CSNbbs
My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss (/thread-842856.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - mapdude - 02-14-2018 07:50 PM

After 12 years he came to a reality check. He finally realized that he was not going to ever recruit to that place and be the successful coach he wanted to be. Better to cut his losses and move on. He gave up on Ole Miss, not the other way around.

Why?

Cause he knows that Tubby is captain of a leaking dingy and will be gone soon. Don't be surprised to see him maneuver himself for consideration when the job eventually opens up. I think, in the right situation he could build a really successful program. So he will take some time, recharge, and come out swinging when the time is right.

Not sure if he would be my choice to replace the Tubster, but it might work...

Discuss.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Tigergary - 02-14-2018 07:58 PM

It took him 12 years to realize? I don't get the infatuation about Kennedy by some people.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Tigers2B1 - 02-14-2018 08:01 PM

Ole Miss is investing in basketball now. With those investments they think they can do better that Kennedy IMO. I think it is what it seems. They let him go.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - truest blue tiger - 02-14-2018 08:03 PM

I really believe that had he not had the incident with the cab driver that he would have been Coach Cal's replacement instead of Coach Pastner. I believe he cost himself by those moments of bad judgement.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - AlonsoWDC - 02-14-2018 08:06 PM

He's not The Guy.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - jamammy - 02-14-2018 08:48 PM

Kennedy is a goof.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Shooters - 02-14-2018 08:50 PM

(02-14-2018 07:50 PM)mapdude Wrote:  After 12 years he came to a reality check. He finally realized that he was not going to ever recruit to that place and be the successful coach he wanted to be. Better to cut his losses and move on. He gave up on Ole Miss, not the other way around.

Why?

Cause he knows that Tubby is captain of a leaking dingy and will be gone soon. Don't be surprised to see him maneuver himself for consideration when the job eventually opens up. I think, in the right situation he could build a really successful program. So he will take some time, recharge, and come out swinging when the time is right.

Discuss.

Just because DeCourcey pushes him at every job that opens (ours isn't) doesn't mean jack; He will NOT be a head coach at memphis

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - stratecashomie - 02-14-2018 08:51 PM

Great. We replace one 20-10 guy with another 20-10 guy.

No thanks

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - snowtiger - 02-14-2018 08:54 PM

(02-14-2018 08:48 PM)jamammy Wrote:  Kennedy is a goof.

Is he a disciple of the Mindtard Goof?

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - holyterror - 02-14-2018 08:54 PM

If Kennedy was the answer for anyone, he’d have left/been poached long ago.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - hsvtiger - 02-14-2018 09:01 PM

(02-14-2018 08:03 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I really believe that had he not had the incident with the cab driver that he would have been Coach Cal's replacement instead of Coach Pastner. I believe he cost himself by those moments of bad judgement.

If he didnt have the cab driver incident, he might still be at Cincy. He definitely wouldnt have been at Ole Miss for us to consider as Cal’s replacement.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - jamammy - 02-14-2018 09:06 PM

(02-14-2018 08:54 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 08:48 PM)jamammy Wrote:  Kennedy is a goof.

Is he a disciple of the Mindtard Goof?

No, but his endorsement removed any doubts.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Cotten - 02-14-2018 09:07 PM

(02-14-2018 07:50 PM)mapdude Wrote:  After 12 years he came to a reality check. He finally realized that he was not going to ever recruit to that place and be the successful coach he wanted to be. Better to cut his losses and move on. He gave up on Ole Miss, not the other way around.

Why?

Discuss.

The story I've been told is that the Miss admin wouldn't pay his best recruiting assistants competitive salaries so he lost them (and the players they were attached to) to rival programs.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - MemphisTigerPawr - 02-14-2018 09:22 PM

Andy Kennedy doesn't seem like the type of coach we need. We need someone with some charisma to sell this program and bring back some excitement (and recruits) to Tiger basketball.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - uofmcamaro - 02-14-2018 10:32 PM

He decided to reveal that he’s the cash cab guy and keep that gig going.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - jsw3ent - 02-14-2018 10:56 PM

No thanks.

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - fsquid - 02-14-2018 11:05 PM

Kennedy never had a breakout year to parlay into a bigger gig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - MTigerBlue - 02-14-2018 11:10 PM

(02-14-2018 07:50 PM)mapdude Wrote:  Cause he knows that Tubby is captain of a leaking dingy and will be gone soon. Don't be surprised to see him maneuver himself for consideration when the job eventually opens up.

So, that's 'Tone, Penny, and now Andy? Anybody else we know maneuvering for starting gate position?

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - Cotten - 02-14-2018 11:23 PM

(02-14-2018 11:10 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 07:50 PM)mapdude Wrote:  Cause he knows that Tubby is captain of a leaking dingy and will be gone soon. Don't be surprised to see him maneuver himself for consideration when the job eventually opens up.

So, that's 'Tone, Penny, and now Andy? Anybody else we know maneuvering for starting gate position?

How about Musselman at Nevada

RE: My thoughts on Kennedy at Ole Miss - MTigerBlue - 02-14-2018 11:30 PM

(02-14-2018 11:23 PM)Cotten Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 11:10 PM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  

How about Musselman at Nevada

How's he handling it? Twitter attacks, leaks through his trainer, or CSNBBS plants? Those seem to be the favorites so far.