CSNbbs
Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach (/thread-835692.html)

Pages: 1 2

Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 06:02 PM

Clemson beats Miami. Wisconsin beats OSU. Oklahoma beats TCU. And . . . unfortunately Auburn beats Georgia. So Clemson, Wisconsin, OK and Auburn in the playoff.

Memphis upsets UCF.

And Arkansas hires away Mike Norvell on Sunday. (Hope I'm wrong.)

What say you?

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - brooksvb - 12-01-2017 06:07 PM

I live in Little Rock. Local sports talk (103.7) reporting both Norvell and Venables not “viable” candidates. Heard this during the drive home broadcast.

and Memphis wins.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 06:08 PM

(12-01-2017 06:07 PM)brooksvb Wrote:  I live in Little Rock. Local sports talk (103.7) reporting both Norvell and Venables not “viable” candidates. Heard this during the drive home broadcast.

and Memphis wins.

Hope you are right. On both counts. No CFP prediction?

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - fishman6581 - 12-01-2017 06:15 PM

I only give you two. Memphis wins by a TD. Frost has his office cleaned out by halftime. Arkansas is gonna hire Mike Leach.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigerbrother - 12-01-2017 06:26 PM

Could it be that Sexton has told other schools that Norvell has reached an agreement with Memphis and is committed? He, therefore, would not be a candidate for an open position.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 06:30 PM

(12-01-2017 06:26 PM)Tigerbrother Wrote:  Could it be that Sexton has told other schools that Norvell has reached an agreement with Memphis and is committed? He, therefore, would not be a candidate for an open position.

Memphis has been negotiating an extension with Coach Norvell since the UCLA game. Could have been completed and signed at any time. Bill Clark and UAB did this a month ago, and you haven't heard Clark's name for any of these job openings.

Just hope for Auburn to lose tomorrow.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigerbrother - 12-01-2017 06:33 PM

(12-01-2017 06:30 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 06:26 PM)Tigerbrother Wrote:  Could it be that Sexton has told other schools that Norvell has reached an agreement with Memphis and is committed? He, therefore, would not be a candidate for an open position.

Memphis has been negotiating an extension with Coach Norvell since the UCLA game. Could have been completed and signed at any time. Bill Clark and UAB did this a month ago, and you haven't heard Clark's name for any of these job openings.

I married into the Auburn family. Can't do that. However, the SEC championship is going to be a war. Gus has the power to screw it up bigly. Believe me.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 06:36 PM

(12-01-2017 06:33 PM)Tigerbrother Wrote:  

I married into the Auburn family. Can't do that. However, the SEC championship is going to be a war. Gus has the power to screw it up bigly. Believe me.

I know. But double digit wins against two #1 teams in 3 weeks has convinced me. Both were at home, so maybe that mitigates the accomplish a bit.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigerbrother - 12-01-2017 06:44 PM

The joke before the iron bowl was: "Alabama has a secret weapon for this game and only this game. His name is Gus."

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - chrisd11 - 12-01-2017 06:47 PM

Dude, if any high level school wanted Bill Clark they could have him merely by paying the piddly 500k buyout I'm sure his agent put in his contract.

The same thing with Norvell. I hope he stays another year but you can guarantee his buyout will be so low he can leave asap.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 06:55 PM

(12-01-2017 06:47 PM)chrisd11 Wrote:  

Dude, if any high level school wanted Bill Clark they could have him merely by paying the piddly 500k buyout I'm sure his agent put in his contract.

The same thing with Norvell. I hope he stays another year but you can guarantee his buyout will be so low he can leave asap.

Totally missing the point. Buyouts are totally irrelavent. SEC schools are flush with money, any buyout Bill Clark or Norvell would sign is a rounding error for them. Arkansas is paying $12M for Bielma to go away, or more for AD Long. Think they care about a $2M buyout for Norvell? If coach Norvell would ever agree to a $2M buyout. Forget about buyouts, they mean nothing.

Point is Coach Norvell does not want to sign an extension with Memphis, and then leave a month later. Like Coach Fuente did not want to sign the extension and leave a month later. Bill Clark signed his, telling everyone that he is not on the market this season. Norvell did not.

If Malzahn goes to Arkansas, chances are the Coach Norvell will sign the extension. But there is a reason he has not.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - chrisd11 - 12-01-2017 07:00 PM

If Tennessee wanted Bill Clark, they would have Bill Clark.

If FSU wanted Bill Clark, they would have Bill Clark.

Bill Clark signing a contract with UAB is irrelevant to whether he leaves UAB TODAY or not.

It is however an honorable thing for Norvell to do....not signing our contract until he knows if he's for sure gonna stay another year though.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - cotton1991 - 12-01-2017 07:50 PM

What, Tiger basketball banished from the weekend prediction thread? Wonder what the line is with Mercer.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - RCM1029 - 12-01-2017 07:52 PM

Clemson
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Georgia

Memphis - 48
UCF - 35

Mike Leach

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - shere khan - 12-01-2017 07:56 PM

Don't care

We win

Don't care

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - Tigx - 12-01-2017 08:00 PM

(12-01-2017 07:50 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  What, Tiger basketball banished from the weekend prediction thread? Wonder what the line is with Mercer.

You’re right Cotton, my bad, forgot.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - eltigre - 12-01-2017 08:08 PM

(12-01-2017 06:02 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Clemson beats Miami. Wisconsin beats OSU. Oklahoma beats TCU. And . . . unfortunately Auburn beats Georgia. So Clemson, Wisconsin, OK and Auburn in the playoff.

Memphis upsets UCF.

And Arkansas hires away Mike Norvell on Sunday. (Hope I'm wrong.)

What say you?

Clemson wins
Ohio St wins
OKLA wins
Auburn wins

Bama will slide in with this scenario since the CFP committee left them at 5.

Memphis wins

Norvell stays

Eltigre drinks a celebratory bourbon and shops for peach Bowl tickets

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - presskh - 12-01-2017 08:10 PM

(12-01-2017 06:33 PM)Tigerbrother Wrote:  

It’s hard to beat a team, especially a good team like Georgia, twice in the same year. Particularly considering how Auburn embarrassed them earlier in the year plus the fact that their main backs are injured. If Auburn loses tomorrow, I wouldn’t consider it Gus’s “fault”.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - cotton1991 - 12-01-2017 08:20 PM

(12-01-2017 08:00 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 07:50 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  What, Tiger basketball banished from the weekend prediction thread? Wonder what the line is with Mercer.

You’re right Cotton, my bad, forgot.

Lol, I did too actually until I saw the schedule on the AAC board.

RE: Weekend Predictions Anyone? 4 in Playoff / UCF-Memphis / Arkansas Coach - tigerderek - 12-01-2017 08:26 PM

(12-01-2017 06:55 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 06:47 PM)chrisd11 Wrote:  

Totally missing the point. Buyouts are totally irrelavent. SEC schools are flush with money, any buyout Bill Clark or Norvell would sign is a rounding error for them. Arkansas is paying $12M for Bielma to go away, or more for AD Long. Think they care about a $2M buyout for Norvell? If coach Norvell would ever agree to a $2M buyout. Forget about buyouts, they mean nothing.

Point is Coach Norvell does not want to sign an extension with Memphis, and then leave a month later. Like Coach Fuente did not want to sign the extension and leave a month later. Bill Clark signed his, telling everyone that he is not on the market this season. Norvell did not.

If Malzahn goes to Arkansas, chances are the Coach Norvell will sign the extension. But there is a reason he has not.

Exactly and it's obvious what he's doing even a blind man could see what's going on...doesn't mean he hates it here but I wouldn't blame him even though I think he should wait on something better if he can get a 3 mill deal here cause I'd give him 5 year there then he gone...jmo