CSNbbs
Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... (/thread-831673.html)

Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - eaglebeaver - 10-29-2017 08:20 PM

Miss. Southern....

TRACE CLOPTON (6-3 294 lbs.) also has offers from Memphis, Air Force, Marshall, ULaLa, Tulane, UTSA and others...while OP and Derrick Nix are recruiting him strongly.

Maybe we can beat UAB around 2022! 04-cheers

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - Eagle9 - 10-29-2017 08:39 PM

Hop is a great guy and a good recruiter. The question is and always has been whether or not he can be better than an average coach. So far the answer is no. I'm not writing him off yet. But if we are still losing to mediocre teams at home next year, it's time to move on.

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - EagNBran - 10-29-2017 08:55 PM

Trace is a great guy with a heart of gold. He's gonna work his tail off and we'll be proud to have him as part of the team. And his dad is a fantastic coach here in Brookhaven too.

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - stinkfist - 10-29-2017 09:17 PM

(10-29-2017 08:39 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  Hop is a great guy and a good recruiter. The question is and always has been whether or not he can be better than an average coach. So far the answer is no. I'm not writing him off yet. But if we are still losing to mediocre teams at home next year, it's time to move on.

completely agree.....

we're going to lose some serious firepower after this year......and to date, he and Dawson are wasting what we currently have....

he tossed in his chips on a KH swac oriented schema..........bad move bubby......

I don't have any faith in their offensive philosophy at this point......none, nada, zilch......

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - Eagle9 - 10-29-2017 10:08 PM

I also think Dawson is a decent coach, but he's no Monken. Dawson is an air raid huh at heart, mixing in some QB run stuff that Hopson likes. A lot of the air raid guys have struggled in recent years. They absolutely tortured defenses from about 2000-2010 when defenses were stuck in the stone ages. Now defenses have adjusted and modernized their coverages and you have to be more creative than most air raid guys really want to be.

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - usm99 - 10-30-2017 01:33 PM

(10-29-2017 08:55 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  Trace is a great guy with a heart of gold. He's gonna work his tail off and we'll be proud to have him as part of the team. And his dad is a fantastic coach here in Brookhaven too.

FWIW...the dad (Tommy) is a former student manager for USM back in the mid to late 90s.

RE: Well, for some Good News, 3 Star Center from Brookhaven Commits to... - EagleX - 10-30-2017 01:56 PM

(10-29-2017 08:39 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  Hop is a great guy and a good recruiter. The question is and always has been whether or not he can be better than an average coach. So far the answer is no. I'm not writing him off yet. But if we are still losing to mediocre teams at home next year, it's time to move on.

losing to mediocre teams, and we should discount the miracle win against la tech. first of all, I'm not sure if we won, or they collapsed. but also, that's just not a sustainable way to win games.

if we had lost, I think griggs would have started saturday, and we would have had a different gameplan besides "more of the same ****".

get right down to it, that win last week hurt as much as it helped.