CSNbbs
Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Middle Tennessee @ UAB (/thread-829376.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Middle Tennessee @ UAB - ThreeifbyLightning - 10-08-2017 09:37 AM

Let's get it started. Quick question for Blazer fans. Any chance you guys will lend AJ Erdely back to us for one more game?

Brent Stockstill did not not dress against FIU. He started throwing last week and had he dressed I would have taken that as a sign he is playing in Birmingham. Sounds like it didn't go as well as the coaches and medical team would have liked. We shall see how he progresses this week. I would guess it's literally a 50/50 proposition at this point of whether he plays.

Richie James did dress Saturday but did not play. It looks like he should return this week. We got a few guys back against FIU, so hopefully we are turning the corner on the injury front. Tony Franklin simplified the offense for Urzua and he did not throw an interception for the first time in his career. Baby steps. Still AJ should have stuck around! 04-cheers

I believe this is a very important game for MT (as I'm sure it is for UAB). This probably looked like a penciled in win for many before the season, but I believe y'all have likely disavowed everyone of that notion now. Good to have you guys back and look forward to what I expect will be a difficult and physical game Saturday.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Matrix - 10-08-2017 03:36 PM

(10-08-2017 09:37 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Let's get it started. Quick question for Blazer fans. Any chance you guys will lend AJ Erdely back to us for one more game?

Brent Stockstill did not not dress against FIU. He started throwing last week and had he dressed I would have taken that as a sign he is playing in Birmingham. Sounds like it didn't go as well as the coaches and medical team would have liked. We shall see how he progresses this week. I would guess it's literally a 50/50 proposition at this point of whether he plays.

Richie James did dress Saturday but did not play. It looks like he should return this week. We got a few guys back against FIU, so hopefully we are turning the corner on the injury front. Tony Franklin simplified the offense for Urzua and he did not throw an interception for the first time in his career. Baby steps. Still AJ should have stuck around! 04-cheers

I believe this is a very important game for MT (as I'm sure it is for UAB). This probably looked like a penciled in win for many before the season, but I believe y'all have likely disavowed everyone of that notion now. Good to have you guys back and look forward to what I expect will be a difficult and physical game Saturday.

"Lightning!" Long time, man! No to your first question! 03-lmfao A.J. is ours, and we be keeping him! I know that Blue Raider Nation is coming to Birmingham in heavy numbers, yourself best be among them! I feel compelled to give you and your well traveled fan base a heads up about driving from the Murfreesboro/Nashville area to Birmingham. Get there as early as you possibly can because of heavy road construction on the I-65/I-20 interchange in the heart of Birmingham a couple of miles or so from Legion Field, bka around here as "Malfunction Junction". trust me on this, the legend is true! Whatever the circumstances, just get there and back safely. Look forward to ya'lls "visit"...05-mafia

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Smaug - 10-08-2017 04:04 PM

Find Blazer Gameday on twitter. Useful traffic, shuttle, events information. I expect a great ball game.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Matrix - 10-08-2017 04:07 PM

(10-08-2017 04:04 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Find Blazer Gameday on twitter. Useful traffic, shuttle, events information. I expect a great ball game.

This!^^^^^

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - IoncemetJonVoight - 10-08-2017 05:16 PM

This should be a great game. Respect Bill immensely.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - WKUYG - 10-08-2017 05:32 PM

Would not surprise me to see Middle run away with this game. If they can stop UAB from running the ball and limit turnovers

But hope I'm wrong every game Middle loses is a good day.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - BeliefBlazer - 10-08-2017 05:40 PM

UAB had zero turnovers against Louisiana Tech. That was vital.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - blazr - 10-08-2017 06:33 PM

(10-08-2017 05:40 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  UAB had zero turnovers against Louisiana Tech. That was vital.

Along with a relatively limited number of huge (10-15 yards) penalties. That just killed us against North Texas.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - ICB - 10-08-2017 07:23 PM

Good News & Bad News for MT fans

Good News: Most fans believed that in order for UAB to get Bowl Eligible we had to split the home stand of La Tech & MT. Well we beat Tech so we’re feeling pretty good. Pressure off.

Bad News: the football team doesn’t think like fans.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - jcduncan13 - 10-08-2017 08:15 PM

Hey Middle, will you guys bring your band down to the game? Hope you guys bring a good crowd. Go blazers!

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - hooverblazer - 10-08-2017 11:36 PM

Really looking forward to this game after the exciting win yesterday. Vegas has the game as essentially a "pick em" and I would expect you guys to bring a nice crowd down for the game.

I'm sure AJ Erdely has had this game circled on his calendar.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - ThreeifbyLightning - 10-10-2017 10:29 AM

(10-08-2017 03:36 PM)Matrix Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 09:37 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Let's get it started. Quick question for Blazer fans. Any chance you guys will lend AJ Erdely back to us for one more game?

"Lightning!" Long time, man! No to your first question! 03-lmfao A.J. is ours, and we be keeping him! I know that Blue Raider Nation is coming to Birmingham in heavy numbers, yourself best be among them! I feel compelled to give you and your well traveled fan base a heads up about driving from the Murfreesboro/Nashville area to Birmingham. Get there as early as you possibly can because of heavy road construction on the I-65/I-20 interchange in the heart of Birmingham a couple of miles or so from Legion Field, bka around here as "Malfunction Junction". trust me on this, the legend is true! Whatever the circumstances, just get there and back safely. Look forward to ya'lls "visit"...05-mafia

Appreciate the info! Unfortunately, I will be in the friendly confines for this one. Don't get to make as many games now that I live up north.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - KAjunRaider - 10-10-2017 10:59 AM

Birmingham seems to be booming.

Where would you say most of the growth is ? It seems a lot is being built South, but they have extended the 3-lanes north of The Ham.

I rarely go West any more, and I"m sure East is growing.

Whereas a lot of folks are comparing the growth in Nashville to Atlanta, I would say Birmingham is becoming the "old" Nashville.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - UABslant - 10-10-2017 11:54 AM

(10-10-2017 10:59 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Birmingham seems to be booming.

Where would you say most of the growth is ? It seems a lot is being built South, but they have extended the 3-lanes north of The Ham.

Whereas a lot of folks are comparing the growth in Nashville to Atlanta, I would say Birmingham is becoming the "old" Nashville.

Most is south of downtown, but downtown has been booming lately. Also, north of downtown has seen some growth in Gardendale/Fultondale.

Multiple new restaurants have popped up downtown along with hotels, apartments, and condos. Top Golf is opening in a couple months downtown and our bid for the new Amazon HQ has been getting a lot of attention.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - hooverblazer - 10-10-2017 12:44 PM

(10-10-2017 10:59 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Birmingham seems to be booming.

Most of the metro's population lives south of downtown so there's always suburban activity there. But in the last 5ish years, there's been a lot of revitalization downtown and in downtown adjacent neighborhoods in Birmingham city limits. Over the last 4 years alone, there's been over $1 billion in construction in downtown Birmingham. Lots of new condos, lofts, hotels, restaurants, UAB's growth, etc.

Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Shrack - 10-10-2017 05:10 PM

I would really like to win this game and get to 4-2... maybe go undefeated at home this year. [WHITE SMILING FACE] Here's to a good game

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - eaglebeaver - 10-10-2017 06:01 PM

(10-08-2017 05:40 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  UAB had zero turnovers against Louisiana Tech. That was vital.

USM hasn't has ZERO turnovers since the Roosevelt administration (Teddy's)..

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - Blue Raider Dave - 10-10-2017 06:06 PM

I think UAB has to be the feel good story in college football, especially if they go to a bowl game.

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - 58-56 - 10-10-2017 07:06 PM

(10-08-2017 04:04 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Find Blazer Gameday on twitter. Useful traffic, shuttle, events information. I expect a great ball game.

The shuttle is awesome. Don't stay away because of Legion Field; the shuttle wipes out the worst parts of the Legion experience. LaTech brought like 12 people. Don't be like them.

Here's the webpage (you'll want the Public shuttle; it's free):

https://blazergameday.com/shuttles/

RE: Middle Tennessee @ UAB - cb4029 - 10-10-2017 07:10 PM

12 people. 03-lmfao

By the way, I sat by them in the second half and have no comment.