CSNbbs
Toledo predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Toledo predictions (/thread-834388.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Toledo predictions - Hoekjeness - 11-21-2017 04:00 PM

Can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this game yet, but I guess that's more of an indictment on the kind of season we've had.

Toledo is favored by -13.5... Franklin should get his... Hard to predict what Goddard will look like but I thought he showed some flashes last week in a difficult situation. Our defense is shredded with injuries so I imagine Woodside will pick us apart pretty much at will.

Weird things have happened in this game in years past, but I just don't see it happening this time around. Toledo is the better team.

Rockettes 34
WMU 14

RE: Toledo predictions - ColinApocalypse - 11-21-2017 04:13 PM

Goddard has improved game-to-game. Franklin always gives 110% and it'll be his last regular season game ever. Gotta think he'll go beast mode.

But way, way too many injuries for this game to be competitive in the 4th quarter. We're on life support at WR, RB and safety.

I expect our "tough guys" to give it their all...Franklin, Ernsberger, Spillane...but it won't be enough.

If this team were healthy, our strengths match up well with their weaknesses (see the Ohio game). Unfortunate that we won't be able to see that "what if" scenario.

Toledo - 42
WMU - 24

RE: Toledo predictions - Motown Bronco - 11-21-2017 04:29 PM

I think on adrenaline it'll be fairly close for the first half. So UT 17-13 at the half. And then Toledo rolls away in the second half. UT 41-20.

Weather not an issue: Mostly sunny, 40s.

RE: Toledo predictions - schwebbs84 - 11-21-2017 05:20 PM

Toledo 66
WMU 20

RE: Toledo predictions - Chipdip2 - 11-21-2017 05:38 PM

(11-21-2017 05:20 PM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  Toledo 66
WMU 20

It’s a prediction thread, not what you’re hoping will happen.
#Fleckdashian

RE: Toledo predictions - flushtheherd - 11-21-2017 06:43 PM

If what I am hearing is true with regard to some of the players "giving up" on the season my prediction will likely be heavy on Toledo points and light on WMU points...

I don't really believe that... I don't believe a group of young men battle tested together and lead by a guy like Jarvion Franklin will give up... and anyone who may have "given up" being sat down by coaches might just be a good thing for this team...

I don't think we get blown out for a half ... I don't think we look fabulous by any means... I think this game looks very similar to the NIU game. For a half.

We are down another two ... yes TWO starting WR's... in Curtis and Watson... so I don't see this going well for us down the stretch... Losing Clark on the DL is going to be disastrous...

WMU - 14
Toledo - 38

RE: Toledo predictions - RunningGame - 11-21-2017 07:06 PM

I think it's going to be a lot closer than you all predict, especially if Toledo stupidly kicks the ball to Darius and plays back on defense the first half. Deep down Toledo knows they choke in these situations.

RE: Toledo predictions - MileHighBronco - 11-21-2017 08:14 PM

Our senior class is 2 - 1 against UT. I know that most of them have to be motivated to go out 3 - 1 against them. Is that enough? I doubt it.
Toledo does have weaknesses, such as their defense but we don't have the offense to exploit those.

Unless we find out that some of our young guys are really something special on Friday through their play, our chances of winning this one are slim to none. I agree with Colin above. Would have loved to see this game with both teams healthy.

Western 21
Toledo 49

RE: Toledo predictions - Stampede your face!! - 11-21-2017 08:38 PM

Toledo 49-24

RE: Toledo predictions - schwebbs84 - 11-21-2017 08:53 PM

(11-21-2017 05:38 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
WMU 20

#Fleckdashian

That's not what I hope will happen. That's based on a fundamentally sound understanding of the game of football and what Toledo is capable of. Given our lack of depth currently at safety, I won't be surprised if Woodside chucks it deep all game.

I could care less about P.J. Fleck, but it seems like you care a lot now that he gets to be mentioned in the same sentence as John Gill, Bill Doolittle, and Al Molde. Deal with it.

RE: Toledo predictions - wmubroncopilot - 11-21-2017 08:56 PM

WMU 20

#Fleckdashian

So, exactly why are you here? You have a wonderful message board that you and DB run, everyone here is a Fleck apologist, and you are certainly way smarter than all of us. Seems odd that you waste so much time here.

RE: Toledo predictions - flushtheherd - 11-21-2017 09:00 PM

Our defense this week needs to get to Woodside... period. If we give Woodside the kind of time we have given nearly every team so far this season we are going to get torched. I worry that we may give up more yardage in PI penalties than Toledo actually gets legitimately....

RE: Toledo predictions - brovol - 11-21-2017 09:26 PM

Does anyone know why the game is at 11:30? I don't mind it starting early, but was curious why.

RE: Toledo predictions - flushtheherd - 11-21-2017 09:30 PM

(11-21-2017 09:26 PM)brovol Wrote:  Does anyone know why the game is at 11:30? I don't mind it starting early, but was curious why.

I think it has to do with the holiday weekend... Friday is still considered part of the holiday weekend and there is likely some college basketball game that needed to be broadcast later.

RE: Toledo predictions - Chipdip2 - 11-21-2017 10:07 PM

(11-21-2017 08:56 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
WMU 20

#Fleckdashian

So, exactly why are you here? You have a wonderful message board that you and DB run, everyone here is a Fleck apologist, and you are certainly way smarter than all of us. Seems odd that you waste so much time here.

Calm down Metro Fitz 03-shhhh

RE: Toledo predictions - ColinApocalypse - 11-21-2017 10:41 PM

The depth chart for this week shows just how much youth we are dealing with.

4 true freshmen is starting positions - Goddard, Sanders, Arnett, Grant
8 true freshmen in the overall two deep - Goddard, Sanders, Arnett, Grant, Hayward, Fayad, Holley, Thomas
10 underclassmen in starting positions.
26 underclassmen on the two deep.

RE: Toledo predictions - wmubroncopilot - 11-21-2017 10:50 PM

(11-21-2017 10:07 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 08:56 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
WMU 20

#Fleckdashian

Calm down Metro Fitz 03-shhhh

Everyone is calm, Dan. And everyone knows who I am, nor do I have anything to hide, so I'm all set on you "outing" me.

RE: Toledo predictions - sdsly - 11-21-2017 11:20 PM

I was at the Toledo game two years ago when we pulled the upset. Don’t think that is happening this time around. I thought this was a losable game back when we were full strength. With all the injuries I am afraid it might be ugly. I hope they prove me wrong, but I will go with:

Toledo: 34
WMU: 14

RE: Toledo predictions - Boca Rocket - 11-22-2017 12:37 AM

(11-21-2017 10:41 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The depth chart for this week shows just how much youth we are dealing with.

8 true freshmen in the overall two deep - Goddard, Sanders, Arnett, Grant, Hayward, Fayad, Holley, Thomas

Toledo:

Starters:
10 Srs
5 Jrs
7 Sophs
2nd Units:
6 Srs
2 Jrs
11 Sophs
3 Frs
12 underclassmen starters
28 underclassmen on two deep
Starters missing: 2 OL 1 WR 1 DE

RE: Toledo predictions - brovol - 11-22-2017 06:13 AM

(11-22-2017 12:37 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 10:41 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  The depth chart for this week shows just how much youth we are dealing with.

Toledo:

Starters:
10 Srs
5 Jrs
7 Sophs
2nd Units:
6 Srs
2 Jrs
11 Sophs
3 Frs
12 underclassmen starters
28 underclassmen on two deep
Starters missing: 2 OL 1 WR 1 DE

That does put things in perspective a bit. At this time of the year just about everyone can add up the injuries they have had, and lost players for the season. Conditioning and good trainers are a key component to any team staying healthy. Some losses are just bad luck, and others can sometimes be prevented. Regardless, every team can provide a list of players who are out, as well as walking wounded. We had injuries last year too, and the year before, and the year before.

If I am reading this correctly, Toledo is in worse shape with injuries, and is playing more underclassmen then we are. On good teams Replacements seize the opportunity to play, step up, and in a lot of cases turn out to be better than the person they replaced. I'm not saying that should happen, but it certainly does happen frequently. Look what happened when we played Buffalo, and they play their backup quarterback. That kid threw the ball all over the place, and accurately. Didn't use some simplified offense where they assumed he needed to hand the ball off and only pass when he had to.

Football is a team sport, with a lot of players on the field. Between the two teams you may have 80 players in a game. Injuries happen, and you try to mitigate each injury as best you can. It is very much a part of every game in virtually every sport. Teams that are losing tend to talk about it more then teams that are winning.