CSNbbs
Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory (/thread-831626.html)

Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - sfink16 - 10-29-2017 12:17 PM

How many AAC teams had victory within their vision only to somehow blow late leads?

Immediately coming to my mind was when the Temple team had victory all but clinched only to somehow lose to Army. Obviously yesterday's USF team gave away a victory at home against Houston. I suppose Houston giving up a 14 point lead with just over 5 minutes to play against Memphis might count as well, although they still did have enough time on the clock to potentially pull it out.

Are there any others I missed? I'm sure I have as I haven't followed each game that closely.

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - M1T4 - 10-29-2017 12:19 PM

(10-29-2017 12:17 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  How many AAC teams had victory within their vision only to somehow blow late leads?

Immediately coming to my mind was when the Temple team had victory all but clinched only to somehow lose to Army. Obviously yesterday's USF team gave away a victory at home against Houston. I suppose Houston giving up a 14 point lead with just over 5 minutes to play against Memphis might count as well, although they still did have enough time on the clock to potentially pull it out.

Are there any others I missed? I'm sure I have as I haven't followed each game that closely.

Fuente last year at Memphis playing Houston at Houston. That hurt

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - geosnooker2000 - 10-29-2017 01:04 PM

(10-29-2017 12:17 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  How many AAC teams had victory within their vision only to somehow blow late leads?

Well... We DID have UCF right where we wanted them. But then we just didn't score those last 4 touchdowns...

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - NestaKnight1 - 10-29-2017 04:30 PM

Anyone remember last years Temple/UCF game?

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - shere khan - 10-29-2017 04:54 PM

(10-29-2017 01:04 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Well... We DID have UCF right where we wanted them. But then we just didn't score those last 4 touchdowns...

03-lmfao

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - NestaKnight1 - 10-29-2017 05:12 PM

(10-29-2017 01:04 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

That is some pretty funny stuff right there!

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - HuskyU - 10-29-2017 06:24 PM

I saw "snatch" in the title...

...and now am very disappointed.

RE: Snatching Defeat From Jaws of Victory - Hurricane Drummer - 10-30-2017 07:41 AM

This season alone Tulsa has lost 2 games on walk off field goals, lost another when a pass was batted down in the endzone on the last play (extra point would have won it), and blew a 2 TD lead to SMU to lose by 4.