CSNbbs
Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? (/thread-829756.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - EarthBoundMisfit - 10-12-2017 12:55 AM

http://www.nationofblue.com/fbi-refuses-to-release-documents-regarding-kansas-involvement-with-adidas-due-to-ongoing-investigation/

FBI Refuses to Release Documents Regarding Kansas Involvement with Adidas Due to “Ongoing Investigation”

The FBI has refused a Freedom of Information Act request by the Kansan regarding Kansas’ involvement with Adidas.
According to a report, the FBI confirmed that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with Adidas, but cannot release those documents due to an ongoing legal investigation.
Here are more details:
The presence of documents responsive to the Kansan’s request, filed on Sept. 27, does not necessarily implicate the University in wrongdoing, but appears to contradict what Kansas Athletics officials said after the scandal broke.
The Kansan asked for “all documents and communications within this investigation related to the University of Kansas and any of its sponsorship deals with Adidas or any investigation of Kansas basketball coaches.”
On Sept. 26, the FBI announced that four assistant basketball coaches from Arizona, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Southern California had been arrested on a slew of bribery and fraud charges related to the investigation into Adidas. Louisville head coach Rick Pitino was fired a short time after the arrests were made for the school’s involvement in the scandal.
Wednesday, the FBI said the material requested by the Kansan “is located in an investigative file which is exempt from disclosure.”
“The records responsive to your request are law enforcement records; there is a pending or prospective law enforcement proceeding relevant to these responsive records, and release of the information in these responsive records could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings,” the Bureau said in a letter to the Kansan.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - TG4 - 10-12-2017 06:27 AM

Get ready.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - GermantownTiger - 10-12-2017 07:14 AM

This is gonna be far bigger than most folks realize...many will be singing like a bird before the dust settles.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - TIGERCITY - 10-12-2017 07:24 AM

They're an Adidas school - I bet every notable Adidas school has had it's name mentioned somewhere, somehow. Doesn't *necessarily* mean they themselves were involved as I see it. Still wait and see --

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - Marc Mensa - 10-12-2017 07:25 AM

The shoe companies own big-time college basketball. At one point, the talent pool had started drying up at Duke. Over the past 7-8 years, however, the talent spigot has been flowing freely. I wonder why?

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - aTxTIGER - 10-12-2017 08:08 AM

There is no way Adidas was willing to spend 100k for Louisville to get players and not willing to do it for Kansas.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - TG4 - 10-12-2017 08:14 AM

(10-12-2017 07:24 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  They're an Adidas school - I bet every notable Adidas school has had it's name mentioned somewhere, somehow. Doesn't *necessarily* mean they themselves were involved as I see it. Still wait and see --
If you think Pitino is gonna hang by himself you are dreaming. Ish is about to get real.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - holyterror - 10-12-2017 08:16 AM

(10-12-2017 08:14 AM)TG4 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 07:24 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  They're an Adidas school - I bet every notable Adidas school has had it's name mentioned somewhere, somehow. Doesn't *necessarily* mean they themselves were involved as I see it. Still wait and see --
If you think Pitino is gonna hang by himself you are dreaming. Ish is about to get real.

Moo State is in pretty deep with Adidas...

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - Tiger57 - 10-12-2017 08:33 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. The fact that the FBI is refusing to disclose anything is troubling to say the least.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - cmt - 10-12-2017 09:26 AM

It'd be a real shame if the Lawson's are mixed up in this.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - tigergreen - 10-12-2017 09:27 AM

(10-12-2017 08:08 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  There is no way Adidas was willing to spend 100k for Louisville to get players and not willing to do it for Kansas.

^^^
This.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - aardWolf - 10-12-2017 09:51 AM

So if they vacate the Kansas national championship, then who won the game that we lost (and then had vacated)?

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - aTxTIGER - 10-12-2017 09:53 AM

(10-12-2017 09:51 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  So if they vacate the Kansas national championship, then who won the game that we lost (and then had vacated)?

Theyll just give it to Duke, right?

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - btiger - 10-12-2017 10:04 AM

its gonna get a lot worse

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - Memphis10Tigers - 10-12-2017 10:18 AM

Once they get full cooperation from Adidas and access to the bank records and disbursements made from the fund used to make these payments, then a lot of people could be potentially implicated. It will just take time for them to validate that those payments were made for corrupt purposes.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - presskh - 10-12-2017 10:20 AM

(10-12-2017 07:25 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The shoe companies own big-time college basketball. At one point, the talent pool had started drying up at Duke. Over the past 7-8 years, however, the talent spigot has been flowing freely. I wonder why?

Same for UK. And don't tell me it's all due to Calipari's "magnetic" personality.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - EarthBoundMisfit - 10-12-2017 10:31 AM

(10-12-2017 10:20 AM)presskh Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 07:25 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The shoe companies own big-time college basketball. At one point, the talent pool had started drying up at Duke. Over the past 7-8 years, however, the talent spigot has been flowing freely. I wonder why?

Same for UK. And don't tell me it's all due to Calipari's "magnetic" personality.

World Wide Wes

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - TIGERCITY - 10-12-2017 10:34 AM

(10-12-2017 08:33 AM)Tiger57 Wrote:  

I'll believe it when I see it. The fact that the FBI is refusing to disclose anything is troubling to say the least.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how the FBIs response makes this any more troubling for Kansas than it was yesterday before this broke. Yesterday Kansas was a high profile Adidas school who recruited elite recruits - which puts them at risk. Nothing has been added to that ---

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - FlyingTiger2016 - 10-12-2017 10:49 AM

(10-12-2017 10:34 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how the FBIs response makes this any more troubling for Kansas than it was yesterday before this broke. Yesterday Kansas was a high profile Adidas school who recruited elite recruits - which puts them at risk. Nothing has been added to that ---

The FBI basically stated that they do have information relating to Kansas that could reasonably interfere with their criminal investigation if released.

It matters what the FBI defines as "reasonable". Many people say it could be anything, but that really doesn't make much sense to me.

RE: Kansas implicated in FBI College sting? - TIGERCITY - 10-12-2017 11:06 AM

(10-12-2017 10:49 AM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 10:34 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

The FBI basically stated that they do have information relating to Kansas that could reasonably interfere with their criminal investigation if released.

It matters what the FBI defines as "reasonable". Many people say it could be anything, but that really doesn't make much sense to me.

That's not how I read this. Its just that there's an *ongoing* criminal investigation and Kansas's name has come up --- which could be something as simple as their contract and contacts with Adidas --- or it could be something more. You really can't add more than that from the FBIs response as I see it. We'll see.