CSNbbs
G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 (/thread-833347.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - Billy Bob Bearcat - 11-13-2017 09:03 AM

Power Rankings

1. Ohio University - As we approach Thanksgiving, I am truly thankful for this program. They single-handedly ended any discussion of Toledo for a New Year's Day Bowl. Not only would that have been a travesty on television, but their 2 fans would have continued to post on P6 boards assuming people cared about the program. As reward for their domination, they are now on top of the power rankings.

2. Boise State - They managed to defeat the always anemic Colorado State on the road. I didn't actually watch the game, because who could possible stay awake through a MWC game that starts at 10:30pm? I would have also had to search for the channel, and that is just too much effort for this.

3. Troy - IMPRESSIVE and BIG TIME win over Coastal Carolina. Yes that Coastal Carolina. The one that has a somewhat relevant baseball program. The football team may be 1-9 but their brand name is slightly better than that. Expecting big things from the boys of Troy in the G4 playoffs.

4. Florida International - Lane Kiffin managed to both lose to Old Dominion (Still not sure if a real team) and win against Lousiana Tech in the same week. A solid performance for a split squad, but not enough to retain the number 1 G4 ranking. I am looking forward to seeing the combined team in post season action, and am truly impressed with his unique approach to scheduling.

5. North Texas - The G4 Mean Green got it done at home versus the winless UTEP Miners. Looking forward to the marquee matchup with Army this week and Power Ranking Implications!!!... ...As I proof read the power rankings, I am concerned that I may have hyped this game too much and given the impression I am actually going to watch it. I would not recommend that to anyone who has better things to do with their time. Don't worry, I will read the box score and report back next week.

6. Fresno State - This program is truly the mendoza line of suck in the G4. An unimpressive win versus a 3-6 Hawaii team, but moving up 1 spot in the power rankings. Less true G4 title contenders, because this program surely isn't one.

7. UAB - The ghosts of irrelevant football programs past did it again over the imposing acronym of UTSA. Moving up 1 spot in the power rankings, and showing G4 fans everywhere how bad their programs truly are. I have not been able to confirm if this team even has seniors on it yet.

8. Army - I am torn on even including them on this list because I feel the program doesn't deserve the disrespectful label of G4. However they continue to roll as an independent with a nice win over P6 Duke, and there is a lack of worthy G4 teams. This has resulted in a number 8 ranking for the service academy, and I believe an outside chance at the G4 playoff.

9. Marshall - Had a nice bounce back victory over the WKU Hilltoppers. Lane Kiffin's split squad did a number on them the previous 2 weeks, but it is looking good for the Thundering Herd to finish 9-3. I could see a scenario where they cash in their 50 year old tragedy chips for a spot in the G4 playoffs. The media voters love a good story, and there are not many stories in G4 football.

10. Wyoming - Defeated Air Force this last weekend and has amassed a 7-3 record. Pretty impressed with their losses as 2 come from the P6 (Oregon and Iowa). This team may not completely suck, but time will tell.

Dropped From Rankings:

UN. Toledo - Crushed by fellow G4 "power" program Ohio University. Couldn't handle the MACtion and what is deemed as a spotlight from that conference. What a joke, and I hope Michigan takes them back after this season.

UN. Arkansas State - Lost to South Alabama. How did I ever think you had a chance at the Sunbelt and G4 titles? Completely disappointed in my expert analysis. ARKANSAS STATE WAS NOT FOR REAL

UN. Rutgers - Embarrassing loss to the JoPa's legacy freedom fighters. Indiana will be ending their hopes of a bowl game next week. I still would like to point out their 6 bowl wins in their 145 year history because damn is that pathetic.

Current G4 Playoff Projections

Ohio University versus Boise State in the Applebee's Mediocre Done Right Bowl, Feb 2nd @ 7pm on ESPN 3.

Troy versus FIAU in the Car-Mart Classic Bowl, Feb 1st @ 7pm on ESPN 3.

G4 Championship Match Projection - Now set for Feb 2nd @ 7pm on Fox Sports 2.

FIAU over Ohio University. If FIAU can get here, and thats a big if, I believe the split squad approach will payoff and result in a G4 championships for the swamplands. I haven't done enough film study yet add additional insight. Maybe I will get motivated when P6 football is done for the year.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - SublimeKnight - 11-13-2017 09:38 AM

Props for doing all this research. I was going to ding you for not including James Madison, but it turns out they're not G4... but I guess in your research you already knew that.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - KNIGHTTIME - 11-13-2017 10:33 AM

Stunned that Lane Kiffin's FIU team lost. They have been playing better since getting into the g4 schedule.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - Billy Bob Bearcat - 11-13-2017 10:45 AM

(11-13-2017 10:33 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Stunned that Lane Kiffin's FIU team lost. They have been playing better since getting into the g4 schedule.

He put himself at risk with the split schedule approach. Impressive feat when you think about it, but not sure if both squads will gel before bowl season.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - wylioats - 11-13-2017 11:31 AM

Not sure, but doesn't LK coach at FAU instead of FIU? Like I said, not sure. Again not sure, but aren't they both in the Sun Belt conference?

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - KNIGHTTIME - 11-13-2017 12:29 PM

(11-13-2017 11:31 AM)wylioats Wrote:  Not sure, but doesn't LK coach at FAU instead of FIU? Like I said, not sure. Again not sure, but aren't they both in the Sun Belt conference?

No Lane is definitely at FIU. Our resident g4 can confirm. It is really difficult to understand though. People confuse Florida International as an airport. People showing up on campus with their luggage.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - Hurricane Drummer - 11-13-2017 12:53 PM

(11-13-2017 12:29 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 11:31 AM)wylioats Wrote:  Not sure, but doesn't LK coach at FAU instead of FIU? Like I said, not sure. Again not sure, but aren't they both in the Sun Belt conference?

No Lane is definitely at FIU. Our resident g4 can confirm. It is really difficult to understand though. People confuse Florida International as an airport. People showing up on campus with their luggage.

They're not in the same conference as Georgia Southern State, right?

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - Billy Bob Bearcat - 11-13-2017 01:04 PM

I can understand where the confusion regarding FIAU comes from. It is one school with Lane Kiffen as the coach. However the split their team up and schedule 2 opponents a week for additional handout money during the non conference. One squad goes by International and one by Atlantic.

Hopefully that clears everything up. It is a very unique approach, but constantly results in confusion.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 02:15 PM

(11-13-2017 12:53 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  

They're not in the same conference as Georgia Southern State, right?
Lol

Cuz Tulsa I am the thrird team in one of the smallest states in America, has jokes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 02:16 PM

Which one has the bouncy stadium near Disney?

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - jaredf29 - 11-13-2017 02:26 PM

(11-13-2017 02:16 PM)panama Wrote:  

You guys still dropping cash to get people to show up to your games?

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - RobUCF - 11-13-2017 02:54 PM

(11-13-2017 02:26 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  

As a G4 fan, he doesn't understand that us P6 teams prefer to play in stadiums designed for the sport of football.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 03:31 PM

Well we dont have a roof anymore...so...back to bouncy house stadiums already in progress.COGS

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 03:32 PM

(11-13-2017 02:54 PM)RobUCF Wrote:  

As a G4 fan, he doesn't understand that us P6 teams prefer to play in stadiums designed for the sport of football.

I stadium was designed to be redesigned. 07-coffee3

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 03:33 PM

I am so lost? So is ECU the school in Greensboro?

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - 8BitPirate - 11-13-2017 03:35 PM

"COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF
8:00 a.m. Parking lots open (Saturday games only)
3 Hours Prior Ticket windows open
50/50 Raffle starts selling
2.5 Hours Prior Bishop Pregame Social begins
Shuttle buses start operating
2 Hours Prior Eagle Walk
1.5 Hours Prior Gates open"

It would appear they have moved on to raffles. Definitely a G4 move. 07-coffee3

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - KNIGHTTIME - 11-13-2017 03:36 PM

They only got 12k announced at one of their recent home games. The one good thing basefootball stadium it could make for a great wiffle ball game after watching g4 football. Since the fans have to visit a Chiropractor after the game it is the least they can do.

Ga State attempt at d-1 is a waste of time. Already a p6 team in the same city.

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 03:48 PM

(11-13-2017 03:36 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 12:29 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  No Lane is definitely at FIU. Our resident g4 can confirm. It is really difficult to understand though. People confuse Florida International as an airport. People showing up on campus with their luggage.

They only got 12k announced at one of their recent home games. The one good thing basefootball stadium it could make for a great wiffle ball game after watching g4 football. Since the fans have to visit a Chiropractor after the game it is the least they can do.

Ga State attempt at d-1 is a waste of time. Already a p6 team in the same city.

Oh...12k...too little for you Kind Sir?

[Image: DOXc8F2WkAA6slO.jpg]

[Image: CryC7YB.png]

"ummm...what had happened wuz...cuz ...your empty seats are blue see and ummmm..":coffee3:

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - panama - 11-13-2017 03:57 PM

...and while we are at it

[Image: drunk-jessica-fletcher.jpg]

...one of the following statements is true and one is made up by butthurt fans mad that we got handed a professional stadium and renovated it for a Phase I cost under $100M

a) UCF stadium bounces likea kid bouncy house
b) GSU stadium has views that induce vertigo and chiropractic visits

LOL

I can only tell you that everyone who has walked into our stadium post renovation has had their jaw drop in shock at what a great job Heery did.

[Image: DLlQ1T7WAAA6prn.jpg]

But you got dem t shirts so yeah...winning!

RE: G4 Power Rankings and Playoff Projections - Week 2 - tigerjamesc - 11-13-2017 04:22 PM

(11-13-2017 09:03 AM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  Current G4 Playoff Projections

Ohio University versus Boise State in the Applebee's Mediocre Done Right Bowl, Feb 2nd @ 7pm on ESPN 3.

Troy versus FIAU in the Car-Mart Classic Bowl, Feb 1st @ 7pm on ESPN 3.

G4 Championship Match Projection - Now set for Feb 2nd @ 7pm on Fox Sports 2.

FIAU over Ohio University. If FIAU can get here, and thats a big if, I believe the split squad approach will payoff and result in a G4 championships for the swamplands. I haven't done enough film study yet add additional insight. Maybe I will get motivated when P6 football is done for the year.
*Update
Round 1 of the G4 playoffs has been moved from ESPN 3 to Facebook