CSNbbs
For you younger fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: For you younger fans (/thread-833524.html)

For you younger fans - mac - 11-14-2017 02:06 PM

Coach Capel's greatest game as a Coach. ODU's most exciting game, EVER. And as they say near the end. "Petey Sessoms is for real"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9soYAiPmyA

RE: For you younger fans - BigBlueMonarch - 11-14-2017 04:15 PM

There were soooooo many good players on this team

Sent from my SM-N920V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: For you younger fans - monarx - 11-14-2017 04:24 PM

My favorite Monarch team ever. (if you include Odell as a part of it)

RE: For you younger fans - mac - 11-14-2017 04:40 PM

Seeing this video this again leads me to this question. How in the living heck is Petey Sessoms jersey not hanging up in the rafters ? That makes no sense whatsoever. Truly one of the all time great Monarchs.

RE: For you younger fans - JJMonarch - 11-14-2017 05:18 PM

(11-14-2017 04:40 PM)mac Wrote:  Seeing this video this again leads me to this question. How in the living heck is Petey Sessoms jersey not hanging up in the rafters ? That makes no sense whatsoever. Truly one of the all time great Monarchs.

Indeed Mac. That is a mystery. Sessoms is easily one of the best players we have ever had at ODU. It could be argued the best. Before that classic NCAA game Sessoms led us to an unbelievable win in the CAA tournament against JMU in the finals when it looked like we were down for the count. That was a classic game as well.

RE: For you younger fans - Punk - 11-14-2017 05:32 PM

Petey used to have the record for most points scored in a season for ODU at 730 points back in 94-95. Is Trey Freeman the only one ahead of him since then?

RE: For you younger fans - ODU BBALL - 11-14-2017 07:54 PM

(11-14-2017 04:40 PM)mac Wrote:  Seeing this video this again leads me to this question. How in the living heck is Petey Sessoms jersey not hanging up in the rafters ? That makes no sense whatsoever. Truly one of the all time great Monarchs.

Can you imagine how great that team would have been if Odell had not gotten injured earlier in December? A few posters on here want to tout that the game has changed so much. I've got news for them. That team with Odell could play against any mid-major team that has come along since. It had size, inside scoring, outside scoring, defense, rebounding, and ability to drive to the basket. Plus both Petey and Mike Jones had a will to win that few players can match. I don't care if it was nearly 25 years ago, that team would be heavy favorites to win C-USA today.

RE: For you younger fans - JJMonarch - 11-14-2017 08:18 PM

(11-14-2017 07:54 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

Can you imagine how great that team would have been if Odell had not gotten injured earlier in December? A few posters on here want to tout that the game has changed so much. I've got news for them. That team with Odell could play against any mid-major team that has come along since. It had size, inside scoring, outside scoring, defense, rebounding, and ability to drive to the basket. Plus both Petey and Mike Jones had a will to win that few players can match. I don't care if it was nearly 25 years ago, that team would be heavy favorites to win C-USA today.

I agree with the exception of using the term mid major. We could play with anybody if Odell had stayed healthy. Not saying we would have beaten them all but we could have held our own against anybody that season.

RE: For you younger fans - monarx - 11-14-2017 08:36 PM

And lets give a shout out to David Harvey who was expected to be a role player off the bench and stepped up his game to become a pretty good inside man after Odell went down that year. That team would win CUSA hands down, and would be in the running for the A10 championship today.