CSNbbs
****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** (/thread-845981.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - thespiritof1976 - 03-17-2018 11:50 PM

I will carry a pitch of kerosene through hell to support the last remaining AAC team in the tournament.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - GeminiCoog - 03-18-2018 12:09 AM

Go Bearcats!

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - BigHouston - 03-18-2018 12:28 AM

Yes... Go Bearcats!!!

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - shocker3 - 03-18-2018 12:52 AM

Go UC!

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - BullsBEAST - 03-18-2018 01:38 AM

Absolutely massive opportunity for Cincy.

Nevada and loyola to make the elite 8. This is a rare opportunity. Really hope they can pull this off.

Then one of Kentucky, umbc, or ksu for final 4. It's layed out perfectly.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - BcatMatt13 - 03-18-2018 07:21 AM

(03-18-2018 01:38 AM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  Absolutely massive opportunity for Cincy.

Nevada and loyola to make the elite 8. This is a rare opportunity. Really hope they can pull this off.

Then one of Kentucky, umbc, or ksu for final 4. It's layed out perfectly.

Yes, it is. Hopefully they respond.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - BrooklynRocket - 03-18-2018 07:25 AM

I haven't watched Nevada at all this season (missed the Texas game), but for those who have, how comparable would you say they are to Wichita State?

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - Tiger1983 - 03-18-2018 07:27 AM

Search and destroy, Cincy!

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - HuskyU - 03-18-2018 07:32 AM

[Image: this-concerns-me-enormously-carry-on-go-...t-work.jpg]

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - BugsyCT - 03-18-2018 08:04 AM

Good luck today Cincy!04-cheers

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - bearcatmark - 03-18-2018 08:30 AM

Nevada is the only 7 seed that is also a top 25 kenpom team. This will be a real test. They aren't big, but everyone is long and they all can create for others / make shots. They were tracking towards a top 4 protected seed before a couple late slip ups. The Bracket in front of UC is wide open, but Nevada really is as good a 7 seed as you will expect to play in this tournament. The other 7 seeds are 29, 41 and 51 kenpom. I think UC defense will frustrate Nevada because of its versatility and UC wins by 10+, but real test today.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - rath v2.0 - 03-18-2018 08:40 AM

This one has me worried. It’s the type of matchup UC struggles with historically. Really wanted Texas instead.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - bearcatlawjd2 - 03-18-2018 08:44 AM

I think both Texas and Nevada would have created different problems. Texas would have frustrated our two bigs and forced UC to make outside shots, while Nevada will put pressure on UC's defense to slow them down.

If UC was playing Texas today the game would have come down to the last few minutes while today's game as the potential to have greater chance of team winning by double digits.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - rath v2.0 - 03-18-2018 08:47 AM

UC would have bludgeoned Texas. What they did ok we do very well.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - bearcatmark - 03-18-2018 08:48 AM

(03-18-2018 08:44 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  I think both Texas and Nevada would have created different problems. Texas would have frustrated our two bigs and forced UC to make outside shots, while Nevada will put pressure on UC's defense to slow them down.

If UC was playing Texas today the game would have come down to the last few minutes while today's game as the potential to have greater chance of team winning by double digits.

Maybe. I just don't see how Texas would have scored on UC and I think we could have pulled Bamba away from the basket with Gary/Kyle and opened things up inside more than you think. It doesn't matter now, but I'd have much rather played Texas.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - J Coog - 03-18-2018 09:02 AM

They are Houston on offense, Houston Lite on D.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - dj3600 - 03-18-2018 09:08 AM

As long as at least two of Jacob, Cane, and Jarron are hitting shots we should be ok but if only one of them are it will be a long game. Hopefully Jacob will come out of his slump and have a big game. GoBearcats

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - Bearcats#1 - 03-18-2018 09:10 AM

Rather have played Texas for same reasons other Bearcat fans have stated above but doesn't matter now. Nevada is a really good team, but we are a great team. They are KP top 25, we are KP top 10. We are the 2 they are the 7 (edit). No excuses. UC should win this game but expect a tight one. We have won some tight ones in tough atmospheres so we are prepared.

My hope is UC with rebounding and depth keeps it close in the first half and weathers Nevada's scoring/shooting/3ptshots). UC defense beats on them and by midway through the second half through either their legs being gone or foul trouble or both, we grind them down and then pull away in the final 10 minutes to win by 8 or so.

What I'd really like is a UC blowout from the get-go and not have to worry about my blood pressure but that's probably too much to ask.

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - bearcatmark - 03-18-2018 09:15 AM

They are the 7 not the 10

RE: ****Official Nevada (boo!) vs. Cincinnati (yay!) game thread**** - Bearcats#1 - 03-18-2018 09:17 AM

(03-18-2018 09:15 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  They are the 7 not the 10

Fixed