CSNbbs
Trump's new defense? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Trump's new defense? (/thread-836243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 12:09 PM

a. Collusion is not illegal
b. The president cannot obstruct justice

In May 1977, three years after he resigned the presidency, Richard Nixon made a stunning declaration. The president, he told British journalist David Frost, in a series of historic interviews, is not bound by the same laws that apply to ordinary citizens. “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal,” he explained. Congress, which filed articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice in the Watergate affair, obviously disagreed. Yet 40 years later, Donald Trump’s legal team has revived Nixon’s reasoning. As special counsel Robert Mueller closes in on what appears to be an obstruction case against the president, Trump’s attorneys are publicly laying the groundwork to argue that he is immune to any charges that could precipitate impeachment.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12/donald-trump-legal-defense-russia-investigation

RE: Trump's new defense? - UCF08 - 12-05-2017 12:29 PM

Sessions himself argued that the President could obstruct justice, so that ones going to be hard to pull off.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Bull_Is_Back - 12-05-2017 12:33 PM

(12-05-2017 12:09 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  a. Collusion is not illegal

When did the "Collusion" happen and what did it amount to?

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 12:34 PM

(12-05-2017 12:29 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Sessions himself argued that the President could obstruct justice, so that ones going to be hard to pull off.

It sounds like what other presidents tried to argue right before the hammer falls.

Wasn't it Nixon that said if the president does it by definition it isn't illegal?

RE: Trump's new defense? - VA49er - 12-05-2017 12:35 PM

In May 1977, three years after he resigned the presidency, Richard Nixon made a stunning declaration. The president, he told British journalist David Frost, in a series of historic interviews, is not bound by the same laws that apply to ordinary citizens. “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal,” he explained. Congress, which filed articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice in the Watergate affair, obviously disagreed. Yet 40 years later, Donald Trump’s legal team has revived Nixon’s reasoning. As special counsel Robert Mueller closes in on what appears to be an obstruction case against the president, Trump’s attorneys are publicly laying the groundwork to argue that he is immune to any charges that could precipitate impeachment.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12/donald-trump-legal-defense-russia-investigation

Nixon refused to hand over the tapes. What is the Trump equivalent?

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 12:37 PM

(12-05-2017 12:33 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

IDK

I find it interesting that Trump's lawyers would concede the possibility that it actually happened by now saying it's not illegal.

RE: Trump's new defense? - MemTigers1998 - 12-05-2017 12:37 PM

Poor libs - ignorant and hopeful aren't a good pair

RE: Trump's new defense? - VA49er - 12-05-2017 12:39 PM

(12-05-2017 12:37 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Poor libs - ignorant and hopeful aren't a good pair

Sit back and enjoy. They are setting themselves up for another Rachel Maddow Tax Return letdown.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 12:42 PM

(12-05-2017 12:35 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

Who knows how this all plays out. I don't think firing Comey in and of itself reaches the level of obstruction of justice. However, coupled with the fact that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI before hand lends more credence to that theory.

The rumors however now are that his latest attacks on the FBI are laying the groundwork for firing Mueller.

I think if he does this, the republicans will cut him loose. Especially if they get tax reform through.

RE: Trump's new defense? - SuperFlyBCat - 12-05-2017 12:45 PM

(12-05-2017 12:42 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 12:35 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

Who knows how this all plays out. I don't think firing Comey in and of itself reaches the level of obstruction of justice. However, coupled with the fact that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI before hand lends more credence to that theory.

The rumors however now are that his latest attacks on the FBI are laying the groundwork for firing Mueller.

I think if he does this, the republicans will cut him loose. Especially if they get tax reform through.

But the Democrats wanted Comey fired also. The guy is a clown regardless of where you sit politically.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Bull_Is_Back - 12-05-2017 12:46 PM

(12-05-2017 12:37 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

IDK

You don't know?

[Image: let-me-show-you-my-shocked-face-quitmeme...212859.png]

Quote:I find it interesting that Trump's lawyers would concede the possibility that it actually happened by now saying it's not illegal.

Lawyers trying to have their cake and eat it to?

Comeon... Bill Clinton once said "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is"... This is what Lawyers do!

What we know is that, supposedly, Trump asked Comey to meet with the Russians to coordinate on fighting ISIS *AFTER* the election but before inauguration. That was the supposed bombshell which got the TDS crowd all orgasmic the other day.

You guys look more like Birthers every day.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Redwingtom - 12-05-2017 12:48 PM

(12-05-2017 12:42 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I think if he does this, the republicans will cut him loose. Especially if they get tax reform through.

I still don't buy this argument. trump has hardly been involved in the process and a President Pence or President Ryan would sign whatever congress passes anyway.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 12:48 PM

(12-05-2017 12:46 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 12:37 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

IDK

You don't know?

Quote:I find it interesting that Trump's lawyers would concede the possibility that it actually happened by now saying it's not illegal.

Lawyers trying to have their cake and eat it to?

Comeon... "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

What we know is that, supposedly, Trump asked Comey to meet with the Russians to coordinate on fighting ISIS *AFTER* the election but before inauguration. That was the supposed bombshell which got the TDS crowd all orgasmic the other day.

You guys look more like Birthers every day.

I get it. Everyone thinks that teachers are supposed to know everything..

Everywhere I go, as soon as I tell people i'm a history teacher, they try and stump me with some obscure fact that only they know like................

How many gallons of gas does a T1 tank hold.

And of course, if I can't answer correctly, I'm suddenly a terrible teacher.

I get it brah.

I get it.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Bull_Is_Back - 12-05-2017 12:52 PM

(12-05-2017 12:48 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I get it. Everyone thinks that teachers are supposed to know everything..

In your case I'd settle for anything Fit..

Quote:Everywhere I go, as soon as I tell people i'm a history teacher, they try and stump me with some obscure fact that only they know like................

Little do they know you only teach the first half of history and do a speculation face plant when you wander into the second half

The point is you can't even articulate what the supposed collusion is, not even close.

RE: Trump's new defense? - UCF08 - 12-05-2017 12:54 PM

Good question! We're not sure, but you'll be happy to know that we have a fabulous investigatory team finding out the answer!

RE: Trump's new defense? - Kronke - 12-05-2017 12:56 PM

(12-05-2017 12:37 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Poor libs - ignorant and hopeful aren't a good pair

[Image: joy-behar.gif?resize=300%2C168&ssl=1]

RE: Trump's new defense? - Bull_Is_Back - 12-05-2017 01:04 PM

(12-05-2017 12:54 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

Good question! We're not sure, but you'll be happy to know that we have a fabulous investigatory team finding out the answer!

Funny.... Usually you have to have some idea of what the crime might be before you sick investigators and subpoena on people. Nice to see you don't think that way.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 01:16 PM

(12-05-2017 12:52 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 12:48 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I get it. Everyone thinks that teachers are supposed to know everything..

Quote:Everywhere I go, as soon as I tell people i'm a history teacher, they try and stump me with some obscure fact that only they know like................

Little do they know you only teach the first half of history and do a speculation face plant when you wander into the second half

The point is you can't even articulate what the supposed collusion is, not even close.

When did I attempt to articulate what collusion was?

RE: Trump's new defense? - Bull_Is_Back - 12-05-2017 01:17 PM

(12-05-2017 01:16 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

You did not, and you can not, yet it's still the hope driving your every day.

RE: Trump's new defense? - Fitbud - 12-05-2017 01:30 PM

(12-05-2017 01:17 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 01:16 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

You did not, and you can not, yet it's still the hope driving your every day.

You are correct sir. I hoped that one day, the United States of America would find that Trump was colluding with Russia and therefore, I devised a plan for the FBI to use 3 million dollars to do just that.

I will report my findings in a couple of weeks. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao