CSNbbs
Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? (/thread-839735.html)

Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - Chappy - 01-10-2018 11:31 AM

A Christmas Story - I couldn't stand this movie when I was a kid, but now I can quote every line and watch it every holiday season multiple times.

So I Married an Axe Murderer - Saw it on a date in the theater while in college. Hated it. Caught it on TV about 10 years ago and loved it. Now one of our favorite movies and my wife and I watch it at least once a year.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - When I first saw this film in the theater, it was a toss up for me whether this or Attack of the Clones was worse. A decade later, I still hate Attack of the Clones, but this I think this film is a lot of fun to watch. Sure, it's got insanely unbelievable parts (like the refrigerator scene), but so do all the other Indiana Jones films.

How 'bout yours?

RE: Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - PirateTreasureNC - 01-10-2018 07:57 PM

Hmmmm ... I got to think on this one.....

RE: Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - BadgerMJ - 01-11-2018 01:07 PM

(01-10-2018 11:31 AM)Chappy Wrote:  A Christmas Story - I couldn't stand this movie when I was a kid, but now I can quote every line and watch it every holiday season multiple times.

So I Married an Axe Murderer - Saw it on a date in the theater while in college. Hated it. Caught it on TV about 10 years ago and loved it. Now one of our favorite movies and my wife and I watch it at least once a year.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - When I first saw this film in the theater, it was a toss up for me whether this or Attack of the Clones was worse. A decade later, I still hate Attack of the Clones, but this I think this film is a lot of fun to watch. Sure, it's got insanely unbelievable parts (like the refrigerator scene), but so do all the other Indiana Jones films.

How 'bout yours?

Airplane - First saw it and though it was perhaps the dumbest movie I'd ever seen. Watched it again a few years later (after refining my sense of humor) and loved it. Now it's one of my favorite comedies.

Spaceballs - Hated it the first time then began to appreciate how brilliantly dumb, dumb can be.

Judge Dredd - Thought it was god-awful the first time around, now I enjoy it campiness of Sly's character and Assante's over the top cheesy villian.

RE: Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - PirateTreasureNC - 01-11-2018 01:23 PM

Pulp Fiction comes to mind. But, my relationship with that movie is a odd one. I didn't get the broken timeline presentation the first time. Then I got it chronologically. I don't know how to say this but, as much as I love the dialogue I hate the movie. Which is odd as I loved his first effort, Reservoir Dogs, immediately.

RE: Movies you hated at first but now enjoy? - MWC Tex - 01-11-2018 09:04 PM

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure

Over time it became a cult funny but stupid movie. I would have loved to do a history report like they did though.