CSNbbs
Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true (/thread-841474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - CoachWillRob - 02-04-2018 04:26 PM

(02-04-2018 03:26 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 09:56 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 06:55 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  Some of you need to slip back in to your eye-holed sheets and fade away in to obscurity. The racist apologists, are a dispicable group of people. Objectively, factually, despicable. Only rapists, child molesters, and murders are worse. Hell, I'd take a thief over a racist. At least you can lock your things away and the thief is shut down from his game.

Lol...Wow.

Truth hurts.

And YOU are an idiot.

Breaking one of the 10 commandments is by far as bad as someone's opinions. And people in this society who think they set the moral bar while dismissing many of the 10 commandments are the "Despicable Group".

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - Florida RedWolf - 02-04-2018 05:15 PM

(02-04-2018 09:23 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  Info is beginning to leak out and it is becomming very clear this wasn't a one sided affair. Things were said by the kid from A&T that are not being acknowledged by the A&T coach or team members. Our coach and other players heard it, but until it is corroborated it's merely hearsay. I'm affraid the book hasn't been closed on this.

Are we supposed to be surprised when I warned all to wait to hear the other side? No one called yelling racism hearsay, it was the gospel!

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - AppManDG - 02-04-2018 06:18 PM

(02-04-2018 05:15 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 09:23 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  Info is beginning to leak out and it is becomming very clear this wasn't a one sided affair. Things were said by the kid from A&T that are not being acknowledged by the A&T coach or team members. Our coach and other players heard it, but until it is corroborated it's merely hearsay. I'm affraid the book hasn't been closed on this.

Are we supposed to be surprised when I warned all to wait to hear the other side? No one called yelling racism hearsay, it was the gospel!

A lot of people jumped to conclusions based on one side of the story. App State shut this thing down to minimize the damage. Little wonder NC A&T slammed to door shut on it so quickly. There are some fights in today's society you can't win. This kid was tried and convicted in the court of social media.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - ManOnABuffalo - 02-05-2018 11:40 AM

This thing still going? I think honestly the university went way to quick on this one, they basically went with one side of the story and now things look worse once the other side has emerged.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - Saint3333 - 02-05-2018 12:39 PM

I'll never know what each party said.

But there is evidence that Spencer's actions in high school were in the right place.

http://www.southcarolina.usta.com/High_School_/_College/spartanburg_teen_wants_to_play_it_forward/

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - chiefsfan - 02-05-2018 12:57 PM

(02-04-2018 06:38 AM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(02-03-2018 01:24 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 08:33 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  What is SJW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social Justice Warrior. Its one of those conservative terms that has gotten really popular of late on the internet.

This is so educational, have been a proud middle of the road conservative all my life and had never heard of sjw. By the way, anyone belonging to a political party that features Nancy Polosi, should never accuse any conservative of being extreme or less than bright. She is truly a first degree nut.

And you wrongly assume that I have any ties to the democratic party outside of voting for Obama once.

I am a true moderate...someone who hates what both sides of the spectrum has let this turn into, and someone who is deeply concerned about the direction this country is headed.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - Florida RedWolf - 02-05-2018 08:07 PM

(02-05-2018 12:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Social Justice Warrior. Its one of those conservative terms that has gotten really popular of late on the internet.

This is so educational, have been a proud middle of the road conservative all my life and had never heard of sjw. By the way, anyone belonging to a political party that features Nancy Polosi, should never accuse any conservative of being extreme or less than bright. She is truly a first degree nut.

And you wrongly assume that I have any ties to the democratic party outside of voting for Obama once.

I am a true moderate...someone who hates what both sides of the spectrum has let this turn into, and someone who is deeply concerned about the direction this country is headed.

I assumed nothing about you. It was a general response to the many snide remarks directed towards conservatives. BUT the fact remains, Nancy is a bonifide left wing nut case. "We have to pass the bill (Obama care) in order to know whats in it". And if that isn't enough, she calls $1000 a crumb. Pretty smart stuff there Nancy.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - EigenEagle - 02-05-2018 08:34 PM

(02-04-2018 03:25 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  ??? Sorry we don't live on 1950's Georgia anymore masstah.
And I've had plenty of discussions about race from all sides. These messages board fellas aren't the brightest bunch. The idea of a serious discussion on this message board laughable. They should stick to sports. ? And you're delusional if you think that's a hard line leftist idea. Truly.

You are the only person here who thinks there is anything remotely racist on this thread. You are alone and on the fringe.

And judging by your hysterical reaction here I can see why no one would want to talk about race unless they agree with you.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - TroyFootball05 - 02-05-2018 09:25 PM

(02-05-2018 08:07 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I assumed nothing about you. It was a general response to the many snide remarks directed towards conservatives. BUT the fact remains, Nancy is a bonifide left wing nut case. "We have to pass the bill (Obama care) in order to know whats in it". And if that isn't enough, she calls $1000 a crumb. Pretty smart stuff there Nancy.

I'm also a true moderate. The lines tossed around by conservatives and liberals alike have always been rather predictable. Both sides are being manipulated by a dishonest press. "He's more conservative than he thinks. He must be a trumpster". No, I'm just able to look at things objectively, and not through the single lens of proving the other guys wrong. It requires a layer of self awareness most people aren't used to, and the desire, not the ability, to think critically and not rush to judgement. Some of the most intelligent people I know are fiercely partisan.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - McLeansvilleAppFan - 02-05-2018 09:28 PM

From where I sit on the political spectrum the vast majority on this list are pretty conservative it seems. Even a moderate is relative to the times just like the other labels.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - chiefsfan - 02-05-2018 11:26 PM

(02-05-2018 09:28 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  From where I sit on the political spectrum the vast majority on this list are pretty conservative it seems. Even a moderate is relative to the times just like the other labels.

I am fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. I end up arguing with conservatives more because I'm in the South, and there are a lot more Social conservatives down here. I've always felt that if I lived in California or New York, I'd end up arguing with liberals more.

I gave up trying to put myself in a political arena a while back and started going the independent route. I've actually contemplated running for office a couple times, but I'd run probably the snarkiest campaign ever and end up with zero votes...unless IndianBird gave me a pity vote.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - TheEagleWay - 02-05-2018 11:56 PM

(02-05-2018 11:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 09:28 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  From where I sit on the political spectrum the vast majority on this list are pretty conservative it seems. Even a moderate is relative to the times just like the other labels.

I am fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. I end up arguing with conservatives more because I'm in the South, and there are a lot more Social conservatives down here. I've always felt that if I lived in California or New York, I'd end up arguing with liberals more.

I gave up trying to put myself in a political arena a while back and started going the independent route.

[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - trojanbrutha - 02-06-2018 02:27 PM

(02-05-2018 08:34 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 03:25 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  ??? Sorry we don't live on 1950's Georgia anymore masstah.
And I've had plenty of discussions about race from all sides. These messages board fellas aren't the brightest bunch. The idea of a serious discussion on this message board laughable. They should stick to sports. ? And you're delusional if you think that's a hard line leftist idea. Truly.

You are the only person here who thinks there is anything remotely racist on this thread. You are alone and on the fringe.

And judging by your hysterical reaction here I can see why no one would want to talk about race unless they agree with you.
He's not alone.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - trojanbrutha - 02-06-2018 02:33 PM

I gave up trying to put myself in a political arena a while back and started going the independent route. I've actually contemplated running for office a couple times, but I'd run probably the snarkiest campaign ever and end up with zero votes...unless IndianBird gave me a pity vote.
Make that two...

Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - SBEagle - 02-06-2018 02:38 PM

Seminole should be your campaign manager

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - Panthers347 - 02-06-2018 03:07 PM

(02-06-2018 02:27 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 08:34 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

He's not alone.

Second that.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - JCGSU - 02-07-2018 10:40 AM

(02-04-2018 05:15 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  

Common sense would dictate someone does not say something like that without it being a two sided affair but when it comes to the PC police nothing else matters. Context, facts both sides be damned.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - troutbummike - 02-07-2018 06:02 PM

The mob is very easy to control and distract.... on both sides. It fascinates me.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - JCGSU - 02-07-2018 06:09 PM

(02-07-2018 06:02 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  The mob is very easy to control and distract.... on both sides. It fascinates me.

I just dont think this kid is a Klan member or the other guy is Rosa Parks. What he said was dumb idiotic whatever term you want to use but I also think it was not unprovoked and made out of temporary anger vs his actual beliefs, just like we all have done or said something to hurt someone based on anger and regretted it later nor do I think ruining someones college career or having death threats is a punishment that fits the crime. I called people in ATL traffic every single thing under the sun do I mean it no lol but when they cut you off going 90 almost scraping paint off your bumper in the moment my actual beliefs are not in play. One bad moment is not going to define a person to me several bad moments will. Suspend the guy for a match or two kick him off for any other violation and move on. Making this some civil rights movement from the 60's or proof the man is still out to get ya like it is 1960 is laughable at best.

RE: Not a good look for Appalachian St if true - RedWolfington - 02-10-2018 10:52 AM

(02-04-2018 03:46 PM)CheckYosef94 Wrote:  
(02-04-2018 03:18 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 10:39 PM)CheckYosef94 Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 06:55 PM)RedWolfington Wrote:  Some of you need to slip back in to your eye-holed sheets and fade away in to obscurity. The racist apologists, are a dispicable group of people. Objectively, factually, despicable. Only rapists, child molesters, and murders are worse. Hell, I'd take a thief over a racist. At least you can lock your things away and the thief is shut down from his game.

So basically don't wait for both sides of the story before you decide who's guilty or you must be a Klan member #gotit

Thats not at all what I said. You should work on reading comprehension. It's vital to being an adult.
It doesn't matter what context that line was in, there is no apologizing for it. The apologists are worse than the App guy who actually said the line.

Nobody is saying that what he said was okay. We simply want to hear both sides of the story before we make any judgements. That reading comprehension thing really came back to bite you in the butt.

No, actually it didn't at all. Lol. Still stands strong.
Your reading comprehension is still in question though. Go back through. There is plenty of "I don't see what the big deal is..."
Jesus dude. Read before you type.