CSNbbs
Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! (/thread-831797.html)

Pages: 1 2

Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - MemTGRS - 10-30-2017 05:57 PM

I have been asleep at the wheel! Did not know about the mass of players sitting out last year. If I could redo my picks, I'll go with the Knights at #3 and fighting it out with Shockers and Bearcats ...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/led-by-7-foot-6-tacko-fall-ucf-may-take-a-giant-step-by-making-the-ncaa-tournament/

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - Tiger1983 - 10-30-2017 06:35 PM

I think early success by UCF will engender many national stories this year because - among other factors - of Fall's uniqueness.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - The Knight Time - 10-30-2017 06:40 PM

We will be good. Real good. Can’t wait for the season.

However I am constantly sick of people who think Orlando only equals Disney

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - HuskyU - 10-30-2017 06:43 PM

(10-30-2017 06:40 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  We will be good. Real good. Can’t wait for the season.

If you didn't wanna be tied to Disney then the roller coasters on your court probably wasn't the best idea...

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - st932253 - 10-30-2017 06:49 PM

^ haha! Can't argue with that. Court isn't a fan favorite so far.

Looking forward to hoops and to seeing if baseball can defend its spot on top of the AAC.

It's a fun time to be a Knight.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - St. H. Gink - 10-30-2017 07:44 PM

Stoked for this basketball season. We are competing for championships across all sports. It's a great time to be a Knight.

07-coffee3

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - SublimeKnight - 10-30-2017 07:46 PM

Just announced, Aubrey Dawkins is out for the year with a shoulder injury. 03-weeping

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - HuskyU - 10-30-2017 07:48 PM

(10-30-2017 07:46 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  Just announced, Aubrey Dawkins is out for the year with a shoulder injury. 03-weeping

Wowza. That's disappointing. Kid looked like he was gonna be an immediate impact player.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - St. H. Gink - 10-30-2017 07:48 PM

Aubrey Dawkins out for the season. Literally the player highlighted in the article besides Tacko. Incredible.

07-coffee3

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - st932253 - 10-30-2017 07:54 PM

Thanks, CBS.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - BrooklynRocket - 10-30-2017 08:46 PM

While many others thought he was expendable, I couldn't say enough good things about Aubrey Dawkins as a Wolverine fan. Great athlete and a very natural scorer.

The #3 spot in the AAC is officially up for grabs now.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - firmbizzle - 10-30-2017 08:49 PM

Jinx thread

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - Wudizzle - 10-30-2017 08:51 PM

Wow, suck.

Tough break, UCF. I still think you guys have the pieces to grab a tourney spot.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - The Knight Time - 10-30-2017 09:22 PM

Well that was fun while it lasted.

Reserve that NIT spot for UCF!

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - BrooklynRocket - 10-31-2017 05:23 AM

For UCF fans, how do you expect the loss of Dawkins to effect your rotation/minutes?

Do you go big and start Davis at the 3?

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - SublimeKnight - 10-31-2017 05:44 AM

(10-31-2017 05:23 AM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  For UCF fans, how do you expect the loss of Dawkins to effect your rotation/minutes?

Do you go big and start Davis at the 3?

I think you've covered the extent of the knowledge we have about our team during football season. There's a big Lithuanian center, who can also shoot. I want to say we have a guard.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - MemTigers1998 - 10-31-2017 07:51 AM

Yet another school that Memphis used to dominate that has now passed us by due to our admin being content with Pastner for about 3 years too long and then when given the chance to fix that screw up, going from frying pan to fire by hiring a 90 year old has-been.

UCF, Houston, SMU all have passed us as a program. USF, Tulane and ECU probably will soon. Heck, Tulane and ECU beat Pastner. I'm sure we'll get it back on track one of these days and it wouldnt take the right coach very long to return Memphis to being a national power (local talent, fan support, facilities), but it wont be happening as long as Tubby is on the sideline.

Congrats to UCF for building their program up. The more teams the league can get in the NCAAs, the better it looks.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - StatueKnight - 10-31-2017 08:39 AM

(10-30-2017 06:43 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(10-30-2017 06:40 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  We will be good. Real good. Can’t wait for the season.

If you didn't wanna be tied to Disney then the roller coasters on your court probably wasn't the best idea...

Agreed. I hate the new Court

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - TU4ever - 10-31-2017 11:10 AM

(10-31-2017 07:51 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Yet another school that Memphis used to dominate that has now passed us by due to our admin being content with Pastner for about 3 years too long and then when given the chance to fix that screw up, going from frying pan to fire by hiring a 90 year old has-been.

UCF, Houston, SMU all have passed us as a program. USF, Tulane and ECU probably will soon. Heck, Tulane and ECU beat Pastner. I'm sure we'll get it back on track one of these days and it wouldnt take the right coach very long to return Memphis to being a national power (local talent, fan support, facilities), but it wont be happening as long as Tubby is on the sideline.

Congrats to UCF for building their program up. The more teams the league can get in the NCAAs, the better it looks.

Wow, Tubby hate is strong. You havent really used local talent since 2000 or so (i know you had a good bit for one class) and the most recent hometown boys caused huge issues. It amazes me that you all dont realize your local basketball coaches/mentors/recruiting gurus are the issue. They're also the base for the anti-Tubby movement. No wonder he isnt looking there.

RE: Please merge if discussed already (didn't see it): GREAT article (CBS) on UCF hoops! - Wudizzle - 10-31-2017 11:11 AM

(10-31-2017 11:10 AM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(10-31-2017 07:51 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Yet another school that Memphis used to dominate that has now passed us by due to our admin being content with Pastner for about 3 years too long and then when given the chance to fix that screw up, going from frying pan to fire by hiring a 90 year old has-been.

Wow, Tubby hate is strong. You havent really used local talent since 2000 or so (i know you had a good bit for one class) and the most recent hometown boys caused huge issues. It amazes me that you all dont realize your local basketball coaches/mentors/recruiting gurus are the issue. They're also the base for the anti-Tubby movement. No wonder he isnt looking there.
Yuuuuuup.