CSNbbs
lack of season ticket holders in the stand - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: lack of season ticket holders in the stand (/thread-839785.html)

lack of season ticket holders in the stand - Springboromark - 01-10-2018 09:13 PM

Does Toledo have a policy of reselling tickets other then the ticket brokers out there. I see a lot of empty seats at last nights basketball game with the broncos.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - H2Oville Rocket - 01-10-2018 09:50 PM

UT can’t re-sell season tix. Holders can transfer them on a game-by-game basis. Any tickets on sale during pre-game are seats not held by season ticket holder.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - Pete - 01-10-2018 10:49 PM

Last night was glaring in the absence of bodies in seats by the apparent high contributing members of so called Rocket Fans.
Been a pet peeve for many seasons.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - rocket 51 - 01-11-2018 02:36 PM

the season ticket fan base is aging and I bet if you look at who pays for those seats many have been seat holders for MANY years (30+). MOB and team must find a way to attract a new following. The last two games are a good start IMO.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - FrickerRon - 01-11-2018 05:47 PM

(01-11-2018 02:36 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  the season ticket fan base is aging and I bet if you look at who pays for those seats many have been seat holders for MANY years (30+). MOB and team must find a way to attract a new following. The last two games are a good start IMO.

Yea, get out of the f---en MAC. Until we do that season tickets for football, men and women's basketball will continue to go down. Powers to be just can't get that thru their big heads.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - MidnightBlueGold - 01-11-2018 06:20 PM

This is laughable. Ticket brokers are not a problem for UT. Ticket brokers are not going to be buying up UT MBB ticket.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - PTLROCK - 01-11-2018 07:06 PM

I am one of those. I live 2 hours out of town, have a lot of travel for business, and when I have a chance to catch the home game on Saturday night - the game ends up being on Friday night (Akron). Nuts! I have considered dropping the tickets for a couple years now, but would rather spend the money to support the Rockets. More local UT grads and Toledo citizens need to share season tickets if they don't want to commit to an entire season. UT season tickets are really a very reasonably priced ticket. Much less than game day tickets, or big 10 tickets, etc..

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - AquaRocket - 01-11-2018 07:26 PM

(01-11-2018 05:47 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 02:36 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  the season ticket fan base is aging and I bet if you look at who pays for those seats many have been seat holders for MANY years (30+). MOB and team must find a way to attract a new following. The last two games are a good start IMO.

Yea, get out of the f---en MAC. Until we do that season tickets for football, men and women's basketball will continue to go down. Powers to be just can't get that thru their big heads.
Really??? Glad you figured this out. MOB will be forever grateful

Sent from my XT1650 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - San Giuseppe Jato Rocket - 01-11-2018 10:27 PM

But... have you noticed how packed the Suites and Floor Seating have been since Christmas? Not an open chair to be had.

I don't think MOB cares too much if the "cheap" seats are going unused when the big dollar donors are happy.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - eastisbest - 01-11-2018 10:29 PM

I hope he does. Emptry seats in the camera goes to image and goes to concessions.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - H2Oville Rocket - 01-11-2018 10:38 PM

West side was nearly full, east side nearly empty. No student presence which should change next game.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - Springboromark - 01-12-2018 05:46 AM

I have seen all of the responses, so other then not able to get a certain seat floor level at the box office, how do I get a transfer ticket from a season ticket holder. I would be glad to pay full valve of the ticket. I just paid $20 at Miami recently for a first level seat. They to do not fill up the lower level of their basketball games. Aging population.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - H2Oville Rocket - 01-12-2018 07:33 AM

(01-12-2018 05:46 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  I have seen all of the responses, so other then not able to get a certain seat floor level at the box office, how do I get a transfer ticket from a season ticket holder. I would be glad to pay full valve of the ticket. I just paid $20 at Miami recently for a first level seat. They to do not fill up the lower level of their basketball games. Aging population.

There’s a way to do it on-line and it is explained in the literature that comes with the ticket card but I no longer have my literature.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - T-Town - 01-12-2018 08:43 AM

(01-10-2018 10:49 PM)Pete Wrote:  Last night was glaring in the absence of bodies in seats by the apparent high contributing members of so called Rocket Fans.
Been a pet peeve for many seasons.

There several ways to "fill the lower bowl" but none of them are likely solutions because they are either revenue unfriendly or difficult to affect. Here are three suggestions that won't work for various reasons

1) Have UT officials monitor which sold seats are not being occupied and then refuse to accept those people's contributions that are required to even be allowed to purchase those seats in the first place? That doesn't seem to be revenue friendly solution.

2)Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's when the Rockets did sometimes get to the NCAA Tournament, the average attendance at MBB games exceeded the current seating capacity for a number of seasons. Maybe getting to the NCAA Tourney more than once every 40 years might help, but that likewise is not really a viable suggestion because it is not like they have been overtly trying NOT to get to there for the last 37 years.

3) Simply let people "upgrade" the seats by moving down to the lower bowl to fill any empty seats; however, there is also a downside there-----why should someone give a large donation to the Athletic Dept. in order for the privilege of paying premium prices for season tickets (no fan plan or cheap ticket package for these seats) when anyone can buy the cheapest seat available and simply move down and sit there for maybe 1/10 of the true cost of that seat? It kind of blows the "attractiveness of the exclusivity" off possessing bowl tickets and hence destroys the "value" of those seats.

So---yes, empty seats in the bowl are a problem but one that does not seem to have an obvious solution (or it would have possibly been fixed by now) so my guess is that it is going to remain a problem for the foreseeable future.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - PTLROCK - 01-12-2018 11:48 AM

(01-12-2018 07:33 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 05:46 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  I have seen all of the responses, so other then not able to get a certain seat floor level at the box office, how do I get a transfer ticket from a season ticket holder. I would be glad to pay full valve of the ticket. I just paid $20 at Miami recently for a first level seat. They to do not fill up the lower level of their basketball games. Aging population.

There’s a way to do it on-line and it is explained in the literature that comes with the ticket card but I no longer have my literature.

The tickets are easily transferred. All I need is an e-mail. You can send me a personal message here. We can exchange phone numbers to discuss, then the tickets come via e-mail.

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - PaulJ - 01-12-2018 12:14 PM

(01-11-2018 05:47 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  

Lets win consistently (championships) and fill the stands before we can ever talk about leaving the MAC

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - PaulJ - 01-12-2018 12:17 PM

(01-11-2018 10:27 PM)San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Wrote:  But... have you noticed how packed the Suites and Floor Seating have been since Christmas? Not an open chair to be had.

I don't think MOB cares too much if the "cheap" seats are going unused when the big dollar donors are happy.

?? I was at Wednesday's game and suites and floor seating were far from packed, plenty of open seats to be had

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - PaulJ - 01-12-2018 12:18 PM

Walk up and pay $8-11 for cheapest seats, and then simply sit in the students section where there always room and good sightlines

RE: lack of season ticket holders in the stand - indianasniff - 01-12-2018 08:08 PM

(01-12-2018 12:18 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  

Walk up and pay $8-11 for cheapest seats, and then simply sit in the students section where there always room and good sightlines

When I lived in town i did this alot