CSNbbs
UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights (/thread-833097.html)

UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - WesternBlazer - 11-10-2017 11:59 PM

Post game Presser

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - TheGORILLA - 11-11-2017 08:06 AM

From the looks of it, this is BY FAR THE BEST TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN AT UAB. Newcomers Bryant, Perry, and Gueye are absolutely outstanding additions. The return of Norton and Sullivan are outstanding, as well. This is a completely different team than last season.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - Memphis Blazer - 11-11-2017 08:11 AM

Don't get carried away. They looked good but it was agains one of the worst teams in D1.

This is not the best team to ever play at UAB.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - TheGORILLA - 11-11-2017 08:34 AM

(11-11-2017 08:11 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Don't get carried away. They looked good but it was agains one of the worst teams in D1.

This is not the best team to ever play at UAB.
I agree. "Not" yet! I like your prediction in the prediction thread. 1-0. One game at a time! Thirty nine to go. All things are possible. This is the type of team that actually "believes" that they can achieve it, just as the 1982 team(the best team ever) "believed" that they could win their way to the Final Four. Back then, it was no fluke that they ended their season seven points shy of their goal of making it to the Final Four.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - BirminghamJoseph2770 - 11-11-2017 03:10 PM

(11-11-2017 08:06 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  From the looks of it, this is BY FAR THE BEST TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN AT UAB. Newcomers Bryant, Perry, and Gueye are absolutely outstanding additions. The return of Norton and Sullivan are outstanding, as well. This is a completely different team than last season.

From the highlights, I can see how you say so, will reserve judgement until after the next game and Memphis and Well Auburn and Middle, the Conference is Good, Like Marshall and LA Tech heck Southern is always a game.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - Big Dee - 11-11-2017 03:38 PM

Let's play a team with legit bigs first. 1982 is the greatest team ever!!!!

Like this 9-10 man rotation.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - BlazerPhil - 11-11-2017 04:29 PM

Bryant looks like PDIII as a Freshman. The only thing that keeps him from taking it to the rim every time is the coach.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - BlazrDawg - 11-12-2017 10:49 AM

(11-11-2017 04:29 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  Bryant looks like PDIII as a Freshman. The only thing that keeps him from taking it to the rim every time is the coach.

Paul clearly was a great player who improved every year but Scootie already has much better ball handling skills that PD3 ever had and seems to have a better outside shot as well.

UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - USAFBlazerFan - 11-12-2017 11:17 AM

Agree- he's already more polished with the ball skills. What I liked about PD3 was his attitude and slashing- when he went inside, he was very aggressive and strong. I hope to see that kind of aggressiveness again!

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - BlazerPhil - 11-12-2017 01:15 PM

Good to know Scootie can shoot . That is difficult for me to see on the radio.

RE: UAB - Jacksonville Highlights - WesternBlazer - 11-12-2017 02:23 PM

Reminds me a lot of Eric Bledsoe from Birmingham in size, athleticism, and style of play...