got more votes than they did last week after losing 3 in a row and not finishing in the top pod. You think coaches are looking at what’s going on in C-USA, think again. Coaches poll is a joke and so is C-USA

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Noodles - 02-18-2019 10:49 PM

I agree.
But it's fun anyway.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - va-eagle - 02-19-2019 08:21 AM

(02-18-2019 10:36 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  NT got more votes than they did last week after losing 3 in a row and not finishing in the top pod. You think coaches are looking at what’s going on in C-USA, think again. Coaches poll is a joke and so is C-USA

Every poll is a joke. Either biased toward specific teams or doesn't pay attention to specific conferences. In any case, getting any sort of recognition is not a negative, but a positive.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - WKUFan518 - 02-19-2019 08:31 AM

North Texas getting 9 votes in poll just shows what a joke of a poll USA Today Coaches is. Probably some coaches who don't want to mess with it and submit same over and over or their secretary is doing it for them and just checking teams off and submitting them...

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - nastybunch - 02-19-2019 08:36 AM

Sooooooo...It’s a joke when your team is not getting votes, and is wonderful when you are getting votes. Got cha...Carry on!

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - BlueRaiderBoy - 02-19-2019 08:38 AM

Happy as a pig in slop that both North Texas and Southern Miss have votes "for" this week's USA Today Top 25 . Now, what we really need is for one or both to actually get "in" to the Top 25. Go Mean Green. Go Golden Eagles.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - ODUBB35 - 02-19-2019 08:45 AM

ODU has done pretty well against Top 25 teams this year in both sports. Go USM!!! Crack that ceiling before your trip to Norfolk.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - odu09 - 02-19-2019 09:13 AM

(02-19-2019 08:31 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  North Texas getting 9 votes in poll just shows what a joke of a poll USA Today Coaches is. Probably some coaches who don't want to mess with it and submit same over and over or their secretary is doing it for them and just checking teams off and submitting them...

It's this, but grad assistants instead of a secretary. Not kidding.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - odu09 - 02-19-2019 09:29 AM

(02-19-2019 08:36 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Sooooooo...It’s a joke when your team is not getting votes, and is wonderful when you are getting votes. Got cha...Carry on!

You should be very happy USM got a vote. ODU does not deserve votes. Neither does anyone else in this conference. But, you should be proud.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - Volkmar - 02-19-2019 09:45 AM

Whether it's coaches, their secretaries, graduate assistants, or their daughters voting in the poll, it's still good to see a C-USA representative in there. Every little bit helps. USM has won 6 straight and seem to be peaking at the right time.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - eaglebeaver - 02-19-2019 10:38 AM

USM has done pretty well against Top 25 teams it's entire history in basketball, football, baseball, women's basketball, women's softball, track and field, golf, tiddleywinks etc.. Go USM!!! In fact, more Top 25 wins than all teams in C-USA combined. Sorry...
[/quote]

Fixed 04-cheers

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - mturn017 - 02-19-2019 10:40 AM

Congrats USM & NT. Certainly can’t hurt the conference perception but in reality we don’t have a team that’s even close to being in the top 25 by any objective measure. I think we have several that could beat a top 25 team on a given night but nobody’s record is evident of earning that ranking.

RE: Someone gave USM a vote in the USA Today basketball poll this week. - mturn017 - 02-19-2019 11:19 AM

(02-19-2019 10:38 AM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  USM has done pretty well against Top 25 teams it's entire history in basketball, football, baseball, women's basketball, women's softball, track and field, golf, tiddleywinks etc.. Go USM!!! In fact, more Top 25 wins than all teams in C-USA combined. Sorry...

Fixed 04-cheers
[/quote]

I'm calling bull****.

Definitely bull**** if you calculate it as top 25 wins per year.