CSNbbs
national spotlight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: national spotlight (/thread-84302.html)

- eagleriffic - 10-26-2004 01:10 PM

When I saw UTEP ranked in the BCS this week & UAB last week it kinda bothered me. We have this whole list of accomplishments & yet we are ignored.

While this bothers me, at the same time it doesn't. We have a coach that is one of the most tenured coaching in D1A & closing in on 100 wins. We have 4 CUSA titles, 10 strait winning seasons & 6 bowls in 7 years. We graduate 79% of our players. There are people out there who would kill to have what we have.

Is it better to be just outside the top 25 & continue to win or have a year here & there that puts us in the top 25 with not much in between?

- prettyricky - 10-26-2004 03:20 PM

Those BCS rankings were not a slight on your program, it was the computers that kept you out.

UAB playing Florida St. looked good to computers (which I thinkstill use strength of schedule), likewise UTEP playing Arizona St. and Boise St. looked good ...

If Alabama continues to have a decent year and once you play UAB, Memphis, and Cal ... Southern Miss will look much better to the computers. Who could have predicted Nebraska would be this bad :frown:

- BigBigCat - 10-26-2004 04:52 PM

I wonder how much of this "six pack" business is like the Bottom 10; a sham. Highlight a couple of new teams a week so everybody is happy. Don't worry about actually ranking the teams based on quality.