CSNbbs
Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer (/thread-831213.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - dbackjon - 10-25-2017 12:59 PM

http://www.clintonchronicle.com/sports/petition-delay-action-pc-football

Presbyterian College's Board of Trustees intends to vote on November 11, 2017, to remove athletic scholarships from the D1 football team (potentially entering the Pioneer league). An issue as big as football and athletics that will have implications across every aspect of campus life should be made with input from students, athletes, alumni and the larger PC family. An opportunity to voice our thoughts must be heard BEFORE a vote. Since the Board of Trustees will expect Alumni to support the college following the decision, they should stop and listen before making the final decision. By signing this petition, you are asking that the vote is delayed until an open and transparent investigation occurs, making sure that all options have been explored.
We, the undersigned, call on the Presbyterian College Board of Trustees and Administration to delay the vote to make changes to the football program until an open and transparent investigation occurs, input is gathered from all affected parties (including alumni) and all options have been explored.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - dbackjon - 10-25-2017 01:00 PM

PC really needs to consider going back to D2

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Kaplony - 10-25-2017 01:50 PM

(10-25-2017 01:00 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  PC really needs to consider going back to D2

It'll never happen. They would hate to come crawling back to the SAC.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Fighting Muskie - 10-25-2017 02:00 PM

And once again the Big South football conference finds itself in trouble. It's too bad they can't just farm out all the programs as affiliates to other leagues:

OVC: UNA, Kennesaw St
Pioneer: Presbyterian, Campbell
SoCon: Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern
CAA: Monmouth

Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell rethinks their decision and maybe others as well go the Pioneer route.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Yosef Himself - 10-25-2017 02:02 PM

KSU or UNA plus Campbell would be a good 2-team pick-up by the SOCON. So that means it'll never ever happen

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - TexanMark - 10-25-2017 02:07 PM

They have no business playing D-1...should be back with other tiny schools like Newberry and Mars Hill. The college I attended was 7-8 times bigger and happy playing D-3.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Fighting Muskie - 10-25-2017 02:09 PM

(10-25-2017 02:02 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  KSU or UNA plus Campbell would be a good 2-team pick-up by the SOCON. So that means it'll never ever happen

SoCon and OVC are both at 9 football schools. Going to 12 with UNA, Kennesaw St, and one other would be a great move for both conferences.

I wonder if the SoCon's public schools East Tennessee, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga could lobby for more public representation.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - The Cutter of Bish - 10-25-2017 02:56 PM

So, I guess BSFC won't be like Patriot, where Presby could be like G-Town, not offer scholarships and still compete in the conference with disastrous results, or offer a very limited number like a stripped down NEC member?

Again, we ALL wait for MEAC or SWAC to shed someone, ANYONE to free themselves from that horrible trainwreck...I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths.

Gotta think the screws are tightening on Jacksonville and Stetson. Or, now there's another chance for a conversation at UNF or FGCU...

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - utpotts - 10-25-2017 03:08 PM

My god whats David St going to do!!!!!!!!!

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Fighting Muskie - 10-25-2017 03:15 PM

(10-25-2017 03:08 PM)utpotts Wrote:  My god whats David St going to do!!!!!!!!!

I think David Prognosticated that Presbyterian was going to replace Clemson in the ACC.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Fighting Muskie - 10-25-2017 03:18 PM

(10-25-2017 02:56 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  So, I guess BSFC won't be like Patriot, where Presby could be like G-Town, not offer scholarships and still compete in the conference with disastrous results, or offer a very limited number like a stripped down NEC member?

Again, we ALL wait for MEAC or SWAC to shed someone, ANYONE to free themselves from that horrible trainwreck...I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths.

Gotta think the screws are tightening on Jacksonville and Stetson. Or, now there's another chance for a conversation at UNF or FGCU...

UNF and FGCU could be solid FCS programs but they better do it soon or their may be no Big South Football Conference for them to join--they seem to lose a member every time they sign someone else up to join.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - The Cutter of Bish - 10-25-2017 03:25 PM

(10-25-2017 03:18 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(10-25-2017 02:56 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  So, I guess BSFC won't be like Patriot, where Presby could be like G-Town, not offer scholarships and still compete in the conference with disastrous results, or offer a very limited number like a stripped down NEC member?

UNF and FGCU could be solid FCS programs but they better do it soon or their may be no Big South Football Conference for them to join--they seem to lose a member every time they sign someone else up to join.

IIRC, FGCU was the closer of the two. "Not right now" was their response. Well, we're past that...so how about now?

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - AssyrianDuke - 10-25-2017 04:48 PM

(10-25-2017 03:15 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(10-25-2017 03:08 PM)utpotts Wrote:  My god whats David St going to do!!!!!!!!!

I think David Prognosticated that Presbyterian was going to replace Clemson in the ACC.

Actually it was Duke. Replacing Blue Devils with Blue Hose just has that poetic justice about it.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - gosports1 - 10-25-2017 07:31 PM

what is the enrollment at (the other) PC?

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - chargeradio - 10-25-2017 07:35 PM

Presbyterian just should drop football and add Men's Lacrosse

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - Kaplony - 10-25-2017 08:03 PM

(10-25-2017 07:31 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  what is the enrollment at (the other) PC?

Around 1500 total undergrad and graduate

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - DavidSt - 10-25-2017 08:45 PM

I do think that both A-Sun and Big South do some invites from D2 schools.
Valdosta State
West georgia
Florida Tech
West Florida
Catawba
Carson Newmann
Slippey Rocky
Indiana, PA.
Kutztown
Bellarmine
All could go somewhere.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - NoDak - 10-25-2017 10:25 PM

(10-25-2017 07:35 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  Presbyterian just should drop football and add Men's Lacrosse

That would make a lot of sense. But enrollment probably needs no-scholarship fb more.

Wofford just up I-26 a bit from Presbyterian has barely more enrollment but almost double the endowment. Wofford is leading the Southern as this is written.

Stayed in Clinton one might and took a driving tour of the campus. It was more impressive that I would have thought.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - AZcats - 10-25-2017 10:46 PM

(10-25-2017 08:45 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I do think that both A-Sun and Big South do some invites from D2 schools.
Valdosta State
West georgia
Florida Tech
West Florida
Catawba
Carson Newmann
Slippey Rocky
Indiana, PA.
Kutztown
Bellarmine
All could go somewhere.

Ask and ye shall receive a DavidSt fantasy list.

RE: Presbyterian Football in trouble? (may drop, go Pioneer - TexanMark - 10-25-2017 11:10 PM

(10-25-2017 10:46 PM)AZcats Wrote:  
(10-25-2017 08:45 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I do think that both A-Sun and Big South do some invites from D2 schools.
Valdosta State
West georgia
Florida Tech
West Florida
Catawba
Carson Newmann
Slippey Rocky
Indiana, PA.
Kutztown
Bellarmine
All could go somewhere.

Ask and ye shall receive a DavidSt fantasy list.

I found pure gold...Slippey Rocky vs Carson Newmann

TV execs will clamor to get a chance to put this game on Facebook Live.