CSNbbs
Savannah Games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Savannah Games (/thread-834057.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Savannah Games - tke75hawk - 11-25-2017 08:25 PM

35 -35 At half

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Savannah Games - solohawks - 11-25-2017 08:56 PM

Just turned it on. Sounds like we are playing some defense tonight

RE: Savannah Games - billthebighawksfan - 11-25-2017 09:09 PM

Cacok gets his 4th foul with UNCW up 1 now down 8.

RE: Savannah Games - solohawks - 11-25-2017 09:17 PM

Sounds like we are fouling a ton more too.

RE: Savannah Games - billthebighawksfan - 11-25-2017 09:24 PM

It's been a really good game.

RE: Savannah Games - Seahawkhoops - 11-25-2017 09:37 PM

Looks like a much better game on the defensive end. That’s positive. We won’t win many games with Talley and Cacock going 6-24 from the field. It happens.

RE: Savannah Games - billthebighawksfan - 11-25-2017 09:40 PM

Hawks lose the game tonight, but played much better tonight, just couldn't make shots tonight. Good effort today! Crazy stat tonight...Valpo with only 3 assists today. They won't go far like that, but they definitely play great defense. Hawks need to cut down on the turnovers.

RE: Savannah Games - solohawks - 11-25-2017 10:48 PM

I hope they can build from this game. Definitely a winnable game tonight which is an improvement from Friday. Really need to beat ECU

RE: Savannah Games - B_Hawk06 - 11-26-2017 06:10 AM

Missed the game due to work, but nice to read here that the defense improved and the game was close. Any details on the types of defenses we ran, etc? Interested to know if there was a significant coaching adjustment, if the guys locked in, size matchup a little more equal, etc?

RE: Savannah Games - billthebighawksfan - 11-26-2017 09:54 AM

CG,It sounded like they were more active last night and had the same starting lineup. They did substitute a bit more as guys were busting it harder. Kalina got some earlier minutes and did some decent things. Bryan worked hard and played well on his birthday. They did go bigger with Gary at PG off the bench. All in all it was ton more effort tonight. It sounded like everybody was all in but they just couldn't score enough against that great Valpo defense. It sounded like Richmond, Taylor,Gary (diving for balls-LOVE it!) and Estime were playing better and active (of course Talley and Cacok are active). I can live with this overall effort all day long and 2x on Sunday. Speaking of that, I've got to get to church! Hope that helps....

RE: Savannah Games - B_Hawk06 - 11-26-2017 10:25 AM

(11-26-2017 09:54 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  CG,It sounded like they were more active last night and had the same starting lineup. They did substitute a bit more as guys were busting it harder. Kalina got some earlier minutes and did some decent things. Bryan worked hard and played well on his birthday. They did go bigger with Gary at PG off the bench. All in all it was ton more effort tonight. It sounded like everybody was all in but they just couldn't score enough against that great Valpo defense. It sounded like Richmond, Taylor,Gary (diving for balls-LOVE it!) and Estime were playing better and active (of course Talley and Cacok are active). I can live with this overall effort all day long and 2x on Sunday. Speaking of that, I've got to get to church! Hope that helps....

Thanks Bill, appreciate it! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kalina sit out the L-C game because he was late to a team meeting? Or was that someone else?

RE: Savannah Games - ml1323 - 11-26-2017 10:32 AM

(11-26-2017 10:25 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 09:54 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  CG,It sounded like they were more active last night and had the same starting lineup. They did substitute a bit more as guys were busting it harder. Kalina got some earlier minutes and did some decent things. Bryan worked hard and played well on his birthday. They did go bigger with Gary at PG off the bench. All in all it was ton more effort tonight. It sounded like everybody was all in but they just couldn't score enough against that great Valpo defense. It sounded like Richmond, Taylor,Gary (diving for balls-LOVE it!) and Estime were playing better and active (of course Talley and Cacok are active). I can live with this overall effort all day long and 2x on Sunday. Speaking of that, I've got to get to church! Hope that helps....

Thanks Bill, appreciate it! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kalina sit out the L-C game because he was late to a team meeting? Or was that someone else?

I just thought he didn't play because he's a defensive liability against most of the teams we're playing. He didn't touch the court against Campbell after getting torched against Davidson. It's no insult to him; its hard being 7 feet tall and being asked to move like you're 6'8", but that's who he's going to match up with most of the year.

RE: Savannah Games - B_Hawk06 - 11-26-2017 10:39 AM

(11-26-2017 10:32 AM)ml1323 Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 10:25 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  

I just thought he didn't play because he's a defensive liability against most of the teams we're playing. He didn't touch the court against Campbell after getting torched against Davidson. It's no insult to him; its hard being 7 feet tall and being asked to move like you're 6'8", but that's who he's going to match up with most of the year.

Gotcha. I may be wrong. I thought I remembered reading that. I may have some wires crossed somewhere.

RE: Savannah Games - SEA33HAWK - 11-26-2017 11:23 AM

I thought I heard he was late to something. A meal or meeting or something.

RE: Savannah Games - tke75hawk - 11-26-2017 12:17 PM

Late to practice before Campbell game

RE: Savannah Games - B_Hawk06 - 11-26-2017 12:33 PM

(11-26-2017 12:17 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  Late to practice before Campbell game

That's what it was. Thanks. Hopefully he's back on track and has the head on straight.

RE: Savannah Games - ml1323 - 11-26-2017 01:23 PM

(11-26-2017 12:33 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  

That's what it was. Thanks. Hopefully he's back on track and has the head on straight.

I stand corrected. Still not sure what his role on this team is at this point.

RE: Savannah Games - SEA33HAWK - 11-26-2017 02:08 PM

(11-26-2017 01:23 PM)ml1323 Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 12:33 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  

I stand corrected. Still not sure what his role on this team is at this point.

He has a really nice shooting touch. But he needs to get tougher and develop better hands. Could also stand to actually meet up bit more.

RE: Savannah Games - Seahawkhoops - 11-27-2017 08:16 AM

To me there were 2 positives from the last game. First, Estime stepped up, this is a nice step in his maturation process. Kid has talent, he just needs to get an edge, it sounds like he had one the other day. And the obvious one is it looks like we actually played a bit of defense. It's a building process, i get it. I like to grab at least some positive even in a loss. But two of our losses it was just really tough to do.

RE: Savannah Games - Seahawk Nation 08 - 11-27-2017 02:48 PM

(11-27-2017 08:16 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  To me there were 2 positives from the last game. First, Estime stepped up, this is a nice step in his maturation process. Kid has talent, he just needs to get an edge, it sounds like he had one the other day. And the obvious one is it looks like we actually played a bit of defense. It's a building process, i get it. I like to grab at least some positive even in a loss. But two of our losses it was just really tough to do.

Losses like the Valpo one was a lot easier to handle, at least! The Loyola game was demoralizing. Glad we bounced back so quickly.

Estime's development seems like one of the top 2 or 3 most important aspects of this season. It will be very interesting to track his progress over the course of the season.