CSNbbs
Forum Changes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Forum Changes (/thread-833399.html)

Forum Changes - Tribal - 11-13-2017 03:40 PM

Nothing major, just keep you all in the loop:

(Courtesy of CG, moderator on the UNCW board...redacted and otherwise amended for the Tribe touch)

Firstly, there are some changes coming to the boards (that have actually already begun) in the very near future. Branding, logos, etc. Site owner is going through some legal hoopla with some university lawyers and it seems all school logos will be removed from the boards. I'm not sure how this may/may not affect avatars, our forum "skin," etc. I'll let you know.

Secondly, the site admin is looking for one or two folks who attend most football, basketball, and/or baseball games. I think the idea is to ask for your assistance re advertisement options (i.e. a csnbbs banner and business cards at your tailgate). Something easy you could talk about, and/or pass out and show off to attract new folks to the board.

I think you could negotiate ad free access to this website as a thank you for your help.

Anyone interested?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Forum Changes - mrjoolius - 11-13-2017 03:57 PM

(11-13-2017 03:40 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Nothing major, just keep you all in the loop:

(Courtesy of CG, moderator on the UNCW board...redacted and otherwise amended for the Tribe touch)

Firstly, there are some changes coming to the boards (that have actually already begun) in the very near future. Branding, logos, etc. Site owner is going through some legal hoopla with some university lawyers and it seems all school logos will be removed from the boards. I'm not sure how this may/may not affect avatars, our forum "skin," etc. I'll let you know.

Secondly, the site admin is looking for one or two folks who attend most football, basketball, and/or baseball games. I think the idea is to ask for your assistance re advertisement options (i.e. a csnbbs banner and business cards at your tailgate). Something easy you could talk about, and/or pass out and show off to attract new folks to the board.

I think you could negotiate ad free access to this website as a thank you for your help.

Anyone interested?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lawyers suck. We aren't even using the current school logo, if that matters. It's a script font for chrissakes. If we write "Tribe" in another similar script font, would that be a violation?

RE: Forum Changes - hktribefan - 11-14-2017 11:07 AM

I doubt it's WM that's raising an issue; likely one of the other schools on here that's resulting in a blanket policy. Never know though, maybe someone at WM really cares about logo usage!

RE: Forum Changes - mrjoolius - 11-14-2017 11:35 AM

(11-14-2017 11:07 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  I doubt it's WM that's raising an issue; likely one of the other schools on here that's resulting in a blanket policy. Never know though, maybe someone at WM really cares about logo usage!
Agreed, I don't think it is an issue brought by W&M. But, I also don't think anything needs to be changed on Tribe talk. The "Tribe" logo isn't the current tribe logo and is comprised completely of a script font. I'm not sure how it would be in violation.