CSNbbs
3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. (/thread-830371.html)

3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - geosnooker2000 - 10-17-2017 04:40 PM

As we get close to the CCG, if we start climbing as a trio, I'll bet the talking heads will start discounting our being there.

It will be a coordinated attack from all networks, and the sports version of Rush Limbaugh could probably put together a montage of them all parroting the same talking points about... well you come up with them. I'll start off:

- "they didn't play anybody, so they just beat up on the bottom half of their conference."

- "These were just token top25 votes for the access spot. They really don't mean they are ACTUALLY top25 teams."

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - Sellular1 - 10-17-2017 04:55 PM

(10-17-2017 04:40 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  As we get close to the CCG, if we start climbing as a trio, I'll bet the talking heads will start discounting our being there.

It will be a coordinated attack from all networks, and the sports version of Rush Limbaugh could probably put together a montage of them all parroting the same talking points about... well you come up with them. I'll start off:

- "they didn't play anybody, so they just beat up on the bottom half of their conference."

- "These were just token top25 votes for the access spot. They really don't mean they are ACTUALLY top25 teams."

Maybe, but in USF's case IF they go to the CCG it will be on a 16 game winning streak. Should help the cause.

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - TU4ever - 10-17-2017 04:55 PM

(10-17-2017 04:40 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  As we get close to the CCG, if we start climbing as a trio, I'll bet the talking heads will start discounting our being there.

You mean the quo/fanhood arguments?

Yeah we'll see some of that, not sure if whole networks will, but someone from every network will.

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - HuskyU - 10-17-2017 05:01 PM

(10-17-2017 04:55 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  

Yeah we'll see some of that, not sure if whole networks will, but someone from every network will.

* Quohood

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - Poseidon - 10-17-2017 05:22 PM

"If they had to play the likes of Cal, Syracuse, AZ state, or Iowa State they would lose."

Wait nevermind...

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - UofMstateU - 10-17-2017 05:29 PM

Ask them if they recall the UCF vs Baylor BCS game.

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - Kruciff - 10-17-2017 05:43 PM

This is actually, a best case scenario tbh. Not counting bowl season, I don't see how we don't finish with 3 ranked teams in conference. Memphis is the class of the west, and UCF / USF face their toughest tests in Navy / Houston, if we can get past them unscathed...

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - geosnooker2000 - 10-17-2017 10:31 PM

No, I'm not talking about arguments about who is it between an AAC team or a MW team that deserves the access spot. No, I'm talking about the cartel making arguments about why the AAC has three ranked teams and how it is a mistake to have that many "G5" teams ranked from any one conference. I mean, we might get all upiddy now and think we are making a stronger case for P6 inclusion. And they can't have that.

I'm telling you, look for the attacks. Or the relief on their faces if one of us three looses in the next couple of weeks.

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - shere khan - 10-18-2017 12:10 AM

mcmurphy hit piece coming, bank it

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - SublimeKnight - 10-18-2017 05:17 AM

(10-18-2017 12:10 AM)shere khan Wrote:  mcmurphy hit piece coming, bank it

Another "G5 playoffs" article or a different angle?

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - Bearcats#1 - 10-18-2017 05:54 AM

(10-17-2017 05:01 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

* Quohood

haha

The Quohood Gambit

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - TU4ever - 10-18-2017 12:24 PM

(10-18-2017 05:54 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 05:01 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

* Quohood

haha

The Quohood Gambit

If i could give +

RE: 3 top 25 teams... look for the negativity in the coming days. - CyberBull - 10-18-2017 03:24 PM

Unless USF, UCF, Memphis and Navy completely tank...

We can all finish in the Top25 with strong finishes.

However, you can already see the big conference media bias at work. Some talking heads are already discounting the three Top25 teams b/c of our conference and SOS. However, that doesn't stop them from saying how Notre Dame can be a dark horse playoff team if the run the table and beat a "Top 25 Navy team". They basically want to have it both ways. AAC teams suck when we take P5 schools 'spot' in the Top 25....or they give us a backhanded compliment when saying that "they are pretty good for a G5 school". Meanwhile the B1G, PAC12 etc get 'fat' while feasting on their conference's sister of the power.