CSNbbs
New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans (/thread-833268.html)

New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - BeagleUSM - 11-12-2017 02:10 PM

Never seen people from Rankin County get this pissed off before.

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker6/with_replies

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - EagNBran - 11-12-2017 03:33 PM

You know Rankin County is more Ole Miss than State, right? I grew up there. It’s pretty even, but still leans toward OM.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - anonymouseagle - 11-12-2017 03:44 PM

(11-12-2017 03:33 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  You know Rankin County is more Ole Miss than State, right? I grew up there. It’s pretty even, but still leans toward OM.

Maybe things have changed but I grew up in Jackson proper and it seemed Northeast Jackson and Madison County were pretty much Red and Blue while Rankin County was Mississippi State country.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - BeagleUSM - 11-12-2017 04:04 PM

(11-12-2017 03:44 PM)anonymouseagle Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 03:33 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  You know Rankin County is more Ole Miss than State, right? I grew up there. It’s pretty even, but still leans toward OM.

Maybe things have changed but I grew up in Jackson proper and it seemed Northeast Jackson and Madison County were pretty much Red and Blue while Rankin County was Mississippi State country.

Yeah, Rankin County is definitely pro-State. Look at the student #s from there. Also, while not a perfect indicator, MSU has significantly more license plates in Rankin County than OM.

http://www.alumni.msstate.edu/s/811/alumni/interior.aspx?sid=811&gid=1&pgid=785

As for the rest of the Metro area, I would say that Eastover/Fondren is Ole Miss and that Madison County is mixed.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - stinkfist - 11-12-2017 05:08 PM

the caveat would be the lack of southern miss patrol on duty 03-wink....

the clarion liar has been pro um/state as long as I can remember....and the alums represent such.....

it's just another silly simple game......

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - BeagleUSM - 11-12-2017 05:29 PM

Oh my.

https://twitter.com/halestater/status/929769568012324866

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - EagleFWB - 11-12-2017 05:51 PM

Scott's been fighting with them all day. He's not wrong with anything he's saying... They just don't live in reality.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - HarborPointe - 11-12-2017 06:54 PM

Bulldog fans have to realize it’s not just State. 6 schools have won every SEC football title since the 1970s. The other 8 have their role and play it well.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - eaglebeaver - 11-12-2017 08:48 PM

As stated ad nauseum, State and OP get infused with multi-meelions every year thanks to LSU, Auburn, Bummer, Florida and Georgia. While OP/MSUcks have had decent SEC teams lately and help give a share (but not a fair share), when times are normally down for them, the rest o' the SEC comes to the rescue!

AGAIN....Does anyone doubt IF (yes, "IF") USM had Bammer, Auburn, LSU etal home and home, a huge TV contract, and the whole state of Mississippi to choose from, that USM would HAVE AT LEAST ONE SEC TITLE SINCE 1940?

State and OP are bad enough when they are down or mediocre, but they are insufferable when they win.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - Up2stuff - 11-12-2017 09:33 PM

But they won’t stop believin’

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/watch-mississippi-state-fans-create-incredible-scene-singing-journey/amp

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - eaglebeaver - 11-12-2017 10:01 PM

(11-12-2017 09:33 PM)Up2stuff Wrote:  But they won’t stop believin’

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/watch-mississippi-state-fans-create-incredible-scene-singing-journey/amp

Yep...Saturday Nights In Starkvegas are UNMATCHED....03-lmfao

Drove by their stadium when they were playing Maine (and losing) and there was about 10,000 fans in the stands (and I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt)...

They don't understand...or can't comprehend....that playing Bama at home gets every team's fans' blood a boiling! Nothing wrong with loving your school...but don't confuse attending a rip roaring big game and having a good time with YOU being a big time team or university.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - HarborPointe - 11-12-2017 10:06 PM

Good on them. That looked fun. If we tried something like that, there’d be a 5-page thread on here b****ing about the choice of song.

Quote:Journey? Really?!?!? REALLY??!!?? Students today were 25 years from being born when that song came out! How f#%@ing clueless can you be?!? Who’s in charge of this s*^&???!!!!????”

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - eaglebeaver - 11-12-2017 10:24 PM

(11-12-2017 10:06 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

Good on them. That looked fun. If we tried something like that, there’d be a 5-page thread on here b****ing about the choice of song.

Quote:Journey? Really?!?!? REALLY??!!?? Students today were 25 years from being born when that song came out! How f#%@ing clueless can you be?!? Who’s in charge of this s*^&???!!!!????”

can't really dispute that my friend!04-cheers

We had a great time mocking the FSU tomahawk chop chant back when we played State, Favor's junior year (lost on last minute FG)...the place was rockin'...and some folks were pizzzed because we were supposedly emulating FSU!

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - EagNBran - 11-13-2017 11:50 AM

(11-12-2017 08:48 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  As stated ad nauseum, State and OP get infused with multi-meelions every year thanks to LSU, Auburn, Bummer, Florida and Georgia. While OP/MSUcks have had decent SEC teams lately and help give a share (but not a fair share), when times are normally down for them, the rest o' the SEC comes to the rescue!

AGAIN....Does anyone doubt IF (yes, "IF") USM had Bammer, Auburn, LSU etal home and home, a huge TV contract, and the whole state of Mississippi to choose from, that USM would HAVE AT LEAST ONE SEC TITLE SINCE 1940?

State and OP are bad enough when they are down or mediocre, but they are insufferable when they win.

Hard to tell. We'd definitely have a larger stadium and more dedicated fanbase (alumni would be far more loyal than they currently are). But to say we'd be in a different position from State or OM is difficult. They get every single thing you stated and yet they haven't done much with it. Who's to say we would? Now I'd love to see that play out, but reality is that we are where we are. And while we pride ourselves on doing the most with the least, we're currently not doing much.

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - shiftyeagle - 11-13-2017 02:15 PM

>some of y'all implying the Southern Miss fanbase wouldn't get a yuge collective boner if we somehow kept Alabama within 7 points

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - gdunn - 11-13-2017 10:18 PM

(11-13-2017 02:15 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  >some of y'all implying the Southern Miss fanbase wouldn't get a yuge collective boner if we somehow kept Alabama within 7 points

Some of us would count it as a moral victory

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - shiftyeagle - 11-14-2017 09:17 AM

(11-13-2017 10:18 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 02:15 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  >some of y'all implying the Southern Miss fanbase wouldn't get a yuge collective boner if we somehow kept Alabama within 7 points

Some of us would count it as a moral victory

All of us would

RE: New Orleans sports anchor trolls State fans - eaglebeaver - 11-14-2017 04:47 PM

(11-13-2017 11:50 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 08:48 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  As stated ad nauseum, State and OP get infused with multi-meelions every year thanks to LSU, Auburn, Bummer, Florida and Georgia. While OP/MSUcks have had decent SEC teams lately and help give a share (but not a fair share), when times are normally down for them, the rest o' the SEC comes to the rescue!

Hard to tell. We'd definitely have a larger stadium and more dedicated fanbase (alumni would be far more loyal than they currently are). But to say we'd be in a different position from State or OM is difficult. They get every single thing you stated and yet they haven't done much with it. Who's to say we would? Now I'd love to see that play out, but reality is that we are where we are. And while we pride ourselves on doing the most with the least, we're currently not doing much.

well...hypotheticals ARE impossible to prove....and while we may be sucking hind teat right now, MSUcks has been sucking front teat for a 100 years with basically nothing to show for it but "we played Bama close" (WHOOPIEEE!)....which USM has done many times.04-cheers

If we had Bama, Auburn and LSU home and home, a huge CBS TV contract, a recruiting slogan which is basically "we're in the SEC and you're not" and a huge welfare check waiting every year, AND COULD NOT BLINDLY WIN ONE SEC TITLE IN 70 YEARS, I think we'd consider ourselves failures, right? They don't...