CSNbbs
FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) (/thread-836208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Fish - 12-05-2017 09:17 AM

Haven't seen a thread on here for this bowl yet. FIU finished tied with the most regular season wins in program history with 8. Temple won 3 out of their last 4 to become bowl eligible. Temple opens as a 8-point favorite, but that line is now 7. Six of FIU's 8 wins came as underdogs according to Vegas... 3 of those as double-digit dogs. Time to prove Vegas wrong again.

Fun fact: The last time FIU played in a bowl game was 2011, which also was in St. Pete, against Marshall. Marshall won 20-10 (boo!!).

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - D4RKW4T3R ROCK - 12-05-2017 09:27 AM

Congrats on a great season FIU. Butch was an excellent get for you guys. I noticed you have one of the best linebackers in Florida committed as well for 2018. Just finish the deal and curb stomp Temple for all of us in CUSA.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Fish - 12-20-2017 09:53 PM

La Tech’s performance tonight has me even more excited for this game tomorrow. Back to back wins over the AAC would be great.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - usm99 - 12-20-2017 09:57 PM

Good luck FIU. Go out and get win #9 for you as well as win #4 for CUSA (out of 6 bowl games).

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - TTT - 12-20-2017 11:22 PM

I'm calling it now. FIU will beat Temple but AAC fans will make one or more of the following excuses:

-Temple just couldn't get up for a CUSA team
-Playing an AAC team is the superbowl for FIU
-Temple is only 6-6

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - herdfan129 - 12-20-2017 11:45 PM

This is another big game for our conference and I would consider this a big game for FIU and Butch Davis.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - 12thmonarch - 12-20-2017 11:47 PM

Good Luck tomorrow Panthers!!! Bring it home.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - stc - 12-20-2017 11:59 PM

I like FIU in this game. Keep the momentum going.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - goliath74 - 12-21-2017 12:00 AM

I think Panthers have a very good chance to give C-USA 5th victory of the bowl season

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Saint Greg - 12-21-2017 12:46 AM

You're up, FIU!

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - beefcake0520 - 12-21-2017 07:24 AM

(12-20-2017 11:22 PM)TTT Wrote:  I'm calling it now. FIU will beat Temple but AAC fans will make one or more of the following excuses:

-Temple is only 6-6

Other than USF, UCF and Memphis, the league as a whole this year is average. P6 pppffffftt. To be part of the power conferences, even your lowest bowl teams have to take out their G5 competition. So they WILL go 0-2 vs. CUSA in bowls, and from what I see, they may only win one or two bowls all together.

What I am loving so far is we are what? 4-2 in our bowls right now? Going to go 5-2 by tonight. Predictors only had us winning 2 of our bowls all together. Not bad, in a way is proving to CUSA that we didn't just beat on each other to become bowl eligible, every victory was earned. The one blemish is imo WKU getting beat by Ga State, sorry hilltoppers, that loss was not a good one. Getting beat by Troy is not bad this year, they just are that good. Just wish that would translate to a better TV deal.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - WKUFan518 - 12-21-2017 08:14 AM

(12-21-2017 07:24 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 11:22 PM)TTT Wrote:  I'm calling it now. FIU will beat Temple but AAC fans will make one or more of the following excuses:

-Temple is only 6-6

Other than USF, UCF and Memphis, the league as a whole this year is average. P6 pppffffftt. To be part of the power conferences, even your lowest bowl teams have to take out their G5 competition. So they WILL go 0-2 vs. CUSA in bowls, and from what I see, they may only win one or two bowls all together.

What I am loving so far is we are what? 4-2 in our bowls right now? Going to go 5-2 by tonight. Predictors only had us winning 2 of our bowls all together. Not bad, in a way is proving to CUSA that we didn't just beat on each other to become bowl eligible, every victory was earned. The one blemish is imo WKU getting beat by Ga State, sorry hilltoppers, that loss was not a good one. Getting beat by Troy is not bad this year, they just are that good. Just wish that would translate to a better TV deal.

Well the prior two seasons bowl wins vs. South Florida and Memphis more than makes up for the egg we dropped this season...

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Fish - 12-21-2017 09:30 AM

I really don't know what to make of this FIU team. Very hit or miss. They seem to get up for big games, so that makes me feel better. The team improved as the season went on (compare 17 points scored against FCS Alcorn St. to 63 against UMass in the last game of the season). FIU has also played well in the role of the underdog this season, as Vegas has repeatedly shown FIU no love. I think Temple's athleticism will give FIU's defense trouble and I see this being a high scoring game. When Temple made the QB switch, they played much better.

Let's go out with a win and set the program record for wins in a season 04-cheers

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - goliath74 - 12-21-2017 09:56 AM

(12-21-2017 09:30 AM)Fish Wrote:  I really don't know what to make of this FIU team. Very hit or miss. They seem to get up for big games, so that makes me feel better. The team improved as the season went on (compare 17 points scored against FCS Alcorn St. to 63 against UMass in the last game of the season). FIU has also played well in the role of the underdog this season, as Vegas has repeatedly shown FIU no love. I think Temple's athleticism will give FIU's defense trouble and I see this being a high scoring game. When Temple made the QB switch, they played much better.

Let's go out with a win and set the program record for wins in a season 04-cheers

Well, they better get up for this one...

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - beefcake0520 - 12-21-2017 10:26 AM

(12-21-2017 08:14 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(12-21-2017 07:24 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  

-Temple is only 6-6

Well the prior two seasons bowl wins vs. South Florida and Memphis more than makes up for the egg we dropped this season...

No doubt, amazing what a different coach brings and takes away. Hope you guys get back on track, had the talent to be more than 6-6 and definitely had the talent to lay it on Ga State.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - beefcake0520 - 12-21-2017 10:30 AM

(12-21-2017 09:30 AM)Fish Wrote:  I really don't know what to make of this FIU team. Very hit or miss. They seem to get up for big games, so that makes me feel better. The team improved as the season went on (compare 17 points scored against FCS Alcorn St. to 63 against UMass in the last game of the season). FIU has also played well in the role of the underdog this season, as Vegas has repeatedly shown FIU no love. I think Temple's athleticism will give FIU's defense trouble and I see this being a high scoring game. When Temple made the QB switch, they played much better.

Well, the way I see it is your program is learning to win, Butch was just the guy to keep it rolling. If you can hold Marshall in check, you will be fine with Temple. Every team almost has a WTF loss every year. That when you know you have a good coach, that they can come back and win a game they are supposed to win. You aren't favored by Vegas, BUT in my mind you are favored tonight, even the AAC fanboys are conceding that.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - FIU Panther Fan - 12-21-2017 10:47 AM

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - wkuhilltopperfan - 12-21-2017 01:55 PM

I have been pretty hard on FAU and FIU , both schools have huge potential but have been without the leadership in athletics to make it happen. Both made massive strides this season with big gun hires and immediately have put themselves on the map. Good luck against Temple tonight and i would love to see a repeat of the last few games and give them a good beat down.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - TampaTom - 12-21-2017 03:00 PM

Feel like Temple may surprise, but FIU on paper is the better team.

Might be a fun game to watch.

RE: FIU vs. Temple (Gasparilla Bowl) - Fish - 12-21-2017 07:41 PM

Let’s go Panthers!!!!