CSNbbs
**** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** (/thread-835731.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

**** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - EagleX - 12-01-2017 11:55 PM

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - shere khan - 12-02-2017 12:00 AM

People about to get to keep more of their money. Let's see how that goes over with voters. No democrats helped.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - EagleX - 12-02-2017 12:07 AM

(12-02-2017 12:00 AM)shere khan Wrote:  People about to get to keep more of their money. Let's see how that goes over with voters. No democrats helped.

the central government is NOT the source of all social beneficence.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - EagleX - 12-02-2017 12:12 AM

the democrats use weasel words, like:

Quote:"fighting for working families"

"we are for the middle class"

the democrats don't give a **** about the middle class.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - Kaplony - 12-02-2017 12:14 AM

[Image: 0mTRZEP.jpg]

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - EagleX - 12-02-2017 12:23 AM

we have the votes. we're going to pass it.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - oliveandblue - 12-02-2017 12:53 AM

I remember seeing a chart for this tax bill that showed that you don't really see benefits until you exceed $50k/year. From like 50-150k it's a very mild savings, and then it goes wild at about 150k or so.

Those making between 5k-35k are getting the short end of the stick.

Seasonal and part-time workers are going to get crushed. Small business owners and professionals won't feel a thing. Big honchos buy a new boat.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - Mr_XcentricK - 12-02-2017 12:56 AM

(12-02-2017 12:53 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I remember seeing a chart for this tax bill that showed that you don't really see benefits until you exceed $50k/year. From like 50-150k it's a very mild savings, and then it goes wild at about 150k or so.

Saves a tad now while they bilk us other areas. And we are going to end up paying for it later.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - Bull_Is_Back - 12-02-2017 01:01 AM

(12-02-2017 12:53 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I remember seeing a chart for this tax bill that showed that you don't really see benefits until you exceed $50k/year. From like 50-150k it's a very mild savings, and then it goes wild at about 150k or so.

How much in federal taxes does a family of four with a household income of 30K a year pay?

How much in federal taxes does a family of four with an income of 150K pay?

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - shere khan - 12-02-2017 01:37 AM

Seasonal and part-time workers are going to get crushed. Small business owners and professionals won't feel a thing. Big honchos buy a new boat.

Do you remember how many people were layed off and how the pleasure boat industry was practically killed when there was a big luxury tax on boats.

Class warfare wont hurt the rich. We've seen this before.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - EagleX - 12-02-2017 01:40 AM

you can't hurt the "rich" without hurting the middle class.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - stinkfist - 12-02-2017 04:54 AM

(12-02-2017 01:01 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

How much in federal taxes does a family of four with a household income of 30K a year pay?

How much in federal taxes does a family of four with an income of 150K pay?

XACLY!

their counter arguments weigh less than helium....

I realized long ago it's pointless to argue macro economics with the subsidized.....

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - MemTigers1998 - 12-02-2017 05:43 AM

I think this is what they call #winning

But but but......
Trump can’t get anything done
Muh RESISTANCE
Muh NEVER TRUMP
#notmytaxreform

Grab your signs, pink p—sy hats and bike locks! It’s time to march on Trump Tower!!

**** GOP tax reform passes the toughest hurdle in the senate **** - JMUDunk - 12-02-2017 05:57 AM

You’re just flat wrong on so many fronts I doubt you’ve even looked at this.
Check out the S Corp tax reduction, LLCs as well.

The personal/individual (whatever they call it) exemption has been DOUBLED. You make money? Married? Your first xxx$$$ are now tax Free.

Not sure what tax reduction you want for people that don’t pay taxes, but I guess you can get creative with that.

Look up who actually PAYS taxes. Who is pulling this lil red wagon, and who the vast majority of free riders sitting in the wagon are.

It’s all pretty simple, really. Basic math stuffs...

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - Paul M - 12-02-2017 07:51 AM

Boggles the mind how people think new/more jobs and higher pay and lower prices aren't helping the lower earners.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - Fo Shizzle - 12-02-2017 08:23 AM

I call fabrics. The doubling of the standard deduction gives that bottom tier a cut. It looks like something in this for everyone. My problem with it is the lack of spending cuts that should come along with tax cuts.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - JDTulane - 12-02-2017 08:36 AM

Passed aroundobpy hours before hand with hand written ******* notes i n some of the margins. A ******* disgrace.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - EverRespect - 12-02-2017 08:42 AM

(12-02-2017 08:36 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Passed aroundobpy hours before hand with hand written ******* notes i n some of the margins. A ******* disgrace.
Less a disgrace than welshing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - bullet - 12-02-2017 08:52 AM

Those making 5k to 35k are barely paying taxes now.

RE: **** GOP tax reform passes the senate **** - bullet - 12-02-2017 08:57 AM

(12-02-2017 05:43 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I think this is what they call #winning

But but but......
Trump can’t get anything done
Muh RESISTANCE
Muh NEVER TRUMP
#notmytaxreform

Grab your signs, pink p—sy hats and bike locks! It’s time to march on Trump Tower!!

They haven't gotten it passed yet. It still has to get reconciled with the House and then pass both again.

I'm unhappy they left the AMT. Just get rid of the preferences!!!! Then you have no reason for an AMT. Right now, the AMT is pretty much targeted at the upper middle class. The rich have a higher bracket and aren't impacted by the 28%.

I'm not thrilled with the reductions for pass through businesses. As I understand that, it is creating a lower rate for business owners than people with salaries. That just seems like another preference item that will create major compliance issues as people try to make themselves a "business."

Still, the simplification that is there was necessary.