CSNbbs
MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread (/thread-839681.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Screwball - 01-09-2018 09:12 PM

Can't find much to dislike about this game. Great win. Build on it.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - AquaRocket - 01-09-2018 09:27 PM

Outstanding all around effort. We want more!

Sent from my XT1650 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Boca Rocket - 01-09-2018 09:35 PM

(01-09-2018 09:12 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Can't find much to dislike about this game. Great win. Build on it.

Need to learn how to break a press.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - RocketBBallFan - 01-09-2018 09:48 PM

Great win against the favorite in the MAC West! They played very well on both ends of the court. Let's keep it going!

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Rocket75 - 01-09-2018 09:50 PM

I just got back from the game. Big difference compared to the Marshall game. These guys hustled and played defense. Sanford and Navigato never gave up even though they were missing shots. When crunch time came, they stepped up big time. Fletcher is a real leader. Just a shame he is a one and done guy.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - NewMex RocketFan - 01-09-2018 10:06 PM

Too many turnovers but team play was a delightful surprise.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-09-2018 10:11 PM

A satisfied season ticket holder!!! Very well played game

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - FMRocket - 01-09-2018 10:15 PM

Was at Savage tonight... Definitely one of their better efforts...Have missed too many games from being out of town, so I was lucky to catch the Rockets at the top of their game...04-bow

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - JCannon21 - 01-09-2018 10:17 PM

I'm just gonna shove my "get tk out" foot in my mouth for now. That was a great game

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Rocket Man - 01-09-2018 10:55 PM

(01-09-2018 09:00 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Really nice win against a team that should be in the top 4 in the MAC, and one that has kind of owned us in the TK era. First time I’ve seen the Rockets play with any killer instinct this season. Very balanced scoring with 4 guys in double figures.

My only complaint is those grey uniforms. Grey is NOT one of our school colors! Prefer to see Home whites...

Nether is white04-jawdrop

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Rocket Man - 01-09-2018 10:58 PM

The grey unis were not my favorites, but are starting to grow on me. Same with the golds. As long as the guys like them and feel good in them they are good with me. Nice thing with these unis is that they can both be worn home and away. This could give us a home court feel on the road.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - H2Oville Rocket - 01-09-2018 11:50 PM

Best all round game since Oakland. Best defense I’ve seen a K team play, maybe ever. The switch to trapping zone surprised everyone but we did it well, if briefly, and, IIRC, we got a four point swing that led to one of our biggest leads. Coaching was excellent, nine players got at least ten minutes and WMU never ran any of their back cuts to crept once and Wilder botched it for a turnover. Adway played one of his best games, including a huge block on a dunk attempt and a sweet baseline J. I am pumped until CMU beats us by 15 on Saturday!

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - MotoRocket - 01-09-2018 11:53 PM

Watched from about the 3 minute mark of first half to the end of the game. They played well most of that span of time except for a few lapses on turning the ball over. Saw a lot of motion on offense and they have a lot of offensive threats. Need a guy in there that is moving the ball around - and Roberts seemed to do the best job, but seems like he had a number of the turnovers as well - or just a couple of obvious bad ones that I remembered better.

If Western is the pre-season favorite, they did not show much in this game. They looked out-matched the entire time I was watching the game and it was only some of our lapses that allowed them to cut the lead to around 6 near the end of the first half.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - T-Town - 01-10-2018 10:55 AM

(01-09-2018 11:53 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Watched from about the 3 minute mark of first half to the end of the game. They played well most of that span of time except for a few lapses on turning the ball over. Saw a lot of motion on offense and they have a lot of offensive threats. Need a guy in there that is moving the ball around - and Roberts seemed to do the best job, but seems like he had a number of the turnovers as well - or just a couple of obvious bad ones that I remembered better.

If Western is the pre-season favorite, they did not show much in this game. They looked out-matched the entire time I was watching the game and it was only some of our lapses that allowed them to cut the lead to around 6 near the end of the first half.

I did like the fact that the Rockets held Western well below their season average w/r to points scored. However, a reality check tells me no team is going to consistently shoot almost 60% from the field with almost half of their shots coming from behind the 3 point line so while I congratulate the team on playing about as good a game as we are likely to see from them you just can't realistically expect similar shooting performances every night.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - T4C8 - 01-10-2018 11:31 AM

(01-09-2018 10:17 PM)JCannon21 Wrote:  I'm just gonna shove my "get tk out" foot in my mouth for now. That was a great game

I'm staying on that train until I see a banner in Savage. Either regular season or tournament would satisfy me.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - H2Oville Rocket - 01-10-2018 11:38 AM

(01-10-2018 10:55 AM)T-Town Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 11:53 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Watched from about the 3 minute mark of first half to the end of the game. They played well most of that span of time except for a few lapses on turning the ball over. Saw a lot of motion on offense and they have a lot of offensive threats. Need a guy in there that is moving the ball around - and Roberts seemed to do the best job, but seems like he had a number of the turnovers as well - or just a couple of obvious bad ones that I remembered better.

I did like the fact that the Rockets held Western well below their season average w/r to points scored. However, a reality check tells me no team is going to consistently shoot almost 60% from the field with almost half of their shots coming from behind the 3 point line so while I congratulate the team on playing about as good a game as we are likely to see from them you just can't realistically expect similar shooting performances every night.

We won’t shoot like that very night but we do lead the MAC in threes and have five reliable 3 point shooters, often on the floor at the same time. We have won five of our last six and apart from Buffalo, have done it as much with D as O. Maybe K is catching on. This team is coming together- I don’t think there’s enough talent to win the MAC but we’re better than I thought we’d be.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - Rocket75 - 01-10-2018 12:04 PM

The main reason that Sanford was so good in the second half is that he did not play much in the first half. He had two quick fouls and stayed on the bench for quite a while. Normally Jalen looks tired and mentally drained during the last 5 minutes of the game when the Rockets lose their composure. In this game, a rested Jalen took charge and made sure the lead was maintained and ever improved. Hopefully Coach K will give Roberts and even Rose serious minutes so that Sanford is able to perform well at crunch time.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - bcunn3128 - 01-10-2018 12:21 PM

(01-10-2018 11:38 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

We won’t shoot like that very night but we do lead the MAC in threes and have five reliable 3 point shooters, often on the floor at the same time. We have won five of our last six and apart from Buffalo, have done it as much with D as O. Maybe K is catching on. This team is coming together- I don’t think there’s enough talent to win the MAC but we’re better than I thought we’d be.

I may be getting there...need to see how things turn out Saturday against CMU and then at Ohio a few nights later before I let myself believe we can be consistently better than I think we are. Last night was a very different team, one that I'd certainly enjoy seeing more of.

RE: MBB: Western Michigan at Toledo game thread - H2Oville Rocket - 01-10-2018 04:41 PM

(01-10-2018 12:21 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(01-10-2018 11:38 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

I may be getting there...need to see how things turn out Saturday against CMU and then at Ohio a few nights later before I let myself believe we can be consistently better than I think we are. Last night was a very different team, one that I'd certainly enjoy seeing more of.

04-jawdrop Which is akin to anyone else saying we’re a lock for the Final Four!! 03-wink