CSNbbs
Bearcats Takeover Nashville - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Bearcats Takeover Nashville (/thread-845278.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bearcats Takeover Nashville - dubcat14 - 03-11-2018 06:42 PM

Is anyone struggling to put in a request for tickets to Nashville? They said the request was open through today and I'm a UCATS member and football and basketball season ticket holder.

Was the deadline actually yesterday? The email says "The deadline to request tickets for the 1st and 2nd rounds is Sunday, March 11th."

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - TheShoeFits - 03-11-2018 06:57 PM

What arena are they playing in?

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - gerhard911 - 03-11-2018 07:01 PM

I ordered a while back and it wasn't very intuitive. Once logged into your account, click on "Manage My Account" (upper right corner). Then you should see an option to Request NCAA tix.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - rosewater - 03-11-2018 07:08 PM

(03-11-2018 06:57 PM)TheShoeFits Wrote:  What arena are they playing in?

bridgestone I believe.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - BearcatMan - 03-11-2018 07:13 PM

Just buy from the secondary markets. Last time we were in Nashville I was 7 rows behind the home bench for all three strips (6 games) for $195. Tennessee and Kentucky not being in Nashville means there will be a ton on the secondary market soon.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - doss2 - 03-11-2018 07:21 PM

One common opponent GAS beat Tulane by 11 we won by 29

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - mptnstr@44 - 03-11-2018 07:24 PM

Just bought two 100 level seats on Scorebig for session 1 of the first and second round. $111 each.
Service fees sucked.

Scorebig, TicketsNow, Stubhub all have tickets. If you go through Scorebig use the code scorenow to save 10%.

Buying through UC will be tough since demand is high.
Probably have to be decently high in UCats to get tix in the UC block.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - UCGrad1992 - 03-11-2018 08:06 PM

CBS Sports live bracket shows 2 PM game time.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - Tymanh99 - 03-11-2018 08:31 PM

(03-11-2018 07:24 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  Just bought two 100 level seats on Scorebig for session 1 of the first and second round. $111 each.
Service fees sucked.

Scorebig, TicketsNow, Stubhub all have tickets. If you go through Scorebig use the code scorenow to save 10%.

Buying through UC will be tough since demand is high.
Probably have to be decently high in UCats to get tix in the UC block.

We snagged a pair on StubHub a little bit ago for Session 1. Will probably buy local before Sunday's game.

Stoked!!! Go Cats!

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - The Big O - 03-11-2018 08:44 PM

I was pumped to go with some friends of mine via student tickets, but we're not even eligible since we didn't go to enough games, or use the ruckus app (which doesn't even work for me). I think regular tickets are going to be out of our price range. On the bright side, I guess I will save some money. 07-coffee3

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - mptnstr@44 - 03-11-2018 08:52 PM

(03-11-2018 08:44 PM)The Big O Wrote:  I was pumped to go with some friends of mine via student tickets, but we're not even eligible since we didn't go to enough games, or use the ruckus app (which doesn't even work for me). I think regular tickets are going to be out of our price range. On the bright side, I guess I will save some money. 07-coffee3

Track the secondary market through this week — stubhub, ticketsnow, scorebig, seatgeek, etc. as we draw closer to friday and sellers may discount their tickets to try and get something for them if the demand isn't there. You'd have to make your game plans on the fly a bit not getting tickets until later in the week but you might save some $.

You can sometimes find tickets on ebay but I'm a bit suspicious of getting counterfits going that route.

Or roll the dice and drive down on friday morning and see if you can catch someone selling extras or a scalper unloading leftover tix near gametime.

If you want to go to Round 2, fans of teams that lose in round one will usually fire sale their tickets for round two.

UC sometimes puts together student bus trips to the tourney that may include a ticket. Watch your UC student email to see if hey do this and if they do jump on it.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - The Big O - 03-11-2018 09:04 PM

(03-11-2018 08:52 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 08:44 PM)The Big O Wrote:  I was pumped to go with some friends of mine via student tickets, but we're not even eligible since we didn't go to enough games, or use the ruckus app (which doesn't even work for me). I think regular tickets are going to be out of our price range. On the bright side, I guess I will save some money. 07-coffee3

Track the secondary market through this week — stubhub, ticketsnow, scorebig, seatgeek, etc. as we draw closer to friday and sellers may discount their tickets to try and get something for them if the demand isn't there. You'd have to make your game plans on the fly a bit not getting tickets until later in the week but you might save some $.

You can sometimes find tickets on ebay but I'm a bit suspicious of getting counterfits going that route.

Or roll the dice and drive down on friday morning and see if you can catch someone selling extras or a scalper unloading leftover tix near gametime.

If you want to go to Round 2, fans of teams that lose in round one will usually fire sale their tickets for round two.

UC sometimes puts together student bus trips to the tourney that may include a ticket. Watch your UC student email to see if hey do this and if they do jump on it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be on the lookout for sure. The biggest disappointment is that the student ticket includes travel and hotel costs for $50. Taking a quick look at hotel prices, we'd have to stay in the equivalent of Mason to get a hotel room for less than $200. You're right though that prices may go down if demand isn't there.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - mptnstr@44 - 03-11-2018 09:10 PM

(03-11-2018 09:04 PM)The Big O Wrote:  

Thanks for the tips, I'll be on the lookout for sure. The biggest disappointment is that the student ticket includes travel and hotel costs for $50. Taking a quick look at hotel prices, we'd have to stay in the equivalent of Mason to get a hotel room for less than $200. You're right though that prices may go down if demand isn't there.

Try homeaway, airbnb, vrbo to see if there are non-hotel rentals. There was lodging on vrbo for 3/16 and 3/17 that would sleep four for $100 a night.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - Doc Brock - 03-11-2018 11:55 PM

(03-11-2018 09:10 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 09:04 PM)The Big O Wrote:  

Try homeaway, airbnb, vrbo to see if there are non-hotel rentals. There was lodging on vrbo for 3/16 and 3/17 that would sleep four for $100 a night.

AirBnB is a good option in Nashville. Hotels by airport can be good deals and transportation is reasonable.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - bearcatseminole - 03-12-2018 12:47 AM

Not trying to put the cart before the horse, but if we make it to the second round- getting tickets for that game is much easier. Last time we were in Nashville for the NCAA (2012), we hung out at watch parties for the first round and then bought tickets for game 2 from people who were heading out of town since their team got knocked off in game 1.

It was a lot of fun - I highly recommend the trip if you can make it! If prices are too high directly in the city, there are plenty of options nearby. East Nashville has some reasonable AirBnb options for groups of folks going down.

Good luck and Go Bearcats!04-rock

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - marcuscan - 03-12-2018 07:00 AM

(03-11-2018 07:13 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Just buy from the secondary markets. Last time we were in Nashville I was 7 rows behind the home bench for all three strips (6 games) for $195. Tennessee and Kentucky not being in Nashville means there will be a ton on the secondary market soon.

Co-sign on this.

Secondary markets are the way to go. Preferably wait as long as you can. Just factor in that you're going, but make the ticket purchase the last thing you do after you're in town.

I do it all the time down here in ATL for all the various sporting events that pass through town. I hope to do it this year for the Bearcats if we make it that far.

mc

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - BearcatMan - 03-12-2018 07:40 AM

(03-12-2018 07:00 AM)marcuscan Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 07:13 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Just buy from the secondary markets. Last time we were in Nashville I was 7 rows behind the home bench for all three strips (6 games) for $195. Tennessee and Kentucky not being in Nashville means there will be a ton on the secondary market soon.

Co-sign on this.

Secondary markets are the way to go. Preferably wait as long as you can. Just factor in that you're going, but make the ticket purchase the last thing you do after you're in town.

I do it all the time down here in ATL for all the various sporting events that pass through town. I hope to do it this year for the Bearcats if we make it that far.

mc

Yep...I bought mine on Wednesday last time we were in Nashville and got a great deal. People will start getting desperate, especially now, because I'm guessing quite a few Auburn/Tennessee/Kentucky fans bought in Nashville hoping they'd be there.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - TheShoeFits - 03-12-2018 08:02 AM

Check hotels outside of Nashville. We snagged one 20 minutes outside Nashville for under $100 for Friday and Saturday night.

Does anybody have any information regarding parking? Do I need a parking pass or can I pay to park at the arena?

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - BearcatMan - 03-12-2018 08:16 AM

(03-12-2018 08:02 AM)TheShoeFits Wrote:  Check hotels outside of Nashville. We snagged one 20 minutes outside Nashville for under $100 for Friday and Saturday night.

Does anybody have any information regarding parking? Do I need a parking pass or can I pay to park at the arena?

Honestly, there was a Hampton right across the park area that was incredibly affordable...I just stayed there and got a warm breakfast every morning to boot. Parking was intense from what I remember friends saying, luckily they had a garage that made things easy for me.

RE: Bearcats Takeover Nashville - bearcatmark - 03-12-2018 09:17 AM

Baby dues March 23... wife is firmly against going to Nashville. We'd even have a place to stay in the Gulch because my best friend lives there. The only disappointing thing about this season is that it is completely unreasonable for me to head to Nashville. Any other year.