CSNbbs
New Apparel Company - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: New Apparel Company (/thread-831857.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Apparel Company - eagle04 - 10-31-2017 11:14 AM

Southern Miss will outfit all sports with Adidas

Adidas

RE: New Apparel Company - EagleFWB - 10-31-2017 11:21 AM

Wonder if they will announce the dollar amounts. I'm good with Adidas, but would like to know the numbers.

RE: New Apparel Company - shiftyeagle - 10-31-2017 11:26 AM

CUSA championship here we come. This was the missing link.

RE: New Apparel Company - eagle04 - 10-31-2017 12:29 PM

(10-31-2017 11:21 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Wonder if they will announce the dollar amounts. I'm good with Adidas, but would like to know the numbers.

Over 4 million. Additional funding for advertising and recruiting. Bonus/incentives for making postseason.

Rough Numbers

RE: New Apparel Company - Reggie Favre - 10-31-2017 12:32 PM

Good news. Should eliminate the USM/SWAC comparisons now. Wait, nevermind. Always been an adidas fan personally, so glad we went with them. Too bad its too late for them to direct some recruits our way.

RE: New Apparel Company - usm99 - 10-31-2017 01:17 PM

and recruits comments about the switch:

Hinds Community College wide receiver DeMichael Harris said he’s also a fan of Adidas apparel.
“I like the designs of the Adidas brand,” he said. “It will be interesting to see what Adidas does with the colors of USM. I’m excited about it.”

Tyler Junior College defensive back Denzel Washington also sees it as a positive development.
“That is amazing,” he said. “I got bored with seeing the ‘R’ on the jerseys.”

Pretty sure we'll stick to black, white, and gold there Harris

RE: New Apparel Company - Reggie Favre - 10-31-2017 01:35 PM

(10-31-2017 01:17 PM)usm99 Wrote:  and recruits comments about the switch:

Hinds Community College wide receiver DeMichael Harris said he’s also a fan of Adidas apparel.
“I like the designs of the Adidas brand,” he said. “It will be interesting to see what Adidas does with the colors of USM. I’m excited about it.”

Tyler Junior College defensive back Denzel Washington also sees it as a positive development.

Theres nothing wrong with what he said. You seriously dont believe the kid was suggesting that adidas was going to change USMs colors from black and gold i hope.

Now, maybe some of the old idiots on here will realize that the uniforms are actually important to these millennials.

RE: New Apparel Company - Black Diamond Reb - 10-31-2017 02:08 PM

(10-31-2017 01:35 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Now, maybe some of the old idiots on here will realize that the uniforms are actually important to these millennials.

Uniforms aren't what's important.

RE: New Apparel Company - shiftyeagle - 10-31-2017 02:14 PM

(10-31-2017 12:32 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Good news. Should eliminate the USM/SWAC comparisons now.

Except that whole losing-to-UAB-by-18-at-home-even-though-UAB-didn't-really-exist-last-year thing.

RE: New Apparel Company - Up2stuff - 10-31-2017 02:56 PM

(10-31-2017 11:21 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Wonder if they will announce the dollar amounts. I'm good with Adidas, but would like to know the numbers.

Good news. Even after the UAB game, they're only going to charge us $1million per year to let us wear their designs. 01-wingedeagle

RE: New Apparel Company - usm99 - 10-31-2017 03:32 PM

(10-31-2017 01:35 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

Theres nothing wrong with what he said. You seriously dont believe the kid was suggesting that adidas was going to change USMs colors from black and gold i hope.

Now, maybe some of the old idiots on here will realize that the uniforms are actually important to these millennials.

It was sarcasm 03-phew 03-drunk

RE: New Apparel Company - EagleX - 10-31-2017 04:33 PM

(10-31-2017 03:32 PM)usm99 Wrote:  

some people take their clothing pretty ******* seriously, and they take it seriously that people besides themselves take their clothing ******* seriously.

RE: New Apparel Company - HarborPointe - 10-31-2017 05:59 PM

(10-31-2017 01:35 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Now, maybe some of the old idiots on here will realize that the uniforms are actually important to these millennials.

It’s kinda important. Every one of the guys interviewed had already committed to USM regardless.

RE: New Apparel Company - anonymouseagle - 10-31-2017 06:36 PM

Saw on Facebook Antwon Courington commented that he chose USM over UAB back in the day because USM had Nike at the time and UAB had Adidas. I guess brand name really is important to some athletes.

RE: New Apparel Company - RockTheRock - 10-31-2017 07:09 PM

(10-31-2017 03:32 PM)usm99 Wrote:  

Type slower. Some posters are denser than others.

RE: New Apparel Company - eagle04 - 11-01-2017 10:22 AM

(10-31-2017 06:36 PM)anonymouseagle Wrote:  Saw on Facebook Antwon Courington commented that he chose USM over UAB back in the day because USM had Nike at the time and UAB had Adidas. I guess brand name really is important to some athletes.

While I understand that how we brand ourselves and with which company has meaning, I find it rather absurd that someone would choose where they play a sport/get an education based on the apparel company.

RE: New Apparel Company - EagNBran - 11-01-2017 10:29 AM

(11-01-2017 10:22 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(10-31-2017 06:36 PM)anonymouseagle Wrote:  Saw on Facebook Antwon Courington commented that he chose USM over UAB back in the day because USM had Nike at the time and UAB had Adidas. I guess brand name really is important to some athletes.

While I understand that how we brand ourselves and with which company has meaning, I find it rather absurd that someone would choose where they play a sport/get an education based on the apparel company.

Tell that to Louisville.

RE: New Apparel Company - EagleX - 11-01-2017 10:42 AM

it's a weird argument. it only got weirder when the HA sent text messages to god-only-knows-how-many players that had already committed to Southern Miss, and asked them for their opinion on an apparel vendor. all we really know is that they got three more-or-less positive replies -- on something they had never seen before, mind you, so they were commenting on an idea; something imaginary. then people tried to use that as incontrovertible proof of their "football is a fashion show" theorem.

what did anyone think those kids were going to say? "holy ****, adidas molested my sister. **** that, I quit!"?

just weird.

RE: New Apparel Company - EagleX - 11-01-2017 10:43 AM

(11-01-2017 10:29 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  

Tell that to Louisville.

kids go to louisville for the money and the hookers. everyone knows that. even the fbi.

RE: New Apparel Company - EagleX - 11-01-2017 10:55 AM

now, having poo-pooed the entire uniform issue, there have been some spectacularly bad uniforms on the field over the years.

the nanner-skins come immediately to mind. the first russell uniform pants that had what appeared to be black pants with a yellow ass. and we still don't know what color the jerseys were in the whatever-that-bowl-was against idaho.

I'm not oblivious to the whole thing, I just think we've got enough to worry about before we loose it over matte helmets or not matte helmets.

and, yes, the steeler pants looked nice. a coach that understands what "up tempo" means would have looked nicer.

that's all I'm saying.