CSNbbs
CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... (/thread-842670.html)

CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - stc - 02-12-2018 09:14 PM

Are we going to talk about what our conference is allowing? This was not a technical. This is horrendous. Even by CUSA officiating standards. The conference reply is also concerning.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Louisiana-Tech-player-gets-technical-for-huge-dunk-115031069

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - notnow - 02-12-2018 09:37 PM

Agree, however, we don’t know if he was warned earlier about anything. The refs take their whole game perception with them. We only see a slice. Not enough to determine the quality of officiating for me.
Still don’t see it though.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Fort Bend Owl - 02-12-2018 10:56 PM

I agree that it seems to be an odd call and I didn't see any ridiculous taunting or anything like that. But I suspect as the previous poster said that something had happened earlier in the game. Plus La Tech was up by 23 and the game was over - I seriously doubt the officials would have made that call if the game was on the line.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Doots4Dawgs - 02-12-2018 11:12 PM

(02-12-2018 09:37 PM)notnow Wrote:  Agree, however, we don’t know if he was warned earlier about anything. The refs take their whole game perception with them. We only see a slice. Not enough to determine the quality of officiating for me.
Still don’t see it though.

There is nothing he did in on this dunk. You will see some players stare down their opponent after dunking, and all he did was glance at him as he turned to run up court. Furthermore, that official was past half court, all he could see was Boykins's back. He has absolutely no right to call anything on that player.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Dawgxas - 02-12-2018 11:19 PM

His first technical was a even worse call.

This ref doesn’t need to calling games, he is a retired Barney fife (cop) that still think he’s patrolling the neighbor. That kid looked at me wrong, I’m going to go hassle him...

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - stc - 02-12-2018 11:33 PM

The official that called the T was so far behind the play. No way he could see or hear him. Plus the announcers reaction was telling that the calls had been suspect all game. That kind of officiating hurts the game.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - ghostofclt - 02-13-2018 07:52 AM

clt says we need more bad calls. That play made PTI.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - ODUCoach - 02-13-2018 08:11 AM

(02-13-2018 07:52 AM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt says we need more bad calls. That play made PTI.

Judy told the refs to make ridiculous calls in order to get CUSA mentioned on ESPN. She figured that is the "television exposure" we've been bitching about and it might shut us up.

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Jack Bauer - 02-13-2018 10:04 AM

I've seen this ref for a while and he has always been terrible. The was a horrendous call. If the player was taunting the guy on the ground it would be different. The ref two feet from him didn't say a word about it. Wow

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - THUNDERStruck73 - 02-13-2018 10:37 AM

(02-12-2018 09:14 PM)stc Wrote:  Are we going to talk about what our conference is allowing? This was not a technical. This is horrendous. Even by CUSA officiating standards. The conference reply is also concerning.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Louisiana-Tech-player-gets-technical-for-huge-dunk-115031069
Good God.

Repost Police

RE: CUSA basketball officiating....no way that was a T.... - Rojogrande - 02-13-2018 11:17 AM

It's sad when we can recognize who the bad officials are before the game even begins. At the WKU game on Saturday there was an official that 5 minutes into the game, myself and the person next to me started talking about remembering him (good officials should be ones that are forgettable) and then we prognosticated that he would call a technical foul before the game was over. Well the 2nd half came along, Stansbury was arguing with an official about a no call on a Hollingsworth physical lay up, and the official we had talked about earlier T'd up Stansbury from the other end of the court. The official Stansbury was talking to wasn't the one who made the call...it was his cohort 50 feet away and the one I always recognize as a bad official when I see him. This doesn't include all of his horrendous calls both ways during the game.

Point is...officials like the guy in the OP and the one at the WKU game seem to try to make it all about them. It seems to me these guys want to be in the spotlight and relish in drawing the ire of the crowd. These guys, especially the one in the La Tech game, need to go through retraining or something before they can officiate another game.