CSNbbs
Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? (/thread-830616.html)

Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - BIGDTiger - 10-19-2017 11:41 PM

It’s a legitimate thought. Their athletic department has been severely exposed since joining the acc.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Tigx - 10-19-2017 11:53 PM

Will never happen.

And Memphis wouldn't get the replacement invite anyway, if that is where you were going.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - AlonsoWDC - 10-20-2017 12:09 AM

Of course they could. Any conference could. Every member of every conference is there by appointment, and is subject to removal.

However, if the Big Ten wouldn't even CONSIDER removing Penn State, Louisville will be fine in the ACC.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Tigx - 10-20-2017 12:26 AM

Don't think Duke, UNC, Syracuse, NC State . . . have had players and their families getting paid big bucks by shoe companies for years? This is no surprise to those schools, they are just hoping the FBI doesn't have the goods on them too.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Claw - 10-20-2017 07:35 PM

(10-20-2017 12:26 AM)Tigx Wrote:  Don't think Duke, UNC, Syracuse, NC State . . . have had players and their families getting paid big bucks by shoe companies for years? This is no surprise to those schools, they are just hoping the FBI doesn't have the goods on them too.

All the more reason to kick Louisville out. Deflect.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - NigelTufnel - 10-21-2017 03:35 PM

(10-20-2017 07:35 PM)Claw Wrote:  
(10-20-2017 12:26 AM)Tigx Wrote:  Don't think Duke, UNC, Syracuse, NC State . . . have had players and their families getting paid big bucks by shoe companies for years? This is no surprise to those schools, they are just hoping the FBI doesn't have the goods on them too.

Then what happens when UNCheat gets caught ... that's bad precedent. So it ain't happening.

Living in Raleigh, NC; I know a lot of ACC fans, they pretty much universally hate Louisville; and most think they don't belong in the conference ... but it still isn't going to happen.

They would also owe Louisville around 50 million (that's the # I heard anyway), which coincidentally is about what Louisville owes Pitino unless they can find a way out of it.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - memtigbb - 10-21-2017 05:43 PM

Yeah they will be kicking UNC and Louisville out in the next 24 hours.............. nope.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - BIGDTiger - 10-27-2017 04:31 PM

If Louisville gets the Death penalty, and I know that’s a big if, the ACC will have no choice but to kick them out. I would expect that UCONN would get the call in the event this happens

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Crazier - 10-27-2017 05:57 PM

They would have never gotten the invite if this came out before expansion. Louisville will probably be the bottom feeders of the conference going forward

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - dcg141 - 10-28-2017 10:02 AM

(10-21-2017 03:35 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  
(10-20-2017 07:35 PM)Claw Wrote:  

Then what happens when UNCheat gets caught ... that's bad precedent. So it ain't happening.

Living in Raleigh, NC; I know a lot of ACC fans, they pretty much universally hate Louisville; and most think they don't belong in the conference ... but it still isn't going to happen.

They would also owe Louisville around 50 million (that's the # I heard anyway), which coincidentally is about what Louisville owes Pitino unless they can find a way out of it.

MMmmmmmmm Char-Grill

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - TallTiger - 10-31-2017 02:34 AM

Remember when they joined the ACC, Louisville thought they would dominate...it hasn't happened.

We were hit hard about our academics the last conference expansion talk. Hope we have improved.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - Tigx - 10-31-2017 09:09 AM

(10-31-2017 02:34 AM)TallTiger Wrote:  Remember when they joined the ACC, Louisville thought they would dominate...it hasn't happened.

We were hit hard about our academics the last conference expansion talk. Hope we have improved.

Dude, Louisville won the hoops National Championship in 2013, and had the Heisman trophy winner in football last year. I would say they are doing fine.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - CKMcDan - 11-02-2017 04:33 PM

(10-27-2017 04:31 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If Louisville gets the Death penalty, and I know that’s a big if, the ACC will have no choice but to kick them out. I would expect that UCONN would get the call in the event this happens

If this happens, the AAC replaces UConn with Louisville in a red hot second.
We beat up on them for a couple of years, then they get things going again, and the old Metro Conference rivalries are back.

RE: Could the ACC kick Louisville out? - AlonsoWDC - 11-02-2017 05:59 PM

No way the ACC replaces Louisville with UConn.

With Louisville gone, the ACC has fourteen members and would be fine. In football though, they would be down to thirteen and would need someone to replace Louisville to keep the divisions even. So in a sense, they're looking for a football-first profile, even if the replacement will become a full member. UConn football would only lower the ACC's profile.