CSNbbs
If Chappy ran college football... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: If Chappy ran college football... (/thread-865588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 01:51 PM

...we'd still have LSU vs UCF, but it'd be in Orlando.

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1
Seedings determined by Massey Composite since there's no BCS anymore

16 Northern Illinois MAC Champs
1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

13 Fresno State MWC Champs
4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

14 Appalachian State SBC Champs
3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 02:30 PM

(12-05-2018 01:51 PM)Chappy Wrote:  ...we'd still have LSU vs UCF, but it'd be in Orlando.

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1

1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

No problem with the teams. But I think you should have to win your conference or be a top 8 independent team to host.

So flip the higher seed non champion to the vistor and good to go.

Michigan at Washington

Georgia at App st.

Want a home play off game, win your conference.

Opens a path for BYU or Army to host a game, although it would probably never happen for them.

Edit: IF forever got a say.

No more than three teams from one conference, so flip out Florida for Wazzu. If you're the fourth team you've had your chance in conference.

A top 15 finish is an autobid for independents. Army and ND historically deserve a path, the others ride their coat tails to one too.

Teams get home game revenue and shares are given out like the bball tourney. The regular season would be a huge pay off difference in the home game. The shares and access would level the playing field and give us a true national champion.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 02:37 PM

I like that suggestion...

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 02:47 PM

(12-05-2018 02:37 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I like that suggestion...

I edited three other tweaks 03-lmfao

Now i think its damn near perfect.

Cherry on top each of the top 8 seeds is assigned to a ny6 site for the quarter finals.

Alabama and UCF Sugar
Clemson and Michigan Peach
Winner to Orange

Georgia and Oklahoma Fiesta
Notre Dame Ohio St
Winners to Cotton

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - KNIGHTTIME - 12-05-2018 02:50 PM

Take the top 8 based on a computer rankings completely removing corruption. First round is at the college sites of the highest ranked teams. Being a conference champs means little. I mean NIU getting a playoff date? UAB?

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 03:04 PM

(12-05-2018 02:50 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Take the top 8 based on a computer rankings completely removing corruption. First round is at the college sites of the highest ranked teams. Being a conference champs means little. I mean NIU getting a playoff date? UAB?

It means no one can say they didnt have a chance.

The reason no one argues about who the national champion is in basketball is every school gets a shot through every conferences auto bid.

If you can't win your conference how can you claim you are the national champion? In a equally matched setting another team proved they were better.

Giving some at larges and every conference an auto bid is really the only way to settle it.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 03:10 PM

(12-05-2018 02:50 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Take the top 8 based on a computer rankings completely removing corruption. First round is at the college sites of the highest ranked teams. Being a conference champs means little. I mean NIU getting a playoff date? UAB?

In this scenario, I control college football, and I want all FBS conference champions represented. It will take back some of the recruiting advantage major conferences have.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - sfink16 - 12-05-2018 03:21 PM

(12-05-2018 02:30 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 01:51 PM)Chappy Wrote:  ...we'd still have LSU vs UCF, but it'd be in Orlando.

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1

1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

No problem with the teams. But I think you should have to win your conference or be a top 8 independent team to host.

Michigan at Washington

Georgia at App st.

Opens a path for BYU or Army to host a game, although it would probably never happen for them.

No more than three teams from one conference, so flip out Florida for Wazzu. If you're the fourth team you've had your chance in conference.

A top 15 finish is an autobid for independents. Army and ND historically deserve a path, the others ride their coat tails to one too.

Teams get home game revenue and shares are given out like the bball tourney. The regular season would be a huge pay off difference in the home game. The shares and access would level the playing field and give us a true national champion.

LOL Georgia at Appy State! Of course Georgia will leave the confines of their 92K+ stadium to travel to Appy's 30K stadium. Of course the networks, ESPN,etc, will be fighting of the rights to carrying that game of the century viewership. Where do they sign up?

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 03:58 PM

(12-05-2018 03:21 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1

1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

Michigan at Washington

Georgia at App st.

LOL Georgia at Appy State! Of course Georgia will leave the confines of their 92K+ stadium to travel to Appy's 30K stadium. Of course the networks, ESPN,etc, will be fighting of the rights to carrying that game of the century viewership. Where do they sign up?

Lol you realize that is exactly how it works in the basketball tournament. Oh you had a good season UNC, but Duke was better this year. Duke plays in greensboro and UNC in Phoenix.

Pretty sure a ton of people would tune in to watch a once in a lifetime experience of a mighty sec team having to play on the road ooc. I assume a historical marker will be raised commemorating the day the mighty sec team had to lower itself to a road game to prove it deserves a national championship after not winning its conference. Horrible I know.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - SuperFlyBCat - 12-05-2018 04:21 PM

(12-05-2018 03:10 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

In this scenario, I control college football, and I want all FBS conference champions represented. It will take back some of the recruiting advantage major conferences have.
Your model is certainly NFLish. I recall an 12-4 Colts wildcard team playing at 8-8 AFC West Champ Chargers. If there is more than a 2 game win spread the wildcard team should be hosting.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - sfink16 - 12-05-2018 04:22 PM

(12-05-2018 03:58 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  Lol you realize that is exactly how it works in the basketball tournament. Oh you had a good season UNC, but Duke was better this year. Duke plays in greensboro and UNC in Phoenix.

Pretty sure a ton of people would tune in to watch a once in a lifetime experience of a mighty sec team having to play on the road ooc. I assume a historical marker will be raised commemorating the day the mighty sec team had to lower itself to a road game to prove it deserves a national championship after not winning its conference. Horrible I know.

Luckily you're not a decision maker for ESPN because you'd be out of a job pretty quickly, especially if it went through and they get a .2 rating. No network would show that game. You really think Georgia is ever going to play at Appy State? You live on fantasy Island don't you? Oh, there goes "A plane, a plane".

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - TexanMark - 12-05-2018 04:23 PM

Most of America would have no desire to watch NIU play Alabama or similar match-ups

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 05:06 PM

(12-05-2018 04:23 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Most of America would have no desire to watch NIU play Alabama or similar match-ups

And yet 10 million people tuned in to watch Michigan play Loyola-Chicago in basketball last spring.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 05:08 PM

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1

1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

Michigan at Washington

Georgia at App st.

If they want to be in the playoffs, they'll go where I tell them!!!!

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Chappy - 12-05-2018 05:11 PM

(12-05-2018 05:06 PM)Chappy Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 04:23 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Most of America would have no desire to watch NIU play Alabama or similar match-ups

And yet 10 million people tuned in to watch Michigan play Loyola-Chicago in basketball last spring.

Haha, that was just a guess and I was pretty close.

Show - Network - Time - Total viewers (000s) - 18-49 rating
NCAA FINAL FOUR – KANSAS/VILLANOVA - TBS - 8:45 PM - 10,695 - 3.3
NCAA FINAL FOUR – LOYOLA-ILL./MICHIGAN - TBS - 5:55 PM - 10,746 - 3.0

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 05:14 PM

(12-05-2018 05:08 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1

1 Alabama SEC Champs
Tuscaloosa, AL

9 LSU At Large
8 UCF AAC Champs
Orlando, FL

12 Florida At Large
5 Ohio State B1G Champs
Columbus, OH

4 Notre Dame At Large
South Bend, IN

3 Georgia At Large
Athens, GA

11 Penn State At Large
6 Oklahoma B12 Champs
Norman, OK

10 Washington PAC Champs
7 Michigan At Large
Ann Arbor, MI

15 UAB CUSA Champs
2 Clemson ACC Champs
Clemson, SC

Michigan at Washington

Georgia at App st.

If they want to be in the playoffs, they'll go where I tell them!!!!

So people watch the games based on stadium location and not games. Check.

Americans not a fan of the underdog/Cinderella. Check.

Americans dont believe in fairness and equality. Check.

No way people would watch actual national championship tournament. Check.

FBS is different, SEC is clearly the best no reason to actually play the games. Check.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - vick mike - 12-05-2018 05:15 PM

(12-05-2018 03:04 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

The reason no one argues about who the national champion is in basketball is every school gets a shot through every conferences auto bid.

If you can't win your conference how can you claim you are the national champion? In a equally matched setting another team proved they were better.

Giving some at larges and every conference an auto bid is really the only way to settle it.
100% agree. Though I would have all 10 FBS champs in. Yes, this years CUSA Champ might be an outlier but after a few years of being a potential contender all boats will rise.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - Foreverandever - 12-05-2018 05:21 PM

(12-05-2018 05:15 PM)vick mike Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 03:04 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

100% agree. Though I would have all 10 FBS champs in.

I didnt make it clear but all ten should get an auto any top 15 independent should too for 16 teams, or top 12 if only two at larges with a twelve team tourney.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - vick mike - 12-05-2018 05:21 PM

There you go.

RE: If Chappy ran college football... - TexanMark - 12-05-2018 06:24 PM

Nice try...but that was a team who was a true Cinderella and that had a buildup of hype as they worked their improbable run to the F4. BB can afford to invite outliers as they invite 68 teams.

NIU this year is a decent MAC team that would lose by 35+ pts and take away a spot from a more deserving team. I'm not saying a MAC can't get invited but they better be considered a Top 20-25 program by the committee.