CSNbbs
More troubling player news - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: More troubling player news (/thread-831728.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

More troubling player news - geef - 10-30-2017 10:03 AM

This has not yet been verified by the program, but I understand there may be additional troubling news coming out. After the scrimmage on Saturday, apparently one of the players was spotted at the Gold Star on Martin Luther King Dr. A fan posted a blurry photo of the player, who was still in warmups, and a flurry of angry Tweets - which were later erased - were directed at this player by his teammates from the Skyline on Ludlow. I'm not going to name the player in question, but this wasn't a freshman who didn't understand the consequences. In my opinion, this one goes to the top. This is a player who should have known better. According to my sources, more should be coming out on this later today.

RE: More troubling player news - Lush - 10-30-2017 10:11 AM

(10-30-2017 10:03 AM)geef Wrote:  This has not yet been verified by the program, but I understand there may be additional troubling news coming out. After the scrimmage on Saturday, apparently one of the players was spotted at the Gold Star on Martin Luther King Dr. A fan posted a blurry photo of the player, who was still in warmups, and a flurry of angry Tweets - which were later erased - were directed at this player by his teammates from the Skyline on Ludlow. I'm not going to name the player in question, but this wasn't a freshman who didn't understand the consequences. In my opinion, this one goes to the top. This is a player who should have known better. According to my sources, more should be coming out on this later today.

are you making a cincinnati joke?

RE: More troubling player news - TubaCat - 10-30-2017 10:17 AM

Are we seriously going there? Alright then:

1. Camp Washington Chili
2. Dixie Chili (because of their 6-way)
3. Skyline
4. Blue Ash Chili (best coneys)
5. Gold Star

Unlike some, I have no hatred for Gold Star (though certainly not my favorite). Sometimes the extra cinnamon is nice when it's cold outside. It's unfortunate they seem to be exclusively a Bengals sponsor... I've never seen them sponsor anything UC-related.

RE: More troubling player news - Lush - 10-30-2017 10:21 AM

i think i've only been to four. five if you count real chili in milwaukee (which is a must destination)

RE: More troubling player news - jarr - 10-30-2017 10:23 AM

Gold Star coneys > skyline coneys
Skyline 3 ways > gold star 3 ways

Gold Star also has good burgers and fries which Skyline doesn't have.

1) Dixie
2) Camp Washington
3) Everything else is a wash IMO... never tried Price Hill

RE: More troubling player news - CliftonAve - 10-30-2017 10:24 AM

Seeing that the only player on the roster who is from Greater Cincinnati is walk-on Sam Martin, he has to be the culprit.

As a Texan, Trevor Moore, is the least likely suspect. Ditto for Jackson Bart (Oklahoma).

RE: More troubling player news - QSECOFR - 10-30-2017 10:24 AM

So was the player in question guilty of twirling his 3-Way instead of cutting it with the side of his fork like a true Cincinnatian?

RE: More troubling player news - geef - 10-30-2017 10:26 AM

(10-30-2017 10:24 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  So was the player in question guilty of twirling his 3-Way instead of cutting it with the side of his fork like a true Cincinnatian?

That's been suggested by some, but I really don't like to peddle rumors.

RE: More troubling player news - bearcatmark - 10-30-2017 10:27 AM

They are all good. Amazed how passionate people are when ranking the Cincinnati Chili spots. I think I like Skyline the best, but Gold Star is good..Camp Washington is good. Blue Ash has good Coneys but I wasn't crazy about the 4 way (still good though).

RE: More troubling player news - BearcatJerry - 10-30-2017 10:28 AM

(10-30-2017 10:03 AM)geef Wrote:  This has not yet been verified by the program, but I understand there may be additional troubling news coming out. After the scrimmage on Saturday, apparently one of the players was spotted at the Gold Star on Martin Luther King Dr. A fan posted a blurry photo of the player, who was still in warmups, and a flurry of angry Tweets - which were later erased - were directed at this player by his teammates from the Skyline on Ludlow. I'm not going to name the player in question, but this wasn't a freshman who didn't understand the consequences. In my opinion, this one goes to the top. This is a player who should have known better. According to my sources, more should be coming out on this later today.

04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow

It's not April 1 and it's not even "Mischief Night" yet.

And yet, the timing makes this even better.

My hat's off to you, sir.
Well played.
Well played indeed! 04-cheers

RE: More troubling player news - BearcatMan - 10-30-2017 10:37 AM

(10-30-2017 10:23 AM)jarr Wrote:  Gold Star coneys > skyline coneys

1) Dixie
2) Camp Washington

Agree

RE: More troubling player news - Lush - 10-30-2017 10:47 AM

1) Dixie
2) Camp Washington

well that seals it. gold star isn't cincinnati chili. i didn't know they did burgers for some silly reason

RE: More troubling player news - bearcatmark - 10-30-2017 10:50 AM

(10-30-2017 10:47 AM)Lush Wrote:  

1) Dixie
2) Camp Washington

well that seals it. gold star isn't cincinnati chili. i didn't know they did burgers for some silly reason

Blue Ash Chili does too and have a ton of lunch meat sandwiches as well. Camp Washington also has an extensive menu that includes burgers and lunch meat sandwiches.

RE: More troubling player news - Lush - 10-30-2017 11:02 AM

(10-30-2017 10:50 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(10-30-2017 10:47 AM)Lush Wrote:  

1) Dixie
2) Camp Washington

Blue Ash Chili does too and have a ton of lunch meat sandwiches as well. Camp Washington also has an extensive menu that includes burgers and lunch meat sandwiches.

right, because they never just did chili

RE: More troubling player news - Lush - 10-30-2017 11:06 AM

gold star probably only added the option burger to appease the non native/assimilated in the group. to get some laughable edge. such nonsense. this is the first i'm hearing of this. they sucked already

RE: More troubling player news - jarr - 10-30-2017 11:38 AM

The only chilli joint I know of that doesn't have other food options is Skyline. I think originally when Empress and all the original ones started,the Chilli was kind of a side thing.

RE: More troubling player news - dsquare - 10-30-2017 11:39 AM

I like Gold Star, smart kid.

RE: More troubling player news - doss2 - 10-30-2017 12:21 PM

Eating at Gold Star necessitates a 3 day suspension so the player can sit on the throne.

RE: More troubling player news - GoCats1994 - 10-30-2017 01:16 PM

Skyline crackers > Gold Star crackers

Much better for cracker bombs!!!

RE: More troubling player news - bearcat54 - 10-30-2017 01:20 PM

we must be awfully bored today. Quit wasting people's time with such nonsense, are ya lizznnin'?