CSNbbs
What Duke Fans Are Saying - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: What Duke Fans Are Saying (/thread-836288.html)

Pages: 1 2

What Duke Fans Are Saying - MileHighHuskie - 12-05-2017 05:05 PM

Mixed messages on their board.

- Duke should lay 50 on us.
- NIU Coach Carey not excited to play in Detroit, but NIU fans are.
- NIU likes to Run, only 1400 passing yards.
- Our best win is against crap NE Team.
- Coach Carey needs to work on his public relations skills, he's got that look like he is stupid, proving the line between coach and landscaper is narrow. 03-lmfao
- “I ain’t never heard of anybody taking a vacation to Detroit, that’s all I’m saying.” -NIU coach
- May set a bowl attendance record.
- Duke needs a game plan for Sutton Smith

https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/Duke-Football-Recruiting-Big-Official-Visit-Weekend-111436724

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - Big_Man - 12-05-2017 05:18 PM

Most are fair assessments. I would expect Duke to win, but wouldn't be surprised if NIU pulled out the W. Looking at Duke's schedule, they beat some decent teams, but also lost to Army. Looking at NIU's schedule, we almost beat some decent teams, but lost to CMU.

I don't think Carey actually said that about Detroit. Isn't that what Joakim Noah said about Cleveland a few years back?

Final prediction: Duke 20 NIU 17

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - thxjoenovak - 12-05-2017 05:22 PM

Was curious about previous attendance....

CMU VS MINN

BC VS MARYLAND

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - nucyberdawg - 12-05-2017 05:23 PM

(12-05-2017 05:05 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  Mixed messages on their board.

********Last time I checked Trumplike " tweeted facts' this am : NIU 2017 season stats: passing yards =2300+
Internet is littered with dung.*************************

- Coach Carey needs to work on his public relations skills, he's got that look like he is stupid, proving the line between coach and landscaper is narrow. 03-lmfao
- “I ain’t never heard of anybody taking a vacation to Detroit, that’s all I’m saying.” -NIU coach

https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/Duke-Football-Recruiting-Big-Official-Visit-Weekend-111436724

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - DiehardHuskie - 12-05-2017 09:30 PM

Attendance record? NIU?

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - nucyberdawg - 12-05-2017 10:30 PM

hell. we cannot half fill huskie stadium......much less draw 15,000 to Motown.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - pjfleck82 - 12-05-2017 10:44 PM

If Duke doesn’t travel well there will probably be about 8K there.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - DogPoundNorth - 12-05-2017 10:54 PM

(12-05-2017 05:18 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Most are fair assessments. I would expect Duke to win, but wouldn't be surprised if NIU pulled out the W. Looking at Duke's schedule, they beat some decent teams, but also lost to Army. Looking at NIU's schedule, we almost beat some decent teams, but lost to CMU.

I don't think Carey actually said that about Detroit. Isn't that what Joakim Noah said about Cleveland a few years back?

Army is 9-2

And yes, Carey never said that quote, Noah did lol

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - Huskie_Jon - 12-05-2017 11:07 PM

(12-05-2017 05:18 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Most are fair assessments. I would expect Duke to win, but wouldn't be surprised if NIU pulled out the W. Looking at Duke's schedule, they beat some decent teams, but also lost to Army. Looking at NIU's schedule, we almost beat some decent teams, but lost to CMU.

CMU is going to a bowl game, so losing to them is not that embarrassing. Frustrating, yes, but they are a worthy opponent.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - cosine4 - 12-05-2017 11:46 PM

(12-05-2017 09:30 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Attendance record? NIU?
For lowest attendance....

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - BDB5yp - 12-06-2017 02:22 PM

(12-05-2017 05:05 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  Mixed messages on their board.

Their assessment is fine except for the Nebraska win jab. May have been a better year for Nebraska if they hadn’t panicked and Fired their coach. Lol

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - bob green - 12-06-2017 03:28 PM

The best Duke message board is DukeBasketballReport.com which discusses all sports. Here is a link to the Quick Lane Bowl thread:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?40893-FB-Duke-v-N-Ill-(Quick-Lane-Bowl)-Dec-26-5-15-pm-ESPN

Example comments:

- they won 2 of 3 from the directional Michigan schools and 3 pt loss to BC
- NIU will be a solid opponent. I expect Duke will be favored
- NIU apparently had the best defense in their conference if I am not confusing things
- NIU is better than Army, UVa, and Pitt (per SRS) -- three teams we lost to

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - Dog Fan - 12-06-2017 03:34 PM

(12-06-2017 03:28 PM)bob green Wrote:  The best Duke message board is DukeBasketballReport.com which discusses all sports. Here is a link to the Quick Lane Bowl thread:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?40893-FB-Duke-v-N-Ill-(Quick-Lane-Bowl)-Dec-26-5-15-pm-ESPN

Example comments:

- NIU apparently had the best defense in their conference if I am not confusing things

The one thing they left out is that NIU fans are extremely handsome, gorgeous, well-endowed, kind, courteous, loving, respectful, humble, sane, positive, non-argumentative, and otherwise normal in every respect.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - NIU007 - 12-06-2017 03:35 PM

(12-06-2017 03:34 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 03:28 PM)bob green Wrote:  The best Duke message board is DukeBasketballReport.com which discusses all sports. Here is a link to the Quick Lane Bowl thread:

Example comments:

The one thing they left out is that NIU fans are extremely handsome, gorgeous, well-endowed, kind, courteous, loving, respectful, humble, sane, positive, non-argumentative, and otherwise normal in every respect.

Well that goes without saying.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - nucyberdawg - 12-06-2017 04:57 PM

Example comments:

BASED UPON COUNTLESS POSTS HERE BY HUSKIE FANS

Are you on medicinal dosages of legalized pot?

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - NIU007 - 12-06-2017 05:00 PM

(12-06-2017 04:57 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  

Example comments:

You don't want to know...

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - Max Power - 12-06-2017 06:47 PM

(12-06-2017 03:34 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  The one thing they left out is that NIU fans are extremely handsome, gorgeous, well-endowed, kind, courteous, loving, respectful, humble, sane, positive, non-argumentative, and otherwise normal in every respect.

And they better agree or else 05-mafia

What Duke Fans Are Saying - Dog Fan - 12-06-2017 07:53 PM

(12-06-2017 04:57 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  

Example comments:

What's the matter, you ain't handsome, gorgeous, or well-endowed????

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - randyfensfanclub1 - 12-06-2017 09:35 PM

I know Duke's a great school for education. They will need the $ to pay for a trip there.

In the neighborhood of $500 from Carolina. No wonder it's always a Michigan fill in.

I was looking for flights for an alum from NY. Already went from about $300, to $350 to $400+ neighborhood in just over a day.
Flights are like $100-$150 to go there 12/26...$250-300+ back. It's the same everywhere.

RE: What Duke Fans Are Saying - nucyberdawg - 12-07-2017 01:21 AM

(12-06-2017 09:35 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  I know Duke's a great school for education. They will need the $ to pay for a trip there.

$$$ not likely an obstacle for many $tudent$ attending or alum$ from DUKE. Same with NU.

In the neighborhood of $500 from Carolina. No wonder it's always a Michigan fill in.

I was looking for flights for an alum from NY. Already went from about $300, to $350 to $400+ neighborhood in just over a day.
Flights are like $100-$150 to go there 12/26...$250-300+ back. It's the same everywhere.