CSNbbs
State of the Union TV ratings are just so-so - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: State of the Union TV ratings are just so-so (/thread-841571.html)

Pages: 1 2

State of the Union TV ratings are just so-so - Fort Bend Owl - 01-31-2018 04:45 PM

Trump drew about 44 million viewers, down from his first speech as President last year (47.7 million - but that wasn't a SOTU). Compared to Obama's first two speeches in 2009 and 2010, the numbers are also lower (52.4 million and 48 for Obama's 1st SOTU).

Now I'm sure Trump and his loyalists here will want to compare Trump's numbers to Obama's final SOTU. Obama's numbers - like most presidents - went down with each and every new SOTU. His final SOTU in 2016 drew only 31.3 million. Trump's numbers are probably also going to be lower with each new SOTU - barring a war (Bush holds the recent record with 60-million plus viewers in 2003).

He may also claim that more people are watching it online but that's true with just about every show these days - which includes the NFL ratings he loves to make fun of.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - UofMstateU - 01-31-2018 04:53 PM

This is why people shouldnt look at raw data and draw conclusions. The number of people who get content from tv's are down dramatically since Obama first took office. The numbers likely suggest that Trump had more people watching than Obama ever did.

And yes, the best comparison is most recent Obama to most recent Trump.

Trumps SOTU speech was the most tweeted about SOTU ever. By far.

So if you are trying to say that Trump's speech wasnt as watched as any Obamas, that is a failed comparison.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - EigenEagle - 01-31-2018 05:07 PM

I watched live streams on Youtube.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - cb4029 - 01-31-2018 05:15 PM

I watched a replay of the AFC championship game. Damn Tom Brady. 01-lauramac2

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - DownEastPirate - 01-31-2018 05:15 PM

Really? lol. I guess you libs are grasping at anything you can nowadays.

Whoever didn't watch it missed pure gold in seeing those morbid Dem's sitting there with a constant sour face. Several times Pelosi tried to turn and talk to people around her and no one would even look at her, that was pretty comical too.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - Fort Bend Owl - 01-31-2018 05:40 PM

(01-31-2018 04:53 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  This is why people shouldnt look at raw data and draw conclusions. The number of people who get content from tv's are down dramatically since Obama first took office. The numbers likely suggest that Trump had more people watching than Obama ever did.

So if you are trying to say that Trump's speech wasnt as watched as any Obamas, that is a failed comparison.

That's strange because just the other day in the Grammy's thread, you said the following about the Nielsen ratings.

Quote:This is what a "real" poll looks like.

Ah but now it's let's not look at raw data, and television viewing is down dramatically.

You can't have it both ways. My point is this just reinforces what GTS said in the Grammy's thread (and should have said in the various NFL ratings threads).

I actually expected lower numbers than that. Fox News had great numbers - a record for any SOTU for them. The other networks had horrible ratings.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - bullet - 01-31-2018 05:47 PM

(01-31-2018 05:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 04:53 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  This is why people shouldnt look at raw data and draw conclusions. The number of people who get content from tv's are down dramatically since Obama first took office. The numbers likely suggest that Trump had more people watching than Obama ever did.

That's strange because just the other day in the Grammy's thread, you said the following about the Nielsen ratings.

Quote:This is what a "real" poll looks like.

Ah but now it's let's not look at raw data, and television viewing is down dramatically.

You can't have it both ways. My point is this just reinforces what GTS said in the Grammy's thread (and should have said in the various NFL ratings threads).

I actually expected lower numbers than that. Fox News had great numbers - a record for any SOTU for them. The other networks had horrible ratings.

So maybe a better heading would be:

Trump trumps Obama's last SOTU speech by over 40%!!!!

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - UTSAMarineVet09 - 01-31-2018 05:53 PM

Facebook was streaming it, so was twitter, youtube and many other options, not just tv anymore.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - Kronke - 01-31-2018 05:54 PM

I personally flipped between Cernovich's, Infowars', and The Daily Wire's/Ben Shapiro's live streams.

Disclaimer: Take everything OP says with a grain of salt, as he has been proven to be a purveyor of fake news. He also won't disavow said fake news when it is proven as such, and instead just abandons his threads.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - No Bull - 01-31-2018 05:55 PM

(01-31-2018 04:45 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Trump drew about 44 million viewers, down from his first speech as President last year (47.7 million - but that wasn't a SOTU). Compared to Obama's first two speeches in 2009 and 2010, the numbers are also lower (52.4 million and 48 for Obama's 1st SOTU).

Now I'm sure Trump and his loyalists here will want to compare Trump's numbers to Obama's final SOTU. Obama's numbers - like most presidents - went down with each and every new SOTU. His final SOTU in 2016 drew only 31.3 million. Trump's numbers are probably also going to be lower with each new SOTU - barring a war (Bush holds the recent record with 60-million plus viewers in 2003).

He may also claim that more people are watching it online but that's true with just about every show these days - which includes the NFL ratings he loves to make fun of.
no one gives a Shiite about the tv ratings (except you and maybe that pompous little ******* who used to be President)

Trump is The President. All is well.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - WKUYG - 01-31-2018 05:57 PM

(01-31-2018 05:54 PM)Kronke Wrote:  I personally flipped between Cernovich's, Infowars', and The Daily Wire's/Ben Shapiro's live streams.

Disclaimer: Take everything OP says with a grain of salt, as he has been proven to be a perpetuator of fake news. He also won't disavow said fake news when it is proven as such, and instead just abandons his threads.

OP.....I bet 5 to 10 more million watched it today

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - olliebaba - 01-31-2018 06:03 PM

I couldn't care less about ratings or if Libturds didn't like it, (hear that Juan Williams?) I liked it and I liked it because he was going through all the points that I wanted when I voted for him. It seemed like I was the one talking on that podium because his stance is my stance and finally we have a president that is pushing those points.

Way to go Donnie (he's my friend) I'm glad I voted for you.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - Attackcoog - 01-31-2018 06:07 PM

(01-31-2018 04:45 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Trump drew about 44 million viewers, down from his first speech as President last year (47.7 million - but that wasn't a SOTU). Compared to Obama's first two speeches in 2009 and 2010, the numbers are also lower (52.4 million and 48 for Obama's 1st SOTU).

I would also expect a general downtrend in the numbers over time due to cord cutting. The numbers really arent all that different. I suspect the vast majority of the difference between a 2010 SOTU and a 2018 SOTU is probably cord cutting--there is just a smaller overall TV audience.
According to this, OBama barely edged out Trump (48 million vs 45.6 million). However, Trump got a larger share of a much smaller total ABC/NBC/FOX/CBS TV audience (14.8 share vs 9.1 share in the same measure for Obama's first SOTU in 2010).

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/trump-state-of-the-union-ratings-1202682703/

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/sdsdskdh279882992z1/tv-ratings-obama-state-of-the-union-address-american-idol/

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - stinkfist - 01-31-2018 06:12 PM

(01-31-2018 06:03 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I couldn't care less about ratings or if Libturds didn't like it, (hear that Juan Williams?) I liked it and I liked it because he was going through all the points that I wanted when I voted for him. It seemed like I was the one talking on that podium because his stance is my stance and finally we have a president that is pushing those points.

Way to go Donnie (he's my friend) I'm glad I voted for you.

03-thumbsup

wkuyg also made a fabulous itemized post yesterday....

regardless, it's now very easy to understand the who's and the who's that never will be....

and it only took ol' boy a year to achieve that benchmark.....

the squeezing will only continue as he TRAMPLES forward....

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - Ohio Poly - 01-31-2018 06:25 PM

So his base watched and pretty much no one else. About what you'd expect by now.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - stinkfist - 01-31-2018 06:38 PM

(01-31-2018 06:25 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  So his base watched and pretty much no one else. About what you'd expect by now.

and as usual, another dippo has nothing in the tank to combat with a viable rebuttal how his methodology isn't working out for the greater good....

ewe gaylord fokkkers love ewe some misery.....

good luck with that moving forward....

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - No Bull - 01-31-2018 06:38 PM

Trump. The President.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - rath v2.0 - 01-31-2018 06:41 PM

Well I guess this is some good news for ya. Only 44 million saw the childish clowns with a (D) next to their names in the audience.

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - UofMstateU - 01-31-2018 06:44 PM

surely this will get him impeached....

RE: State of the Union TV ratings aren't great - rath v2.0 - 01-31-2018 06:46 PM

(01-31-2018 05:07 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I watched live streams on Youtube.

Where I watched, too.