CSNbbs
Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? (/thread-832530.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - EverRespect - 11-06-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:First, the Left attacks the very idea of what it means to be a man. Here’s a shorthand version of the Left’s view of masculinity (to borrow from a column my wife wrote): Men and women are the same, except when women are better. So when a young boys does what young boys do — play rough, show aggression, gravitate towards contact sports and more violent games and movies — they are greeted with howls of “No.” No talking. No pushing. No running. No fighting. No toy guns. No drawings of tanks and guns. No. No. No. Again and again, young boys are shoved into a quiet, more relational, submissive box. As the father of an active young teen boy, what I’ve seen from other parents — the unbelievable stifling — seems cruel.

Next, the liberal male often spends his relational life walking on eggshells, dating women and living in cultures that are constantly calling out any kind of behavior subjectively perceived as “male” or oppressive. So if a man gets angry at a woman, he’s just “mansplaining.” A man who asks for fidelity is “slut-shaming.” Assertions of will are subject to “privilege checks.” To enter the world of academia, for example, is to enter a world of social rules and customs that are impossibly complex because propriety is always dictated by the subjective feelings of the most traditionally powerless person in the room. The language of equality is a mere mask for a new hierarchy that explicitly seeks to place the male (especially the white male) at the bottom.

Finally, as a result of upbringing and relationships, liberal men often lack a distinctively masculine purpose. Ask most conservative men to define their roles — whether they’re firefighters or accountants — and they’ll often respond with words like “protector” or “provider” — even when they’re married to capable, strong women with their own careers. They’re glad for their wife’s success, but they view that success as independent of their ultimate responsibilities. Many liberal men would actively scorn such labels. Indeed, at the end of the day, many men are left with nothing distinctively male about them, aside from their biology. And they often feel a hole in their heart. Indeed, a cottage industry exists to reconnect men with manly pursuits — often centered around experiencing real adventure for the first time in their lives.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/366648

Conservative women are also significantly happier than liberal women.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - UCF08 - 11-06-2017 11:06 AM

Ignorance is bliss.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - bullet - 11-06-2017 11:14 AM

(11-06-2017 11:06 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Ignorance is bliss.

So THAT'S why you continue to choose ignorance!04-cheers

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - bullet - 11-06-2017 11:16 AM

(11-06-2017 11:04 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote:First, the Left attacks the very idea of what it means to be a man. Here’s a shorthand version of the Left’s view of masculinity (to borrow from a column my wife wrote): Men and women are the same, except when women are better. So when a young boys does what young boys do — play rough, show aggression, gravitate towards contact sports and more violent games and movies — they are greeted with howls of “No.” No talking. No pushing. No running. No fighting. No toy guns. No drawings of tanks and guns. No. No. No. Again and again, young boys are shoved into a quiet, more relational, submissive box. As the father of an active young teen boy, what I’ve seen from other parents — the unbelievable stifling — seems cruel.

Next, the liberal male often spends his relational life walking on eggshells, dating women and living in cultures that are constantly calling out any kind of behavior subjectively perceived as “male” or oppressive. So if a man gets angry at a woman, he’s just “mansplaining.” A man who asks for fidelity is “slut-shaming.” Assertions of will are subject to “privilege checks.” To enter the world of academia, for example, is to enter a world of social rules and customs that are impossibly complex because propriety is always dictated by the subjective feelings of the most traditionally powerless person in the room. The language of equality is a mere mask for a new hierarchy that explicitly seeks to place the male (especially the white male) at the bottom.

Finally, as a result of upbringing and relationships, liberal men often lack a distinctively masculine purpose. Ask most conservative men to define their roles — whether they’re firefighters or accountants — and they’ll often respond with words like “protector” or “provider” — even when they’re married to capable, strong women with their own careers. They’re glad for their wife’s success, but they view that success as independent of their ultimate responsibilities. Many liberal men would actively scorn such labels. Indeed, at the end of the day, many men are left with nothing distinctively male about them, aside from their biology. And they often feel a hole in their heart. Indeed, a cottage industry exists to reconnect men with manly pursuits — often centered around experiencing real adventure for the first time in their lives.

Projection. Liberals are always claiming that conservatives are angry. Guess its just projection. Their therapists haven't bothered explaining that to them.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - bullet - 11-06-2017 11:17 AM

I wonder if they correlated with faith. Liberals are much more likely to be agnostic or atheistic.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - MemTigers1998 - 11-06-2017 11:17 AM

Have you taken a look at most liberal women?

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - EverRespect - 11-06-2017 11:19 AM

(11-06-2017 11:16 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Projection. Liberals are always claiming that conservatives are angry. Guess its just projection. Their therapists haven't bothered explaining that to them.

It is really simple actually, at least for the rank and file. If you fail to thrive under current circumstances, you ask for protection. As for the rich, the protection is to squash out any threat to remain rich (competition).

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - rath v2.0 - 11-06-2017 11:20 AM

It has to be tough being a beta male surrounded by beta males.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - EverRespect - 11-06-2017 11:21 AM

(11-06-2017 11:17 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Have you taken a look at most liberal women?

Many are either infertile or their hormones are altered to affect their womanhood. I feel bad for them.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - UCF08 - 11-06-2017 11:23 AM

(11-06-2017 11:17 AM)bullet Wrote:  I wonder if they correlated with faith. Liberals are much more likely to be agnostic or atheistic.

This is probably a factor.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - shere khan - 11-06-2017 12:28 PM

Because conservative men are satisfying their women? Idk

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Kaplony - 11-06-2017 12:35 PM

(11-06-2017 12:28 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Because conservative men are satisfying their women? Idk

I'm not that desperate

[Image: wEfj6g8.jpg]

[Image: R4KaHqp.jpg]

[Image: JgiBPiG.jpg]

[Image: J9Lxi6j.jpg]

[Image: oEfOklW.jpg]

[Image: pUneXsL.jpg]

03-puke

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Fitbud - 11-06-2017 12:36 PM

What if I am a liberal man but I married a conservative woman?

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - MemTigers1998 - 11-06-2017 12:37 PM

Just ruined my lunch Kap

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Redwingtom - 11-06-2017 12:37 PM

(11-06-2017 12:28 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Because conservative men are satisfying their women? Idk

[Image: icon-200x200_400x400.jpg][Image: uglydebbie.jpg][Image: janeane-garofalo-e1287064151415.jpeg][Image: DH1kjtiUwAACHV_.jpg]

Thanks!! 03-rotfl

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Fitbud - 11-06-2017 12:44 PM

If only their concern was in their own bedroom perhaps the country would be a happier place.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - usmbacker - 11-06-2017 12:46 PM

The first line said all that needs be said....

Quote:First, the Left attacks the very idea of what it means to be a man.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - 200yrs2late - 11-06-2017 12:46 PM

(11-06-2017 12:36 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  What if I am a liberal man but I married a conservative woman?

Interesting Thanksgiving dinners.... That and you have good taste in women.

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - UofMstateU - 11-06-2017 12:51 PM

(11-06-2017 12:36 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  What if I am a liberal man but I married a conservative woman?

It means that there is hope for you after all. 04-cheers

RE: Why Are Liberal Men Unhappy? - Fitbud - 11-06-2017 12:53 PM

(11-06-2017 12:51 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

It means that there is hope for you after all. 04-cheers

I assure you I am not as liberal as people on this forum make me out to be.