CSNbbs
Rough on an old man - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Rough on an old man (/thread-841890.html)

Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 09:10 AM

Magazine is hosting both the junior district and the senior regional tournaments this year. That means four nights with 12 games for junior high (with a regular season senior game tucked in), and then 16 games in four nights for senior high two weeks later. (But we do eat well. The hospitality room is excellent.) By the time it is all over I am saying, "Come on, baseball!"

RE: Rough on an old man - mjs - 02-04-2018 09:51 AM

(02-04-2018 09:10 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Magazine is hosting both the junior district and the senior regional tournaments this year. That means four nights with 12 games for junior high (with a regular season senior game tucked in), and then 16 games in four nights for senior high two weeks later. (But we do eat well. The hospitality room is excellent.) By the time it is all over I am saying, "Come on, baseball!"

I have a feeling you "love" it. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 10:30 AM

It is a lot of fun, but when we host tournaments, it is exhausting.

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 10:39 AM

It is fun figuring out how to "spice up" the names of the players to call out when they score. Harder to do with one-syllable names. Magazine's two main scorers are Matt Smith (hard to do) and Randy Baumgartner (easy). Rrrrrrrandy Baaaaaaaumgartner!

Lots of fun to yell "bingo" when a player makes a three, or "Count it! One, two, threeeeeeee points!"

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 10:40 AM

But you can't spice up the calls for tournaments. All have to be the same, since in the tournaments we are working under the supervision of the AAA.

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 10:41 AM

I have always wondered how the Cal announcer handled the call for Bak Bak (that really is his name).

RE: Rough on an old man - mjs - 02-04-2018 11:07 AM

(02-04-2018 10:41 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I have always wondered how the Cal announcer handled the call for Bak Bak (that really is his name).

Too bad he wasn't an outfielder.

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-04-2018 01:42 PM

Ooh, that's good.

RE: Rough on an old man - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-09-2018 03:25 PM

Ten down, twenty to go.