CSNbbs
Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? (/thread-840024.html)

Pages: 1 2

Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 12:10 PM

I finally signed up & activated Pluto and I can watch what is on currently. But I can't seem to scroll over to see what is scheduled to be on later. From my TV I mean.

Or will the game only be available on facebook or the stadium website?

I don't have a streaming stick. I just have roku built in on my TV.

I have a link...
https://watchstadium.com/live/la-tech-at-uab/

So I guess I can watch it on my laptop which is fine. But the TV would be better.

Thanks for the help.

PS, I am a cord cutter so no cable.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - the_blazerman - 01-13-2018 01:02 PM

Same here. I think you can watch it via the link if anything.

You can also get the Pluto tv app for your computer to watch all the channels.

(I know you said you wanted to see it on your tv, just mentioning this capability also)

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - WesternBlazer - 01-13-2018 01:17 PM

I downloaded the Pluto app to my Roku and watch games on the Stadium channel all the time. I think its Pluto channel 237...

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 02:00 PM

(01-13-2018 01:17 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  I downloaded the Pluto app to my Roku and watch games on the Stadium channel all the time. I think its Pluto channel 237...

I have the pluto app. Stadium is 207. 232-243 show games, mostly women. But I don't see a way to scroll to 4pm to see what is scheduled at that time.

I guess I could run to walmart and pay $35 for a Chromecast.

But I don't know how they work. Found knock offs for far less on ebay too.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - LairDweller - 01-13-2018 02:18 PM

this whole thread is like a foreign language to me

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 02:41 PM

(01-13-2018 02:18 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  this whole thread is like a foreign language to me

It just comes down to having to watch the game on a 14 inch laptop, on a 23 inch screen sitting at my desk OR the large screen TV from my easy chair.

Several prior Stadium games were only on facebook.

Apparently, with a chromecast, you can "cast" it on your TV.

ROKU does the same thing for Netflix. Its just that Stadium does not have the needed app.

And, apparently, SOME Stadium games are available on the Pluto app. But when the games were on facebook, they were not available on that app.

I have no idea what will happen today which is why I asked.

Watching on my laptop is not terrible because they have high quality feeds but I would prefer the large screen TV. Although, not enough to run down to walmart and spend $37.50 and then spend a half hour or full hour trying to figure the chromecast out.

I guess I could do it with a 20 foot HDMI cable too.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - LairDweller - 01-13-2018 02:49 PM

hehe...still foreign. to be clear, im okay not understanding 03-wink

as is your last option, i connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI and get a solid experience

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - hooverblazer - 01-13-2018 02:58 PM

If you're in birmingham, Bartow Arena is the best way to watch the game :)

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 02:59 PM

(01-13-2018 02:49 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  hehe...still foreign. to be clear, im okay not understanding 03-wink

as is your last option, i connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI and get a solid experience

I don't have a 20+ foot HDMI cable or Id try it. And, I don't understand lots. Especially when it comes to phones. My cell phone makes & receives calls. It stays in the car, OFF unless I need it. And that is not often.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 03:07 PM

(01-13-2018 02:58 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  If you're in birmingham, Bartow Arena is the best way to watch the game :)

The obstacles are great. Its COLD. B'ham isn't all that safe. The "order fee" when buying a season ticket or even a 6 pack dissuades me.
I remember when exhibition games were free. When there were no "order fees".
And when ticket prices were far more reasonable given the competition being played.

UAB basketball tickets are not a good value given all the above.

I am not the only one voting with my feet.

For students, its free and they get free food too. A lot harder to say no if you are a student.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - WesternBlazer - 01-13-2018 03:11 PM

Says 4 o'clock on Pluto/Stadium channel 207

http://pluto.tv/watch/stadium

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - the_blazerman - 01-13-2018 03:41 PM

Hope Ring Of Honor doesn't go into overtime.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 04:36 PM

(01-13-2018 03:11 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Says 4 o'clock on Pluto/Stadium channel 207

http://pluto.tv/watch/stadium

My Roku screen says Conference USA so It should be our game.

I can watch NAU & Southern Utah on 2 different channels.

Maybe one day, we can move up to join the Big Sky in game availability.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 05:04 PM

Yes, great video feed on both my TV and the laptop.

Just cant turn down the sound & listen to Crane, because IMG thinks they know best.
LOL

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 05:06 PM

(01-13-2018 05:04 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  Yes, great video feed on both my TV and the laptop.

Just cant turn down the sound & listen to Crane, because IMG thinks they know best.
LOL

Instead of commercials, we get a blank screen. Which is fine, I guess. But no commercials is not a long term viable model.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - LairDweller - 01-13-2018 05:22 PM

(01-13-2018 05:06 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 05:04 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  Yes, great video feed on both my TV and the laptop.

LOL

Instead of commercials, we get a blank screen. Which is fine, I guess. But no commercials is not a long term viable model.

I want some pistachios

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-13-2018 08:26 PM

(01-13-2018 05:22 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 05:06 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  

LOL

I want some pistachios

No commercials made sense when it was on facebook. At least they got the facebook names of everyone who watched. But this....they had commercial breaks but did not have a single commercial.

But, now that I think about it, EPSN3 has a lot of open commercials too. Just them advertising their app.

Stadium is going to go under if they can't sell some ads. Which means next year, fewer games will be televised.

And, believe me, the quality of their video is MUCH better. We must be using SD while they use HD. And a lot of the espn3 feeds are poor too. (On a big screen or even a full screen on a laptop)

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - the_blazerman - 01-13-2018 09:07 PM

The stadium broadcast is definitely a lot better quality than ESPN3, etc.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - LairDweller - 01-13-2018 09:57 PM

You can’t say there wasn’t a single commercial.
There was the one for pistachios

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-15-2018 11:50 AM

For those on DirecTV, the game was on My 68. I didn't know it was on until half time in the game when I stumbled over it on the Guide. I wish I had known sooner.