CSNbbs
Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming (/thread-842680.html)

Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - ODU BLUE - 02-13-2018 05:30 AM

President Donald Trump’s 2019 budget aims to bring brutal changes to the federal civilian workforce, and it could spell trouble for some employees who do not measure up.

Public sector pay and benefits which can be up to 47% higher than the private sector will be cut.

To put it simply, Trump’s plan seeks to “hire the best and fire the worst,” USA Today reported.

https://conservativetribune.com/trump-changes-govt-worker-pay/

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - ODU BLUE - 02-13-2018 05:31 AM

Welcome to the real world! This administration favors the private sector!

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - bubbapt - 02-13-2018 05:42 AM

I could hear the ear-pierciing shrieks up in Georgetown when they read this.

Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - arkstfan - 02-13-2018 10:42 AM

When Clinton was president the Federal pay scale was so bad that jobs would get no qualified applicants.
The pay scale was adjusted to be 75% of private sector before benefits.
Since then there has been no annual increase as high as inflation some years no increase at all.
Despite not keeping pace with inflation a Federal employee with high school education or less now earns more than private sector. With few exceptions those with bachelors degrees earn more than private sector. Jobs requiring a masters are about on par. Jobs requiring a terminal degree now are further behind the private sector than when the pay scale was adopted.

Just illustrates how the economy and job market has changed.
It is a struggle to hire qualified doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, chemists, and lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-13-2018 11:00 AM

Eff em and feed em fish heads with a sling shot, upside down in the corner. #getarealjob

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - bubbapt - 02-13-2018 12:07 PM

(02-13-2018 10:42 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  When Clinton was president the Federal pay scale was so bad that jobs would get no qualified applicants.
Since then there has been no annual increase as high as inflation some years no increase at all.
Despite not keeping pace with inflation a Federal employee with high school education or less now earns more than private sector. With few exceptions those with bachelors degrees earn more than private sector. Jobs requiring a masters are about on par. Jobs requiring a terminal degree now are further behind the private sector than when the pay scale was adopted.

It is a struggle to hire qualified doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, chemists, and lawyers.

My relative who was a federal employee retired in 1990 at 54 with a gold plated pension that is still paying out today. Don’t even try to tell some tale about federal benefits being bad at that time, or any time since the seventies.

Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - arkstfan - 02-13-2018 12:22 PM

(02-13-2018 12:07 PM)bubbapt Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 10:42 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  When Clinton was president the Federal pay scale was so bad that jobs would get no qualified applicants.

My relative who was a federal employee retired in 1990 at 54 with a gold plated pension that is still paying out today. Don’t even try to tell some tale about federal benefits being bad at that time, or any time since the seventies.

Pointless response. What job did they hold. How did the pay compare to private sector. Just doing his job and getting a pension oh my god how awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - bubbapt - 02-13-2018 12:32 PM

(02-13-2018 12:22 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 12:07 PM)bubbapt Wrote:  

Pointless response. What job did they hold. How did the pay compare to private sector. Just doing his job and getting a pension oh my god how awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They didn’t even have to pay into Social Security until the late 80s. Are you talking about working for the US government, or the post Soviet one?

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - ODU BLUE - 02-14-2018 09:53 AM

My buddy just retired from his managerial civil service job in Norfolk. On a HUGH pension I might add. He said it was almost impossible to manage certain employees under current rules. He also said there are 10's of 1000's with nothing other than a high school diploma making greater than $150,000.00 per year.

Us private sector grunts pay taxes to reward them royally.

Thanks to Trump, DC Bureaucrats Are About to Get a Huge Wake-Up Call

https://www.westernjournal.com/thanks-to-trump-dc-bureaucrats-are-about-to-get-a-huge-wake-up-call

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - Lord Stanley - 02-14-2018 10:18 AM

Fire the government workers not performing. Walmart and Subway are always, always hiring.

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - Owl 69/70/75 - 02-14-2018 10:27 AM

(02-14-2018 10:18 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Fire the government workers not performing. Walmart and Subway are always, always hiring.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to fire a civil service worker.

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - Lord Stanley - 02-14-2018 10:32 AM

(02-14-2018 10:27 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 10:18 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Fire the government workers not performing. Walmart and Subway are always, always hiring.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to fire a civil service worker.

So you're saying there is a chance?

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - Love and Honor - 02-17-2018 11:21 AM

(02-14-2018 10:32 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 10:27 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

So you're saying there is a chance?

If you tie upper management bonuses to how much money they save then maybe.

RE: Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay Coming - banker - 02-17-2018 11:35 AM

My parents retired to The Villages in Florida (look it up if you are not familiar). It was full of federal and state employees that retired in their early 50s and play golf for the next 35 years. Most could afford to keep their northern home for summers. These were not senior management level folks.