CSNbbs
AAC in full CYA mode. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: AAC in full CYA mode. (/thread-834149.html)

Pages: 1 2

AAC in full CYA mode. - ncrdbl1 - 11-19-2017 06:50 PM

They are now claiming the targeting was not for the block on the kicker but another block that was not seen on replay.

If that is true then they expect us to believe that 37 had two take out blocks on the same play since it was 37 that laid the block on the kicker and it was 37 that was ejected.

Come on AAC do not piss on my shoes and tell me it is raining. Be man enough to admit your officials screwed up.

The AAC office and head of officials need to remember Watergate was not about the break in, it was about the cover up that followed..

https://twitter.com/JackMacCFB/status/931953614653857793?s=17

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - Chi-Town - 11-19-2017 06:53 PM

(11-19-2017 06:50 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  They are now claiming the targeting was not for the block on the kicker but another block that was not seen on replay.

If that is true then they expect us to believe that 37 had two take out blocks on the same play since it was 37 that laid the block on the kicker and it was 37 that was ejected.

Come on AAC do not piss on my shoes and tell me it is raining. Be man enough to admit your officials screwed up.

The AAC office and head of officials need to remember Watergate was not about the break in, it was about the cover up that followed..

Uh, that would be true. The announcers pointed it out on a long range camera view. It was hard to see, but the kicker is the second guy he took out, and supposedly the review official in their booth pointed it out to them at halftime so they acquiesced.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - ncrdbl1 - 11-19-2017 06:57 PM

(11-19-2017 06:53 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 06:50 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  They are now claiming the targeting was not for the block on the kicker but another block that was not seen on replay.

Uh, that would be true. The announcers pointed it out on a long range camera view. It was hard to see, but the kicker is the second guy he took out, and supposedly the review official in their booth pointed it out to them at halftime so they acquiesced.

Have you ever tried to make two take out blocks with in a few seconds of each other??? They showed a long range video which you cannot tell what is happening to try and support their claim. If that was another guy as they claim then he would not have been in position to block the kicker.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - ShilohTiger - 11-19-2017 06:58 PM

In the long shot, you can see the flag on the ground before 37 takes out the kicker

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - Mimi - 11-19-2017 07:04 PM

In other words the AAC is correct.

Lighten up Francis.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - ADallasTiger - 11-19-2017 07:05 PM

The call was correct. There absolutely was targeting. But as stated above stated on a long range camera. No issues there.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - BandwagonJumper - 11-19-2017 07:10 PM

just let him go guys, he's on a roll

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - holyterror - 11-19-2017 07:13 PM

News flash:it was the germans

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - ncrdbl1 - 11-19-2017 07:40 PM

(11-19-2017 07:04 PM)Mimi Wrote:  In other words the AAC is correct.

Lighten up Francis.

Actually it was not as he did not lead with his helmet and the replay official HIMSELF said they COULD NOT tell if it was targeting or not so they could not over turn it.

So you are making an assumption based on video in which the replay official himself said was inconclusive. .

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - tigerderek - 11-19-2017 07:47 PM

I see **** like that in every kickoff in football...we all know it wasn't the kicker and them stupid mfers should just sack groceries at Kroger.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - Pastnerized - 11-19-2017 07:48 PM

What the replay official said was that there was targeting.
Since the targeting was called on 37, 37 was ejected, as from that long camera capture of the targeting, they could not tell that it was someone OTHER than 37.

Although, as incredible pointed out, there's no way 37 could have made the targeting play and the play on the kicker.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - snowtiger - 11-19-2017 07:50 PM

I couldn't figure out how our 37 guy popped up and ran to get the kicker too.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - memphistiger89 - 11-19-2017 08:06 PM

I was pretty livid when they showed the block on the kicker. The wide view does show #37 make a block before he got up and blocked the kicker. However, the initial block was very questionable as far as targeting goes. It looks like our guy just made a good block, leading with his facemark and not with the crown of his helmet.

A much worse call was the roughing the QB on the clean tackle and then immediately flagging Norvell when he protested. They pretty much gave SMU a touchdown on that drive and kept them in the game at that point.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - ShilohTiger - 11-19-2017 08:13 PM

(11-19-2017 07:47 PM)tigerderek Wrote:  I see **** like that in every kickoff in football...we all know it wasn't the kicker and them stupid mfers should just sack groceries at Kroger.

That’s the point. A block like that occurs on every kickoff. It’s not blindside as you can see the gunner flinch and hunker down to take the hit. Just drop kickoffs altogether or suspend these referees. Can’t live in inbetween land.....

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - tigerderek - 11-19-2017 08:26 PM

I'm in the wrong profession...this sport in this conference u can get paid for being really fkn bad at your job.

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - snowtiger - 11-19-2017 08:28 PM

They're not babydolls!

-- so said the tee vee guy

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - Chi-Town - 11-19-2017 11:14 PM

(11-19-2017 07:40 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 07:04 PM)Mimi Wrote:  In other words the AAC is correct.

Lighten up Francis.

Actually it was not as he did not lead with his helmet and the replay official HIMSELF said they COULD NOT tell if it was targeting or not so they could not over turn it.

So you are making an assumption based on video in which the replay official himself said was inconclusive. .

First you say it is not possible, then when shown video evidence that it is indeed what occurred, you resort to...yeah, but...but...but....here is where you say, OK, I was wrong.....

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - MGR - 11-20-2017 12:58 AM

Espnnews games obviously don't have as many camera angles as some others

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - bubbapt - 11-20-2017 08:35 AM

(11-19-2017 07:10 PM)BandwagonJumper Wrote:  just let him go guys, he's on a roll

That looked painful. Was the SMU player okay?

RE: AAC in full CYA mode. - Mimi - 11-20-2017 09:29 AM

Again...the DEFINITION of targeting.