CSNbbs
It’s time to honor Coach Cal - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: It’s time to honor Coach Cal (/thread-834424.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

It’s time to honor Coach Cal - BIGDTiger - 11-21-2017 09:51 PM

He did amazing things here. Yes he left. Yes he left in a horrible way. But most breakups end that way. Many of you were ready to fire him in 2005. We woulda fired him had he stunk. We both benefited from each other for a decade. Now, a decade after he left, I feel it’s time to bury the hatchet. He’s a hall of famer. That’s great PR for possible recruits as well. The place that built a legend. He has changed basketball forever. And he did it here. Think about it. Bartow left as well. And we stayed cordial to him. It’s time to bring Cal back. Retire a jersey for him. Have a section in the practice facility and the Forum dedicated to him and that 06-09 era.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - midtowncowboy - 11-21-2017 09:55 PM

(11-21-2017 09:51 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  He did amazing things here. Yes he left. Yes he left in a horrible way. But most breakups end that way. Many of you were ready to fire him in 2005. We woulda fired him had he stunk. We both benefited from each other for a decade. Now, a decade after he left, I feel it’s time to bury the hatchet. He’s a hall of famer. That’s great PR for possible recruits as well. The place that built a legend. He has changed basketball forever. And he did it here. Think about it. Bartow left as well. And we stayed cordial to him. It’s time to bring Cal back. Retire a jersey for him. Have a section in the practice facility and the Forum dedicated to him and that 06-09 era.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - MemTiger90 - 11-21-2017 09:58 PM

Cal is a legend here. He should be treated as such. Absolutely agree.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - BIGDTiger - 11-21-2017 09:58 PM

(11-21-2017 09:55 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 09:51 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  He did amazing things here. Yes he left. Yes he left in a horrible way. But most breakups end that way. Many of you were ready to fire him in 2005. We woulda fired him had he stunk. We both benefited from each other for a decade. Now, a decade after he left, I feel it’s time to bury the hatchet. He’s a hall of famer. That’s great PR for possible recruits as well. The place that built a legend. He has changed basketball forever. And he did it here. Think about it. Bartow left as well. And we stayed cordial to him. It’s time to bring Cal back. Retire a jersey for him. Have a section in the practice facility and the Forum dedicated to him and that 06-09 era.

At least we got the “show us your money” reply out of the way early. Smh. What does that even mean in this context? Lol. Walgreens has poster prints for $20. I’ll submit the order and you go pick it up for me?

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - TG4 - 11-21-2017 10:01 PM

(11-21-2017 09:58 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Cal is a legend here. He should be treated as such. Absolutely agree.

Can’t leave out Smitty.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - Tiger1983 - 11-21-2017 10:02 PM

No

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - TIGERCITY - 11-21-2017 10:07 PM

He f***ed Memphis on his way out. And just in case the job wasn't finished --- he f***ed Memphis again with his statements from Lexington re the NCAA investigation.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - midtowncowboy - 11-21-2017 10:08 PM

(11-21-2017 09:58 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

At least we got the “show us your money” reply out of the way early. Smh. What does that even mean in this context? Lol. Walgreens has poster prints for $20. I’ll submit the order and you go pick it up for me?

His leadership and accomplishments continued Memphis's legendary pursuit of being one of the most penalized programs in the NCAA. He cheated and we won. His cheating was discovered and he quit even though he was offered as much money, if not more, to stay than he was offered at KY.

Bartow left because 'Spook' Murphy didn't want to pay him and we were not placed on probation after he left.

Use your own money to "honor" him if you want too. How about you fund a section in the Forum named "Cal's co*k suc**rs". Tee shirts included with a seat purchase.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - shere khan - 11-21-2017 10:09 PM

[Image: LBsERU4.gif]

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - TallTiger - 11-21-2017 10:23 PM

No.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - BIGDTiger - 11-21-2017 10:33 PM

(11-21-2017 10:08 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 09:58 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

His leadership and accomplishments continued Memphis's legendary pursuit of being one of the most penalized programs in the NCAA. He cheated and we won. His cheating was discovered and he quit even though he was offered as much money, if not more, to stay than he was offered at KY.

Bartow left because 'Spook' Murphy didn't want to pay him and we were not placed on probation after he left.

Use your own money to "honor" him if you want too. How about you fund a section in the Forum named "Cal's co*k suc**rs". Tee shirts included with a seat purchase.

[Image: 16mOj.gif]

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - 3rdgenerationtiger - 11-21-2017 10:44 PM

**** Calipari. And the horse he rode out of town on.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - 80sTiger - 11-21-2017 10:52 PM

I'd choose a different word than 'honor'.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - BIGDTiger - 11-21-2017 11:02 PM

(11-21-2017 10:52 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  I'd choose a different word than 'honor'.

How bout Remember. Or Recognize. Or commemorate. Or Mummify

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - MTigerBlue - 11-21-2017 11:06 PM

(11-21-2017 11:02 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

I can go with mummify.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - shere khan - 11-21-2017 11:37 PM

(11-21-2017 11:02 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

How about an imaginary trophy commemorating his vacated wins.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - HometownTiger - 11-21-2017 11:39 PM

I agree with the OP. It was an ugly breakup, but the good times outweigh that IMO.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - On To Victory - 11-21-2017 11:42 PM

Hell no.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - bluebacker - 11-22-2017 12:00 AM

Nah.

RE: It’s time to honor Coach Cal - Nobody4Prez - 11-22-2017 12:10 AM

I agree with the OP in some regard.

However, I would contend we should take any money we planned to use to honor Cal to buy out the current staff.

Spending money in Honoring Cal isn’t gonna help us

Take the money to honor Cal and throw it at a coach to ignite our present and future program.