CSNbbs
New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark (/thread-832838.html)

Pages: 1 2

New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-08-2017 07:07 PM

04-cheers

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - RLBearcat09 - 11-08-2017 07:11 PM

What about that doss guy?

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - Banter - 11-08-2017 07:29 PM

(11-08-2017 07:11 PM)RLBearcat09 Wrote:  What about that doss guy?
He must not have thrown enough money at his campaign.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BigDawg - 11-08-2017 08:09 PM

Congrats and well deserved! 04-cheers

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - UCGrad1992 - 11-08-2017 10:03 PM

Mark in the new Mod digs! Hasn't mlb moderated on Banter before? Maybe he's moved around some. Congrats and happy bantering.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - TubaCat - 11-08-2017 11:37 PM

Congrats to all! 04-cheers

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - TubaCat - 11-08-2017 11:41 PM

Also, I love the new Off Topic and Recruiting forum names.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - QSECOFR - 11-09-2017 07:27 AM

Congrats, gents!

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BearcatsUC - 11-13-2017 01:22 PM

(11-08-2017 07:29 PM)Banter Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 07:11 PM)RLBearcat09 Wrote:  What about that doss guy?
He must not have thrown enough money at his campaign.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app

I nominated doss, but I suppose that and 50 cents gets me a cup of coffee, if that. LOL, now I guess I have to unblock Mark to see what he is saying. I also chuckle when I think that he influenced my decision to drop my football season tickets.

This board has come a long way. By gruehls’ standards, mark is a pinko liberal who never would have had a chance to be a mod.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - bearcatmark - 11-13-2017 01:36 PM

Lucky enough to meet Gruehls (and GTS) and others at a lunch out in Mason a few years ago. Been the "lefty" (by virtue of not being far right) on this board for a while and have never had issues with the mods when it was Gruehls or Eastside or anyone else. And I've tried to speak strongly when on the political board on certain issues...nobody held it against me (to my knowledge). I don't think the current Mods are any different than when Gruehls' and others were around. If you're respectful, you can get along with everyone. (I hope to be the same way..I think the Mods set a good example around here and are very fair)

BTW Subflea wasn't some right wing poster and he had been a Mod for a long time. I think the politics are less relevant than you make them out to be and always have been.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BearcatsUC - 11-13-2017 01:40 PM

(11-13-2017 01:36 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Lucky enough to meet Gruehls (and GTS) and others at a lunch out in Mason a few years ago. Been the "lefty" (by virtue of not being far right) on this board for a while and have never had issues with the mods when it was Gruehls or Eastside or anyone else. And I've tried to speak strongly when on the political board on certain issues...nobody held it against me (to my knowledge). I don't think the current Mods are any different than when Gruehls' and others were around. If you're respectful, you can get along with everyone. (I hope to be the same way..I think the Mods set a good example around here and are very fair)

BTW Subflea wasn't some right wing poster and he had been a Mod for a long time. I think the politics are less relevant than you make them out to be and always have been.

Subflea was for sure an exception, but this board has changed a LOT in terms of what political views are allowed. Gruehls ran a tight political ship.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - mlb - 11-13-2017 02:13 PM

(11-13-2017 01:40 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 01:36 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Lucky enough to meet Gruehls (and GTS) and others at a lunch out in Mason a few years ago. Been the "lefty" (by virtue of not being far right) on this board for a while and have never had issues with the mods when it was Gruehls or Eastside or anyone else. And I've tried to speak strongly when on the political board on certain issues...nobody held it against me (to my knowledge). I don't think the current Mods are any different than when Gruehls' and others were around. If you're respectful, you can get along with everyone. (I hope to be the same way..I think the Mods set a good example around here and are very fair)

Subflea was for sure an exception, but this board has changed a LOT in terms of what political views are allowed. Gruehls ran a tight political ship.
Completely false. Could not be further from the truth. Those of us who met up over the years can all vouch that politics had nothing to do with Gruehls' mod hiring practices. Hell, I was almost banned by catswin to being a mod in a matter of a week probably 10 years back. He just wanted respectful posters to be mods, political view had no part of the decisions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - rath v2.0 - 11-13-2017 02:31 PM

I demand a recount...or something...

I still think the chair should be named in honor of Catswin. The drunk modding was awesome. But I enjoy a little poison in my apple....

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BearcatsUC - 11-13-2017 03:49 PM

(11-13-2017 02:13 PM)mlb Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 01:40 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

Completely false. Could not be further from the truth. Those of us who met up over the years can all vouch that politics had nothing to do with Gruehls' mod hiring practices. Hell, I was almost banned by catswin to being a mod in a matter of a week probably 10 years back. He just wanted respectful posters to be mods, political view had no part of the decisions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app

My opinion is based on how Gruehls treated others. This board accepts a lot more dissent today. We will just have to have a difference of opinion on this one.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BearcatsUC - 11-13-2017 03:53 PM

(11-13-2017 02:31 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I demand a recount...or something...

I still think the chair should be named in honor of Catswin. The drunk modding was awesome. But I enjoy a little poison in my apple....

I can deal with soccerfreak. Once I make a decision about something - dropping my tickets after ten years in this case - I kind of forgot about I️t and moved on. While I had a number of reasons for cancelling, I️t was something he wrote that took me off the fence. Whatever I️t was I dont remember, but missing this season has been a blessing. I support the University in other ways.

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - Lush - 11-13-2017 04:04 PM

(11-13-2017 02:31 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I demand a recount...or something...

catswin was sweet. i like a lot of posters that had been banned, like bounce

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - BeerCat - 11-13-2017 06:58 PM

Live look at the crowd at bearcatmark's inaugural address.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMOOlcFmBVzDxl6FmL2kj...cnt7U-Obpr]

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - UCGrad1992 - 11-13-2017 07:20 PM

(11-13-2017 06:58 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

Nah, this was it...

[Image: Co4JAs_XYAATYiA.jpg]

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - The T-Shirt - 11-13-2017 07:33 PM

(11-13-2017 06:58 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

"Literally the biggest ever. Believe me, the best. They say it, I said it, everyone knows it's the bigly-est in history. Believe me. Believe me. Sad!" - Mark

Good times, guys, good times. BTW, never did say congrats, so congrats to Mark and mlb on getting the mod spots! 04-cheers

RE: New mods: mlb, bearcatmark - Lush - 11-13-2017 08:09 PM

mlb wasn't already a mod?