CSNbbs
Ray Watts - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Ray Watts (/thread-834881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ray Watts - BlazerGreen - 11-25-2017 09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure in the next week or so Watts will send out a university wide email praising Coach Clark and the team and thanking himself and then all the community for the unprecedented level of support for football. Well, all I've got to say is...

SUCK IT WATTS!

It's KILLING him that UAB football won 8 games. His master to the west is probably sitting right now sipping bourbon and plotting revenge on UAB for that loss tonight.

Do us all a favor and resign Watts so we can fully move on from your reign of error.

RE: Ray Watts - UAB Band Dad - 11-25-2017 11:00 PM

We won today, and bammer lost to AU. The old time Blazer fan in me expects something crappy to happen to us, because this is when they traditionally kick the dog.

RE: Ray Watts - BlazerGreen - 11-26-2017 08:34 AM

(11-25-2017 11:00 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  We won today, and bammer lost to AU. The old time Blazer fan in me expects something crappy to happen to us, because this is when they traditionally kick the dog.

I find joy in the fact I woke up this morning happy, while to the west Sauron slithered from his sarcophagus fully miserable. He's probably on the phone right now to his counterparts at Ole Miss, "Look, if you take him I'll throw in $5 million and shave ten points off each of the next three Bammer-Ole Miss games."

You know they haven't given up and left us alone for good. Bryant and his acolytes are part of the corrupt, rotting carcass known as Alabama politics. I hope there aren't any photos of Coach Clark pretending to fondle anything or creepy yearbook passages he wishes he could take back.

RE: Ray Watts - cb4029 - 11-26-2017 09:11 AM

2015 should have been our best DI season. Jr. and Ray have to be sick, knowing they couldn't prevent our success. Plus Bama got embarrassed. I love it.

RE: Ray Watts - the_blazerman - 11-26-2017 09:17 AM

Watts actually has been placed in a spot where he can't do anything but do nothing for the most part.
Income flowing in left & right due to increased merchandise sales, wins on the field, wins off the field, etc.
The guy can't even step foot in front of anyone at an athletic event.

RE: Ray Watts - UAB Band Dad - 11-26-2017 10:10 AM

He's in the President's seats at Bartow fairly routinely... at least till halftime. It's not unusual for him to go to the Green and Gold and not return, but he does go to MBB games.

RE: Ray Watts - BlazerGreen - 11-26-2017 10:31 AM

(11-26-2017 09:17 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Watts actually has been placed in a spot where he can't do anything but do nothing for the most part.
Income flowing in left & right due to increased merchandise sales, wins on the field, wins off the field, etc.
The guy can't even step foot in front of anyone at an athletic event.

I hope not. But somehow I imagine it's quite different at events on the Medical side of campus.

He seems have been neutered but the "do nothing" part sucks too. College presidents have a huge role in the business of college athletics. We need a president out there actively representing our interests. Is Watts working as hard as he can to make the stadium happen? Would he even consider a move to the AAC ? I have a hard time having any confidence in his efforts.

RE: Ray Watts - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 11-26-2017 11:09 AM

There are signs that the present system BOT may be more supportive of developing UAB revenue sports. Like with an athletic team, the line up of the BOT changes over time - so too does its behavior. Right now I will be happy with tolerance and staying the Hell out of our way.

RE: Ray Watts - bladhmadh - 11-26-2017 12:34 PM

(11-26-2017 11:09 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  There are signs that the present system BOT may be more supportive of developing UAB revenue sports. Like with an athletic team, the line up of the BOT changes over time - so too does its behavior. Right now I will be happy with tolerance and staying the Hell out of our way.

they are not more supportive. the change is now UAB athletics has some people behind it with enough influence to prevent the BOT from doing their worst.

RE: Ray Watts - the_blazerman - 11-26-2017 12:46 PM

Yes. We have them now by their kiwis.

RE: Ray Watts - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 11-26-2017 03:45 PM

(11-26-2017 12:34 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 11:09 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  There are signs that the present system BOT may be more supportive of developing UAB revenue sports. Like with an athletic team, the line up of the BOT changes over time - so too does its behavior. Right now I will be happy with tolerance and staying the Hell out of our way.

they are not more supportive. the change is now UAB athletics has some people behind it with enough influence to prevent the BOT from doing their worst.

Just keep in mind that whenever Watts leaves, his replacement will be named by those same BOT "powers that be" at that time. We can hope their objectives have changed then from when Watts was chosen.

RE: Ray Watts - FNblazer - 11-26-2017 09:14 PM

(11-26-2017 09:11 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  2015 should have been our best DI season. Jr. and Ray have to be sick, knowing they couldn't prevent our success. Plus Bama got embarrassed. I love it.

Their critical error was not pulling the plug after 2014 during peak apathy.

RE: Ray Watts - the_blazerman - 11-26-2017 09:17 PM

Yep, Mackin almost caused the long term ending of the program.

Little did he know that Garrick McGee had the personality & coaching ability of a sweat sock.

Up until Mackin's hiring of McGee UAB could exclusively blame the BOT for holding us back.

The 2 McGee years did not do us any favors.

RE: Ray Watts - UAB Band Dad - 11-26-2017 09:20 PM

(11-26-2017 12:46 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Yes. We have them now by their kiwis.

I don't buy that. We are, however, no longer lying on our back with their foot on our throat. We have boosters with enough money and power to register on the BoT's radar. They can no longer do as they wish when they wish with little attention paid and few consequences.

Don't overestimate how safe we are, because those guys are masters of the back room dagger attack. That said, we've got a lot more strength, more fans, more money coming in, more season tickets sold.

We have our own big boosters who have deep pockets of their own, know many of the same people and are members of the same clubs. That helps our credibility.

RE: Ray Watts - demiveeman - 11-26-2017 09:26 PM

(11-26-2017 09:14 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 09:11 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  2015 should have been our best DI season. Jr. and Ray have to be sick, knowing they couldn't prevent our success. Plus Bama got embarrassed. I love it.

Their critical error was not pulling the plug after 2014 during peak apathy.

*after 2013.

RE: Ray Watts - the_blazerman - 11-26-2017 09:34 PM

& I don't believe any of us feel that Ray's views have changed one iota. He seems determined to still validate his decision.

RE: Ray Watts - biglizard - 11-26-2017 09:43 PM

The dumpster fire that is going on in Knoxville tonight may cost the the UTAD his job. They may come looking for an AD with experience at UT and as an AD. Sounds like someone Ray hired.

RE: Ray Watts - the_blazerman - 11-26-2017 09:47 PM

aw shucks.

RE: Ray Watts - UAB Band Dad - 11-26-2017 10:51 PM

(11-26-2017 09:43 PM)biglizard Wrote:  The dumpster fire that is going on in Knoxville tonight may cost the the UTAD his job. They may come looking for an AD with experience at UT and as an AD. Sounds like someone Ray hired.

Well, we have one who raised $45m and brought our program back from the dead. I hope that they don't try to hire him away just because he went to UT and played with Peyton.

RE: Ray Watts - Pavy78 - 11-27-2017 08:37 AM

Total conspiracy here, so don't roast me. But... has anyone else thought maybe we selected the Bahamas because the administration knew it was more expensive? Therefore, reducing the amount of money leftover from the bowl payout? Plus, it greatly limits the number of fans that would attend the bowl, given the location, price, and Christmas weekend.
They can hide behind the excuse of picking the best bowl experience for the player, which I completely understand. But, I would love to know if the Bahamas was Coach Clark's first choice, or was the decision made for him by Ingram and Watts?