CSNbbs
Coaching Carousel 2018... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Coaching Carousel 2018... (/thread-831650.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - JackieTreehorn - 12-01-2017 11:19 AM

(12-01-2017 11:12 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:04 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  EDIT:
Rocky Flop! Current List of Vols Nation coaching targets:

Jon Gruden - Check
Chip Kelly - Check
Dan Mullen - Check
Greg Schiano - Check
David Cutcliffe - Check
Jason Witten - Check
Mike Gundy - Check
Jim Bob Cooter - Check
Jeff Brohm - Check
Dave Doeren - Check
Kevin Sumlin - Check
Mike Leach - Check
Chad Morris - TBD
Tee Martin - TBD
Phil Fulmer - AD/Coach TBD

With the canning of AD Currie, can this poop show get any stinkier? Unreal. Raise your hand if you are thankful this is not our university! Embarrassing and unprofessional. The lack of leadership and cohesiveness is glaring. Good odds that Fulmer becomes interim coach/AD ala Barry Alvarez of Wisconsin to put water on this uncontrolled burn.

My UT buddy who follows this very closely says this entire process has been played out as expected to set up what is bolded above. This is basically Phil Fulmer's Revenge and a process to separate Jim Haslam's influence from UT athletics (Haslam was the one who pushed to fire Fulmer all those years ago).

He states Fulmer has been calling coaches across the country telling them not to accept the job.

yeah, but the Haslams know so much about about football. Look at the great job they're doing with the Browns03-lmfao

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - UCGrad1992 - 12-01-2017 11:20 AM

Jon Gruden - Check
Chip Kelly - Check
Dan Mullen - Check
Greg Schiano - Check
David Cutcliffe - Check
Jason Witten - Check
Mike Gundy - Check
Jim Bob Cooter - Check
Jeff Brohm - Check
Dave Doeren - Check
Kevin Sumlin - Check
Mike Leach - Check
Chad Morris - TBD
Tee Martin - TBD

With the canning of AD Currie, can this poop show get any stinkier? Unreal. Raise your hand if you are thankful this is not our university! Embarrassing and unprofessional. The lack of leadership and cohesiveness is glaring. Good odds that Fulmer becomes interim coach/AD ala Barry Alvarez of Wisconsin to put water on this uncontrolled burn.

My UT buddy who follows this very closely says this entire process has been played out as expected to set up what is bolded above. This is basically Phil Fulmer's Revenge and a process to separate Jim Haslam's influence from UT athletics (Haslam was the one who pushed to fire Fulmer all those years ago).

He states Fulmer has been calling coaches across the country telling them not to accept the job.

And to your point (or your UT buddy) Clifton, is why UT has been spurned more times than a meth addict-HIV positive hooker in Cambodia. Who in the world would want to be a part of this poisoned athletics institution? You know who the biggest winner in all of this mess is? Butch Jones. He has got to be relieved to get out of Knoxville yesterday with a nice severance check.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - CliftonAve - 12-01-2017 11:23 AM

(12-01-2017 11:20 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Jon Gruden - Check
Chip Kelly - Check
Dan Mullen - Check
Greg Schiano - Check
David Cutcliffe - Check
Jason Witten - Check
Mike Gundy - Check
Jim Bob Cooter - Check
Jeff Brohm - Check
Dave Doeren - Check
Kevin Sumlin - Check
Mike Leach - Check
Chad Morris - TBD
Tee Martin - TBD

And to your point (or your UT buddy) Clifton, is why UT has been spurned more times than a meth addict-HIV positive hooker in Cambodia. Who in the world would want to be a part of this poisoned athletics institution? You know who the biggest winner in all of this mess is? Butch Jones. He has got to be relieved to get out of Knoxville yesterday with a nice severance check.

Butch's getting paid handsomely.... and he'll soon land a job somewhere in the G5/lower tier P5 where he'll get a Charlie Strong type pay structure.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - bearcatfan - 12-01-2017 11:50 AM

This is quite a circus!

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - TubaCat - 12-01-2017 12:00 PM

I doubt there will be many people (who already have a good thing going) lining up to dive into that cesspit of drama at a has-been program.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - TubaCat - 12-01-2017 12:13 PM

I don't know if UT will be able to attract a proven AD or coach from any solid program. They may have to pick out a young, hungry guy from the low majors. It could be difficult to attract candidates from most mid majors, as anyone still looking to move up from that level might want to wait it out for a safer opportunity. That's how I would feel, anyway. I don't think Bohn would be desparate for that job.

Even before crashing into the ground, I've thought UT's hires from us were questionable:

Hire Butch Jones? Oh well, Cincy can do better.
Hire Bev Davenport? lolwut

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - QSECOFR - 12-01-2017 12:23 PM

I just finished reading all of the posts about the Rocky Top Fumble. I had to double check the URL to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - geef - 12-01-2017 12:32 PM

Wow. Currie was just hired as AD on April 1, and now HE'S out. Please, please, please - may this coaching search never end!

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - BigDawg - 12-01-2017 12:36 PM

(12-01-2017 12:13 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  I don't know if UT will be able to attract a proven AD or coach from any solid program. They may have to pick out a young, hungry guy from the low majors. It could be difficult to attract candidates from most mid majors, as anyone still looking to move up from that level might want to wait it out for a safer opportunity. That's how I would feel, anyway. I don't think Bohn would be desparate for that job.

Even before crashing into the ground, I've thought UT's hires from us were questionable:

Hire Butch Jones? Oh well, Cincy can do better.
Hire Bev Davenport? lolwut

If they decide to step to lower levels, I think it will be an easy sell, even though it is toxic. So I can go from making 300,000/yr to 3-4 million a year and if I somehow bring them back, I'll be a god? Sign me up and I'm sure almost every coach at that level would be on board. Yes there is a ton or pressure to win, but you can't be any worse than they are now and have a ton of recruiting advantages and a huge paycheck.

Plus usually you'd have to take another step or two up before a high profile gig like that was in your sights.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - bearcatmark - 12-01-2017 12:37 PM

They should go get Eddie Gran.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - doss2 - 12-01-2017 12:52 PM

Scott Satterfield -AP State

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - rath v2.0 - 12-01-2017 01:20 PM

I thought Fulmer was still doing commercials for reverse mortgages.03-lmfao

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - Banter - 12-01-2017 01:28 PM

Big news on the FSU/ Jimbo Fisher front ... https://twitter.com/WayneMcGaheeIII/status/936648576956092418

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - Marcus - 12-01-2017 01:40 PM

What is going on at Tennessee is almost a carbon copy of what went down at Alabama in 2007 during the whole Rich Rod to Nick Saban fiasco and the whole Bryant Jr. mess.

It's an all out booster war.

Here is a little background on what is happening at Tennessee.

About 10-15 years ago one booster took over everything on that campus. He has made every single decision especially pertaining to the football program and he has all but destroyed the program. That booster also happens to be Jim Haslam, yes the very owner of the Cleveland Browns.

The Tennesee AD and everyone else from the Chancellor to the President, to the BOT (who Haslam's brother, the Governor of TN has all appointed) are his lap dogs and do his bidding. The whole thing has been one giant cluster being led by the big guy at the very top. Coaches refuse to work for an AD and especially a booster who wants to control their every move. That is why nobody is taking the job.

Well today all of the other big boosters (who Fulmer is aligned with) finally had enough and are basically staging a coup to take back the program and the University. Will it work, who knows, but that is what's happening.

This is not uncommon with the SEC. Same thing happened with Bobby Lowder the booster at Auburn as well about 20 years ago. Just crazy stuff.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - Cataclysmo - 12-01-2017 01:47 PM

Yeah but at least those boosters didn't let a soccer team play in Neyland

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - TubaCat - 12-01-2017 01:56 PM

Tennessee's crumbling
Tuberville is the answer
God help Tennessee

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - Marcus - 12-01-2017 02:07 PM

(12-01-2017 01:56 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  Tennessee's crumbling
Tuberville is the answer
God help Tennessee

Actually I think they are in a much better place today than they were yesterday.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - bctn8n - 12-01-2017 02:13 PM

Jimbo to A&M

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - CliftonAve - 12-01-2017 02:26 PM

Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams · 25m25 minutes ago

More

While UT considered Reid Sigmon for interim AD job to replace the fired John Currie, Phillip Fulmer will be named the athletic director at the 4 pm presser, but don't know if full time or interim. With Fulmer at the helm, don't be surprised if pool of candidates opens up.

RE: Coaching Carousel 2018... - bearcatdp - 12-01-2017 02:33 PM

Would be funny if FSU hires Mike Leach.