CSNbbs
This truly is the death of USM football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: This truly is the death of USM football (/thread-831568.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

This truly is the death of USM football - TTT - 10-28-2017 09:08 PM

Yep. USM football is dead. We will never have more than 20k fans at a game. I said it after the UNT game. Our ship sailed a long time ago. We have been passed up by every school that has been in our conference. We couldn't grow our fan base when we were good and we definitely can't now.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - eaglebeaver - 10-28-2017 09:10 PM

(10-28-2017 09:08 PM)TTT Wrote:  Yep. USM football is dead. We will never have more than 20k fans at a game. I said it after the UNT game. Our ship sailed a long time ago. We have been passed up by every school that has been in our conference. We couldn't grow our fan base when we were good and we definitely can't now.

I will never give up but this sure makes it hard as hell not to be a Bama fan and win every week.

Oh well, life goes on..and that is why the monks invented beer

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - BeagleUSM - 10-28-2017 09:12 PM

It was over when Giannini couldn't get us in the Big East/AAC. Just circling the drain now.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - flowoodeagle - 10-28-2017 09:13 PM

We just lost to a school that had no program for two years. They picked up where they left off beating us.

It's comical at this point to wonder why our attendance sucks.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - EagleX - 10-28-2017 09:16 PM

well, thank god no one is ******* over reacting.

all problems have solutions. all challenges can be met and overcome. the trick is to find the actual problem.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - eaglebeaver - 10-28-2017 09:19 PM

(10-28-2017 09:16 PM)EagleX Wrote:  well, thank god no one is ******* over reacting.

all problems have solutions. all challenges can be met and overcome. the trick is to find the actual problem.

Thank you Tony Robbins! 04-cheers

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - EagleX - 10-28-2017 09:21 PM

(10-28-2017 09:19 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 09:16 PM)EagleX Wrote:  well, thank god no one is ******* over reacting.

as agonizing as it is, somebody has to be that guy.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - eaglebeaver - 10-28-2017 09:25 PM

(10-28-2017 09:21 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 09:19 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

as agonizing as it is, somebody has to be that guy.

Hell, they've put a dagger thru my heart many times....but we've always pulled it out and stuck that booger in another program...This one, howevah, will stay in my heart a little while longer before it is extracted, Tony 04-cheers

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - Reggie Favre - 10-28-2017 09:51 PM

lesson to be learned? as i said a couple years ago.....load up on JUCO and P5 transfers. screw it! who cares about "doing it the right way"? we saw where Pappy Buttermilk and Daddy Hop got us by doing it the "right way". Heck, it wasn't until Monk finally loaded up on JUCOs that he could win more than 3 games?! UAB hasn't played in years, and despite getting beat by winless Charlotte, has still managed to be one of the best teams in this crap conference, by loading up on JUCO and transfers....and embarrassing Miss Southern at home at the scary blackout game. well, they apparently have a pretty good coach too. that kinda helps.

actually.....its prob got nothing to do with JUCOs and transfers, bc we have enough talent on this team to win. we have a lot of talent imo on this team. its that Hopson sux!

know what im sayin'?

i mean, at the end of the day.....Daddy Hopson sux.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - eaglebeaver - 10-28-2017 10:13 PM

(10-28-2017 09:51 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  lesson to be learned? as i said a couple years ago.....load up on JUCO and P5 transfers. screw it! who cares about "doing it the right way"? we saw where Pappy Buttermilk and Daddy Hop got us by doing it the "right way". Heck, it wasn't until Monk finally loaded up on JUCOs that he could win more than 3 games?! UAB hasn't played in years, and despite getting beat by winless Charlotte, has still managed to be one of the best teams in this crap conference, by loading up on JUCO and transfers....and embarrassing Miss Southern at home at the scary blackout game. well, they apparently have a pretty good coach too. that kinda helps.

actually.....its prob got nothing to do with JUCOs and transfers, bc we have enough talent on this team to win. we have a lot of talent imo on this team. its that Hopson sux!

know what im sayin'?

UAB corch looked our way when Monky left and we didn't wanna pay up...

He did what any sane HC would do---he stopped our ridiculous dive play and put doubt in Keon's head...and then he ran draw plays over and over because we are over-aggressive!

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - shiftyeagle - 10-28-2017 10:21 PM

Losing by 18 at home to a program that didn't exist last year.

That's a first.

Sent from my SM-G925F using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - southernbirds67 - 10-28-2017 10:25 PM

Ha! We showed ESPN their FPI predictor is a crock of shite! We were favored 80%. Look out Tennessee! You're 80% to beat USM.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - baruna falls - 10-29-2017 09:06 AM

Did Usm try to get in the AAC?

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - shiftyeagle - 10-29-2017 09:25 AM

(10-29-2017 09:06 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  Did Usm try to get in the AAC?

I have my doubts about this.

Sent from my SM-G925F using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - HarborPointe - 10-29-2017 09:41 AM

(10-28-2017 10:21 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Losing by 18 at home to a program that didn't exist last year.

That's a first.

Sadly, we’ll need a reference before accepting that as fact.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - stinkfist - 10-29-2017 09:49 AM

(10-29-2017 09:41 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 10:21 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Losing by 18 at home to a program that didn't exist last year.

That's a first.

Sadly, we’ll need a reference before accepting that as fact.

the avg. age of those on their team is 22/23....oh yeah, they have a pretty damn good coach too....

their OL moved our DL around like rag dolls.....toss in they have a moose for a RB and we didn't adjust with blitz schemes???......another L.....

did I mention our QB clusterbang????

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - stinkfist - 10-29-2017 09:54 AM

(10-28-2017 09:51 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  lesson to be learned? as i said a couple years ago.....load up on JUCO and P5 transfers. screw it! who cares about "doing it the right way"? we saw where Pappy Buttermilk and Daddy Hop got us by doing it the "right way". Heck, it wasn't until Monk finally loaded up on JUCOs that he could win more than 3 games?! UAB hasn't played in years, and despite getting beat by winless Charlotte, has still managed to be one of the best teams in this crap conference, by loading up on JUCO and transfers....and embarrassing Miss Southern at home at the scary blackout game. well, they apparently have a pretty good coach too. that kinda helps.

know what im sayin'?

I remember all the goons that were against recruiting that way......we need talent immediately....like yesterday....you have to find the right blend of true frosh and juco.....we don't have a choice at this point.......

however, our problem is behind center and coaching......the talent on this team is better than their record.....

if we blitz scheme against UT like we did against UAB, we're going to get crushed.....

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - HarborPointe - 10-29-2017 10:11 AM

(10-29-2017 09:49 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  the avg. age of those on their team is 22/23....oh yeah, they have a pretty damn good coach too....

their OL moved our DL around like rag dolls.....toss in they have a moose for a RB and we didn't adjust with blitz schemes???......another L.....

Not to excuse the clusterfudge the entire game was on our part, but yeah, UAB isn’t a typical 1st-year program. They came in here with a winning record and similar/better performances vs. common opponents. We stunk it up well beyond any reasonable expectation, but the loss itself shouldn’t have shocked anybody.

We’ll turn around and scare the crap out of Tennessee now because that’s just what we do.

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - stinkfist - 10-29-2017 12:43 PM

(10-29-2017 10:11 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(10-29-2017 09:49 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  the avg. age of those on their team is 22/23....oh yeah, they have a pretty damn good coach too....

Not to excuse the clusterfudge the entire game was on our part, but yeah, UAB isn’t a typical 1st-year program. They came in here with a winning record and similar/better performances vs. common opponents. We stunk it up well beyond any reasonable expectation, but the loss itself shouldn’t have shocked anybody.

We’ll turn around and scare the crap out of Tennessee now because that’s just what we do.

dude, my bookie called me on his way to the game, and I told him UAB was a tap-in.....however, when I see a number open that ridiculously out of shape, I just lay off the game.....

the only reason we opened at -13 (dropped to 11) was because of brand recognition......how's that for irony???

you might be right about UT......but I wouldn't touch it.....I think they run it down our throats the entire game unless we stack it......and I don't see that happening.....

they're going to wear our arse out to the point where D tongues are dragging by the Q3....

RE: This truly is the death of USM football - Black Diamond Reb - 10-29-2017 03:08 PM

(10-29-2017 09:54 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  We don't have a choice at this point.

Sure you do .. Take it or leave it. Because it's not changing anytime soon if at all.